This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

POLL: Which Roster is best and why? Pictures included

#1_Super_Shadow_Posted 3/7/2013 11:29:23 AM
Your favorite roster? - Results (52 votes)
Roster 1
48.08% (25 votes)
Roster 2
23.08% (12 votes)
Roster 3
28.85% (15 votes)
This poll is now closed.
ROSTER 1:
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2963/supersmashbros4rosterco.jpg

ROSTER 2:
http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/2316/supersmashbros4roster2c.jpg

ROSTER 3:
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/9250/supersmashbros4roster3c.jpg

Why I Chose some Characters and Didn't chose some Favorites.

King K. Rool
Im not the biggest fan of his inclusion, but he is iconic in the donkey universe, Ignoring his chances, and for the smash team to "revive" in a sense this famous character would be a great opportunity, not only that, but smash needs to start repping more of its iconic villains and not just its hero's.

Bowser Jr.
A new mario rep is almost impossible to avoid, and Bowser Jr is actually one worth having. He has played a Major role in almost every mario game since his debut, and has a big following. he could easily have a unique moveset using his paint brush, as well as other stuff including his koopa car jr.

Paper Mario
Paper Mario is more likely than I think People give him credit. He has appeared on the N64, Gamecube, Wii, and 3DS. having a totally unique play style, and artistic choice behind him. If we get a new mario rep, ill be surprised if its not one of the following.

Kat & Ana
Kat & Ana have an upcoming role in the new wario ware game for the Wii U, which is something nintendo will want to advertise, especially with the Wii U's unfortunate slow start up for the time being. Kat & Ana have a big following and a lot of charm to them. It would almost be unanimous that people would atleast enjoy trying out the dual ninja team. They have appeared on many of nintendo's consoles, from gameboy advance, ds, wii, etc. And they were also an Assist Trophy in Brawl which could help their chances.

Tetra
She should play as her own character, not a Toon Zelda/Toon sheik combo. She has been in Four Zelda games.
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures, Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, and Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks. not only that, but she is obviously appearing in the remake of Wind Waker slated for the Wii U this fall. This will likely be the only zelda game on the Wii U before super smash bros is out. It should Easily put her first on the list.

Vaati
Appearing in three Legend of Zelda Games, Legend of Zelda Four Swords, Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures, and Legend of Zelda Minish Cap He would be a great antagonist to Toon Link, giving him his own counterpart to fight. He would have a Unique playstyle, and his final smash would be awesome, Turning into his True Form.
http://images.wikia.com/ultimatepopculture/images/5/5a/Vaati_true_form.jpg

Rick
Rick is a giant hamster that would have the "cute" factor. he is a Kirby character and a favorite for fans of the kirby series.Not to mention that it helps him out that hes in close with the creator of the smash series, who created the kirby series as well. Rick would be easily able to perform much of kirby's abilities that werent implemented in his moveset. And bringing the character back to life after just being cameo's for so long would be much fun.

Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee is arguably the most popular support character in all of kirby's history. appearing from playable characters, assisting characters, villains, mascot's, and more. Waddle dee could use some of the abilities that didnt make it into our pink hero's moveset, and feature some of the items used from the series, like the spears and umbrella's which are a staple for the character. Sakura the creator of kirby also being the creator of smash certainly helps his chances too.

Dont post yet
---
Ridley, Tom Nook, Bowser Jr, Palutena, Megaman, Lloyd Irving, and Agumon for Smash
#2_Super_Shadow_(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 11:30:15 AM
Ridley
Ridley is not only a Fan Favorite, but is more or less the Reason samus exists. He killed her parent's and turned her into the perso she is today, and it is Self Explanatory. With everyone complaining that he is to big, obviously hasnt played a mario game, because at the end of most mario games, youre looking at a sky scrapper sized bowser, Ridley could break the mold as the tallest character just as sonic broke captain falcons for fastest. they could even find some way to explain his size change in a new sub space.

Chrom
Chrom is not only from the new fire emblem game, but his game is the Fastest selling entry in the entire series. His Popularity alone makes him an excellent candidate. Not only this, but fire Emblem just released its game for 3DS world wide, and now the announcement that a new Wii U fire Emblem game is on its way is enough for Fire Emblem to be getting a lot of reps this time around. Chrom being the most logical and first choice for the game.

Roy
This would mark Roy's Return to the Smash series, and most people are either very for, or very against his return. However new moveset or not, he does have a support group and has been included in the past. Also being one of the Characters to receive a very drastic remodel that would make him stand out in smash bros.

Lyn
The Smash series needs more Female representations, and Lyn is a great candidate. Not only is she an assist trophy in brawl, but her popularity is only growing with her new art direction in Fire Emblem awakening. She is one of the most Popular characters and being one of the first female main character in a series. Smash needs more females, and for one to be attacking on par with link, krom and more would be refreshing to see.

Anna
Anna has appeared in every single fire emblem game to date. ( except one. ) Her popularity is only increasing with Fire Emblems Rapidly growing interest and booming popularity. She has a terrific character design that has stood the test of time. Even though she has a traditional sword, she could play very unique as opposed to the brute strength or speed that most sword users rely on, she could play using lots of tricks and almost theif like gameplay as well. She may not have the biggest support group now, but I think we could see it even more so come the New Fire Emblem game for Wii U

Mewtwo
Mewtwo is someone who has fan service all over the world, having his inclusion cut due to time constraints in brawl, his chance of reappearing is very likely. He plays unlike anyone else due to his psychic ability. He almost played a Villain like role in the pokemon and smash series, and its something the smash series needs more of.

Genesect
Genesect is another Pokemon who has a lot of hype around him. Not only that, but he has an upcoming movie in which he will be the star of. He could easily play a Villain like role, or a hero type role. He was a pokemon genetically experimented to make more powerful just like mewtwo. The pokemon Series already suffers from an over population of Generation 1 pokemon, and Genesect is the mewtwo for the new generation of kids if you like it or not. He would definitely not play like any other player, so it makes him even more interesting to think about.

6th Generation Pokemon.
A 6th Generation Pokemon is incredibly likely. The new Generation will be out worldwide in October. Meaning that it will have the time needed to be included in the game. if people like it or not, pokemon appeals to multiple generations, and just because its not centered around your world anymore, doesnt mean that the new generation doesnt need rep's. Pokemon will always be around, and the series as a whole needs to represented, not just the first entry.
---
Ridley, Tom Nook, Bowser Jr, Palutena, Megaman, Lloyd Irving, and Agumon for Smash
#3_Super_Shadow_(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 11:30:41 AM
Shulk
Shulk is "living" proof of fans demanding what they want. Fans cried to nintendo so much, that they were forced to localize the game for north american audiences. Getting universal acclaim from reviewers to boot. Add to the fact that he was shown as the last surprise factor to the new Monolith Soft Wii U game, and his inclusion just seems More likely, as Nintendo will want to promote the Wii U in all ways they can.

Palutena
Again, we need more female reps, And Palutena is a more than likely candidate, with pit getting his big revival in brawl, she received the same. She was in the very successful kid icarus uprising game, in which she was with almost 100% of the time. She has world wide popularity, more so in japan having said that. but her returning in brawl wouldn't surprise anyone I imagine.

Medusa
smash. needs females. blah. blah. she is someone who would play unlike others, and has a role up there with the more evil of villains. Seeing her team up with gannondorf, and ridley in sub space would feel overwhelming and terrifying. Not only does she add to the famle and villain side, but she has a lot of character in her, and would fit great in the smash bros roster.

Tom Nook
One of Nintendo's best selling Franchises now, Animal Crossing being more present in a Smash game isnt left field. Tom Nook could have many different movesets and play in a non violent way. using stuff like Fishing rods, bug nets, and leafs that transform into various items. Tom Nook would add charm and maybe a bit of the WTF character of this generation.

Ray MK
Ray is from the Custom Robo series that made its debut on the N64 in 1999, and aside from a trophy in Melee, he didnt make it to north american shores until 2004 on the nintendo gamecube, after the release of a GBA game. The series increased in poularity after the DS version of the game as well, Ray even appears as an unlockable assist trophy in Brawl. His size and weapon arsenal would truly make him a very interesting character in the smash bros universe and would definitely be an inspired choice.

Dillion
Dillion is from a 3DS downloadble entry known as Dillion's Rolling Western. The series was announced to have a sequel at the last nintendo direct we were treated to. Dillion would be a symbol of Nintendo's introduction into the Downloadable market, which is a big move for nintendo. Making a Moveset for Dillion would be a very easy thing to do, and would play very different than what we have right now. Dillion is also one of the first and biggest new characters Nintendo has made in years, and he has been met with critical reception as well as fan praise.

Lip
Lip is from the Japanese version of tetris attack titled panel de pon. Also appearing in the Japanese game " Captain Rainbow" which is a game that features many forgotten nintendo characters. If you dont know who she is, she is the true wielder of Lips stick, ( the flower staff ) she would be a good retro character for the series, using tetris blocks to attack as well. a good addition for a "WTF" character as well.

Takumaru
Appearing in several games but not his own for a long time now, appearing in Captain Rainbow, Dynasty Warriors, A attraction at Nintendo Land, and more. He would be a terrific "retro" character to bring back with an updated look like Kid Icarus. A moveset for him would be very easy to implement, and seems to be a fan favorite.
---
#4_Super_Shadow_(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 11:32:02 AM
Megaman
Megaman is a Character like Snake, and Sonic. He has a "WOW" factor. He was a giant figure in nintendo's histroy as well. Not To mention how closely Capcom has worked with Nintendo over the years, Working on multiple zelda titles such as minish cap. Having the famous blue bomber in the game would generate the same level-if not more of hype and excitement as snake was revealing himself at the end. Capcom has treated the character badly for the last couple years, and they have been saying they are looking for a new way to bring back the character, nothing would be a bigger welcome back than his participation in this game.

Lloyd Irving
With Namco working on this game, we are safe to assume that a character from their company makes an apparence. The Director of the Tales Studio, "Yosh!to Higuchi" is also the director of the game ( along with Sakurai ) so naturally an inclusion of a character from the tales universe seems likely to assume. Not only that, sakurai said a namco character is likely, but it would have to fit into the universe well enough. Lloyd fits this very well, and not only that, he was introduced on a nintendo console, and his game is widely regarded as a favorite from reviewers and fans alike.

Agumon
To 90's kids, pokemon vs. digimon was only a dream or an Imaginary game you played with friends. His inclusion into the game would not only make sense, but appeal to a lot of people, in people not interested in the current games of either pokemon or digimon. Digimon have appeared on nintendo games before, even his own version of super smash Entitled "Digimon Rumble Arena"

Sweet baby jesus that went on longer than I thought.

Go ahead and post and tell me why you like which roster more than the other, who think might be a better addition, or what you think should change
---
#5liveman789Posted 3/7/2013 11:36:46 AM(edited)
Not having Pac-man is any of them is a big no-no, for starters. Also, each of the rosters have 50 characters, which is a bit much.

But other than that it's really hard to tell which is best, because while each has good things, they also have bad things along with it.
---
My latest Smash Bros 4 roster: http://oi46.tinypic.com/2rz99xx.jpg
#6_Super_Shadow_(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 11:42:13 AM
liveman789 posted...
Not having Pac-man is any of them is a big no-no, for starters. Also, each of the rosters have 50 characters, which is a bit much.

But other than that it's really hard to tell which is best, because while each has good things, they also have bad things along with it.

I almost put pacman in, but I think people are supporting him just due to the likeliness of him being a candidate. and I think It would be a bad decision on namco's part to include him as the character, as not only is their a hundred better options, but whoever is in this game will recieve a rocket in terms of popularity and bring in the success to their franchise. As I dont Doubt Pacman's chances in this game, he was the only character I left out because I would rather support go to characters who I personally think earn it more, and arent just being rooted for because they are likely.

I did try to keep it even in terms of people wanting this character and not wanting another so thats a good thing!
---
#7Traptin3daysPosted 3/7/2013 11:56:17 AM
I would've gone with Roster 2, but then I saw its 3rd party characters, so it is a big no. Even though it has Roy

Roster 1 vs. Roster 3
Fire Emblem:
Anna & Chrom vs. Lyn & Ike
Either a beloved vet or the most recent lord. I can't see either Lyn and especially not Anna being in as playable. I will go with Roster 3 here because of Ike.

Starfox:
Roster 1 has both Falco and Wolf. Roster 3 has only Falco. I will go with Roster 1 here.

Kirby:
Rick vs. Waddle Dee.
Waddle Dee, no contest. I don't want either though. Roster 1.

Pokemon:
Either have Jiggz or a completely unknown Pokemon. Jiggz is awesome, so it's obviously Roster 3 here.

Mario:
Bowser Jr. vs Paper Mario & Bowser Jr.
I think adding two Mario reps are too much. I will go with Roster 1.

Kid Icarus:
Palutena vs. Medusa
Palutena is obvious, 1 point to Roster 1.

Wario:
Kat & Ana vs. None
The only Wario rep I can accept is Captain Syrup, but I think Wario already reps his franchises fine without a secondary character. 1 point to Roster 3.

Other:
Takamaru vs. Dillon and Ray
Isn't Ray a 3rd party character? I don't want Capcom to have two reps and I don't like Dillon. 1 point to Roster 1.

Roster 1 = 5 points
Roster 3 = 3 points

Roster 1 it is. But I don't really like it.
---
Now let's sacrifice some chickens! :D
#8Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 3/7/2013 11:58:30 AM
They are all bad, but Roster 2 convinced me more because of obvious reasons.
#9Traptin3daysPosted 3/7/2013 12:02:17 PM
Kooky_von_Koopa posted...
They are all bad, but Roster 2 convinced me more because of obvious reasons.

Hope you take care of your Augomon. Otherwise it will digivolve into a Sukamon.
---
Now let's sacrifice some chickens! :D
#10_Super_Shadow_(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 12:27:35 PM
Ray is not a thrid party character at all.
Nintendo even threw him in Brawl.

Also, just because your favorite didnt make the list, doesnt mean this is a "bad" roster.
if you dont like these characters that much that you deem it bad, then youre probably going to want to look at another game that isnt super smash bros.
---