Solid Snake in Brawl was a godlike thing.

#21IlIlIlIlIlIlIlPosted 3/8/2013 6:42:59 AM
l33t_iRk3n_Rm33 posted...
I think you misinterpreted me. I meant I'd be super happy if they both came back.

Yeah, looks like I did. I think I read "lesser of two evils" backwards
---
|N|M|E|
#22UberPyro64Posted 3/8/2013 6:45:39 AM
Doug314 posted...
It does matter how important a character is to Nintendo. If awesomeness alone could get someone in, we'd probably have stuff like anime characters.

As long as there from a video game that at one point appeared on a Nintendo console that should be good enough. Snake did so it's awesome that he got in even if his most iconic games were on PlayStation.
---
My SSB4 Roster: http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/6329/ssb4february2013rosterr.png
#23soothsayer77(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 11:24:13 AM(edited)
Doug314 posted...
It does matter how important a character is to Nintendo. If awesomeness alone could get someone in, we'd probably have stuff like anime characters.

Well not really because he's awesome because of his impact on video games as a whole not just cause he's a great character.

Even though he's mainly with the Playstation, like I said before he's one of the few characters that can truly stand toe-to-toe with some of Nintendo's best that simultaneously pushed gaming forward while being a massively loved and storied character.

It's not just like putting someone like Kazuya in here. While Kaz is a cool character, he isn't on Snake's level when it comes to video games as a whole. Snake's on that Nintendo level, and one of the very few video game characters that is. That's why I think he fits in an awesomely unfitting way and deserves to stay.
#24Phantom_NookPosted 3/8/2013 11:48:52 AM
I agree.
inb4dedekong
---
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442
#25maxen963Posted 3/8/2013 12:29:20 PM
Konami should release the next MGS on the Wii U.
#26DasDavidPosted 3/8/2013 12:40:01 PM
soothsayer77 posted...
Doug314 posted...

Well not really because he's awesome because of his impact on video games as a whole not just cause he's a great character.

Even though he's mainly with the Playstation, like I said before he's one of the few characters that can truly stand toe-to-toe with some of Nintendo's best that simultaneously pushed gaming forward while being a massively loved and storied character.

It's not just like putting someone like Kazuya in here. While Kaz is a cool character, he isn't on Snake's level when it comes to video games as a whole. Snake's on that Nintendo level, and one of the very few video game characters that is. That's why I think he fits in an awesomely unfitting way and deserves to stay.

This is how I look at it I guess, apart from the fact that I don't care much for snake, I understand entirely why people think it was a great thing for him to be in.

I personally don't want him to return in this one, only because I think it's a bit more special to have the one game that he's in and have that be like... more significant in a way than him just being a permanent member of the cast. I know this might not make a lot of sense, but the only real way I can compare it to anything is sort of like how Soul Caliber 2 had those console specific fighters. To me that's still one of the coolest f***ing things ever, and it hasn't lost it's allure to me because it's something that I can only experience in that one particular game.
---
-->MY<-- Hoped SSB4 Roster. I can't stress that first part enough <.<
http://oi46.tinypic.com/313i2yu.jpg