Rate My Roster #1: Starting Off

#1bwburke94Posted 3/8/2013 10:25:18 AM
This is the start of a series of threads I'm doing. I'll post a roster, and you'll respond to it for the next few days. I'll then make some of the changes you guys recommend in my next roster.

Newcomers have ** next to their names.

Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
**Daisy - don't worry, the sports outfit is an alternate outfit

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Yoshi
Wario

Ness
Lucas
**Kumatora

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Charizard (now independent of PT)
**Gen 6 Pokemon

Link (Skyward Sword)
Zelda
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Sheik (now a separate character from Zelda)
**Groose

Marth
**Chrom
**Female Avatar (FE13) - uses default appearance

Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight

Fox
Wolf

Captain Falcon
**Black Shadow

Ice Climbers
Mr. G&W
Olimar
Pit
Samus/ZSS
**Captain Rainbow
**Chibi-Robo
**Dillon
**Mallo

Snake
**Raiden (Metal Gear)

Sonic

**Mega Man

(RETURNEES FROM MELEE: None)
(CUTS FROM BRAWL: Falco, Ike, Pokemon Trainer, R.O.B.)
---
Systems that block used games are in violation of US and EU laws.
If Micro$oft tries to do it... CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT TIME!
#2UberPyro64Posted 3/8/2013 10:39:28 AM(edited)
lol Daisy. She isn't likely regardless of what she is wearing.

I would take out Kumatara. Mother is 3 games and Ness and Lucas represent it perfectly as it is.

I would definitely keep Pokemon Trainer the way he is. He is a unique idea I doubt Sakurai would get rid of.

Sheik should remain with Zelda since they are one in the same. Having them separate is silly.

Groose is a one off character and thus should not be added.

F-Zer hasn't had a game since 2004. I doubt it will get anything new.

Would definitly add Falco and R.O.B. back in.

Would definitely add Palutena as a Kid Icarus rep. She is quite popular and requested in Japan and Sakurai worked on the last game in the series.

Would take out Mallo and Chibi Robo for Shulk, Little Mac and Takamaru. They are quite deserving and popular.

Also would add Pac-Man instead of Megaman considering he isn't too likely due to Capcom being stupid. But there is still a chance so you can keep him.

Also though Raiden is awesome, I doubt we would get a second rep from any third party series.
---
My SSB4 Roster: http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/6329/ssb4february2013rosterr.png
#3HaganPosted 3/8/2013 11:08:44 AM
Dark link
Queen gohma
---
XBL GT= illidan z
http://www.youtube.com/user/illidanz
#4mew2dsPosted 3/8/2013 11:11:44 AM
1/10

Mewtwo>Lucario
---
May robots be shot, and weapons be GOT
#5Dustof_DryBonesPosted 3/8/2013 11:27:02 AM
Remove Daisy
Remove Kumatora
Remove Groose
Remove Black Shadow
Remove Mallo
Remove Raiden
Add Little Mac
Add Shulk
Add Marth
Add Snake
Add Sonic

Do the above and I might take your roster seriously.
---
Ahoy, matey!
#6RanzEDGEPosted 3/8/2013 11:30:27 AM
mew2ds posted...
1/10

Mewtwo>Lucario

http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/2285/m2suxbm0.jpg

Lucario: Better luck next time...
---
"We are not small you are just to big can you not see this!?" ~TheDenpamen
#7VyersPosted 3/8/2013 11:33:40 AM
Remove Daisy - Feels entirely forced. We don't need any new Mario characters.
Remove Kumatora - I like her, but she's not even the best choice for Mother 3.
Wait, Pokemon loses two unique movesets in favour of a flavour of the month? Ridiculous.
Remove Groose - He's just some guy from a game that people aren't thinking about anymore.
Consolidate female avatar - I love how you specify that it has to be the female one instead of either or - into Chrom's character.
Cut Dillon and Mallo. Both are very, very forced; basically, they're identifiable characters on the eShop who have multiple games, and that's it. Either one would work as a stage, at least.
Remove Raiden. Besides Metal Gear not even needing a second rep, this is an awful choice; Raiden has minimal significance to Nintendo, and is already in another franchise fighter.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, and more~!
#8RomanticWaluigiPosted 3/8/2013 11:56:58 AM
Its a very bad roster :(
---
End of post.
#9_Super_Shadow_Posted 3/8/2013 1:02:17 PM
bwburke94 posted...
This is the start of a series of threads I'm doing. I'll post a roster, and you'll respond to it for the next few days. I'll then make some of the changes you guys recommend in my next roster.

Newcomers have ** next to their names.

Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
**Daisy - don't worry, the sports outfit is an alternate outfit

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Yoshi
Wario

Ness
Lucas
**Kumatora

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Charizard (now independent of PT)
**Gen 6 Pokemon

Link (Skyward Sword)
Zelda
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Sheik (now a separate character from Zelda)
**Groose

Marth
**Chrom
**Female Avatar (FE13) - uses default appearance

Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight

Fox
Wolf

Captain Falcon
**Black Shadow

Ice Climbers
Mr. G&W
Olimar
Pit
Samus/ZSS
**Captain Rainbow
**Chibi-Robo
**Dillon
**Mallo

Snake
**Raiden (Metal Gear)

Sonic

**Mega Man

(RETURNEES FROM MELEE: None)
(CUTS FROM BRAWL: Falco, Ike, Pokemon Trainer, R.O.B.)

-Daisy over Bowser jr or Paper mario? there is no way I would accept that.

-Huge Fan of the Earthbound Series, but three reps for a series that hasn't done anything since super nintendo and the majority of the titles hasnt even made it to north american shores? youve got to be kidding. Even though I would be upset to see ness or lucas go, it wouldnt shock me at all to see one of them go.

+ for keeping Lucario, I really respect that.

-You make two cuts in the form of pokemon trainer, and dont cut jigglypuff? Squirtle and ivysaur are much better characters than jigglypuff, and this is from someone who hates using the Down B swap Mechanic.

+ for Keeping one of my main's Toon Link
-for Groose. Thats even a worse suggestion than girahim, which I thought was impossible. Tetra, Vaati, Impa, and tingle all deserve to be a character more than groose.

+ For chrom, and an additional point for him replacing ike. Even if they have the same moveset I believe chrom should replace ike.
+ for Female FE Rep.
- for it being the Avatar.

- for Cutting Falco, - another point for keeping Wolf.
If we keep one, it should be falco, update his moveset, and give wolf as a alternate costume to fox.

= the only way I see Black Shadow Happening is if Gannondorf gets an updated moveset, and black shadow being an alternate costume, or using Gannondorf's old moveset as Sakura mains as gannondorf for some odd reason.

- for cutting ROB. you may not like him, but he represents a lot more of nintendo's past than some of these other characters.

- no Ridley

- No new Kid Icarus Rep
= Captain Rainbow is cool, but He should be represented by a level instead.
= Chibi Robo would be interesting, but I can list multiple characters more deserving. just because he would be an interesting choice, doesnt make it the best choice.

I would be very dissapointed if this were the Roster, which would be the first time in smash history.
---
Ridley, Tom Nook, Bowser Jr, Palutena, Megaman, Lloyd Irving, and Agumon for Smash
#10xgiraffes13xPosted 3/8/2013 1:41:02 PM
Honestly this is the most original roster made; even though a majority doesn't want this at all props to you for being very original... even though this roster is horrible.
-1 for adding a new Earthbound rep
-1 for cutting R.O.B; he's an original character and there's nothing wrong with him
-1 for giving Metal Gear another rep
-1 for Groose
-1 for no KI reps
-2 for no retro reps.. but you added a lot of new series characters including Mallo and Captain Rainbow.. how about no.
Overall 3/10 .
---
My Dream SSB4 Roster - http://tinyurl.com/az7b2j4
3 months until E3! *fangirls*