This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Chrom.

#1Sailor_RazorPosted 3/11/2013 4:22:49 PM
He doesn't need to be a clone of Ike. The way he fights after promoting, he's kind of like Sigurd on foot. He's a Lord, and he could bring new spice to the table by being able to swap back and forth between a sword and a lance. Lots of potential there.
#2DaisyfanboyPosted 3/11/2013 5:29:36 PM
I love the cast of Awakening so much I'm so sad my favorites aren't as important as chrom. :(
---
So I'm still waiting for Daisy to reappear in something that's not a spinoff.
I'll probably end up dying first or something but optimism is fun.
#3Mister_LuigiPosted 3/11/2013 10:41:45 PM
I agree with your statements. Chrom can definitely be unique, and actually in my opinion it would be kind of an insult to both Chrom and Ike if Ike were replaced and Chrom took his moves.

It's like saying Ike isn't unique enough to stay alongside Chrom and Chrom isn't unique enough to have his own moveset.
---
Why not right? Everybody picks a character or two that they support for SSB4; I will too! Masked Marth, I choose you!
(Is the true identity still a spoiler?)
#4a_fartn_SpartanPosted 3/11/2013 10:49:19 PM
Mister_Luigi posted...
Chrom can definitely be unique, and actually in my opinion it would be kind of an insult to both Chrom and Ike if Ike were replaced and Chrom took his moves.

It's like saying Ike isn't unique enough to stay alongside Chrom and Chrom isn't unique enough to have his own moveset.

I honestly believe this needs to be heard by everyone on this board.

And possibly to go along with it, that Ike has a completely unique moveset and there's no reason to scrap him. Especially when 3 reps were planned for Brawl, so having Marth, Ike, and Chrom should not be out of the question.
---
Battletoads, Killer Instinct, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, DK Country, Diddy Racing, Banjo, Conker.
Rare, you will be missed.
#5ReverothPosted 3/11/2013 10:57:05 PM
Bah, always with the FE dudes. Wish they'd put Lucina in, she's more than deserving enough. Heck, go back and use Lyn.
#6Mister_LuigiPosted 3/11/2013 11:03:21 PM
a_fartn_Spartan posted...
Mister_Luigi posted...
Chrom can definitely be unique, and actually in my opinion it would be kind of an insult to both Chrom and Ike if Ike were replaced and Chrom took his moves.

I honestly believe this needs to be heard by everyone on this board.

And possibly to go along with it, that Ike has a completely unique moveset and there's no reason to scrap him. Especially when 3 reps were planned for Brawl, so having Marth, Ike, and Chrom should not be out of the question.

Thanks! I too am hoping others on the board see this =)

Anyway, in further addition to that too, although it's been stated quite a few times already, Ike was the main character of two games in the series along with Marth, not counting the remakes of course (and technically Leif too, but he wasn't the main character of his first game ironically enough).

Popularity notwithstanding (and Ike is definitely popular), the fact that Intelligent Systems decided to give him a second game out of all of the main characters and Priam, his descendant in the most recent Fire Emblem game seems to imply that IS sees Ike as pretty significant to the series.
---
Why not right? Everybody picks a character or two that they support for SSB4; I will too! Masked Marth, I choose you!
#7Mister_LuigiPosted 3/11/2013 11:05:27 PM
Reveroth posted...
Bah, always with the FE dudes. Wish they'd put Lucina in, she's more than deserving enough. Heck, go back and use Lyn.

Haha, it's funny you should mention that... *looks at own sig*

I actually support her the most out of the Fire Emblem characters, and actually all of my most wanted newcomers too =)
---
#8Sailor_Razor(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2013 11:06:33 PM
Problem with Lucy there is that she's not the de facto main character. If it were a Sigurd situation, she'd be eligible, I guess, but it's not. Chrom is the main man of Awakening, and the one whom everybody knows if they know about Awakening. Though she could also handle a spear reasonably, since she can use them in Awakening too. As for Lyn, I have to disagree because she's another sword user. There are already a lot of sword guys in Smash. And Marth already covers the "Fast sword user" type out of the Fire Emblem characters. Ike meanwhile is the "Slow sword user", and Roy could be changed up to have a ranged game by shooting fire if he made a comeback.
#9Doug314Posted 3/11/2013 11:52:05 PM
Have any of you ever made Chrom fight with a lance? His main sword is free so why waste the super hard to earn money on a weapon for him you actually have to pay for?
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB Wii U and SSB 3DS!
"Mewtwo & Roy WILL return in this game" -Kooky_von_Koopa
#10Sailor_Razor(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 12:46:37 AM
I have. Random battles drop tons of lances, and you could also give him a Killer Lance. Though likewise you could give him a Killing Edge. Well, just in case the enemy is using a sword or lance, and the edge (or removing their edge) would help.