This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does people think that 3-4 reps is too much for Fire Emblem?

#1epik_fail1Posted 3/14/2013 7:23:42 AM
This series might not be as popular as other RPGs like Final Fantasy or Skyrim, but considering the number of games it has, I don't think it should be a problem for them to include at least 3 FE characters.
---
Mewtwo, Lucario and Zoroark (or) Victini all deserve to be in SSB4
People who agree : 37
#2UberPyro64Posted 3/14/2013 7:25:03 AM
4+ is reserved for the big 3. Mario, Zelda and Pokemon.

3 would work well for Fire Emblem.

Marth/Ike/Chrom FTW.
---
My SSB4 Roster: http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/6329/ssb4february2013rosterr.png
#3Soanevalcke6Posted 3/14/2013 7:27:48 AM
The Franchise hasnt even Broken the 5 million mark, only Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Metroid, and Starfox have.
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact
SSB4 Roster: http://i.imgur.com/5QkQDKS.png PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6
#4Ari917Posted 3/14/2013 9:48:56 AM
Soanevalcke6 posted...
The Franchise hasnt even Broken the 5 million mark, only Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Metroid, and Starfox have.

And yet two of them (Metroid and DK) have far outsold Star Fox and have less characters then it while also tying with Kirby, which also outsells it. Also, Star Fox beat Kirby and DK in Melee despite only being a relatively new franchise by comparison and being outsold by them.

Sales don't actually mean too much, otherwise the roster would mostly be formed up of Mario, Zelda and Pokemon characters while those like IC wouldn't even have a prayer of getting in.
#5Astro1446Posted 3/14/2013 10:09:46 AM
Better question is, why do people feel that Fire Emblem deserves 3-4 characters? Marth is the only FE character that could really be considered important to Nintendo. Roy and Ike are probably among the least iconic characters to appear in Smash, with possible exceptions going to the Mother duo. Sure, there are a lot of games, but only because the games are easy to make due to constantly reusing the same plot elements and characters.

Fire Emblem could get three characters, and there's probably a decent chance that it will, but it doesn't deserve it any more than any other series.
---
Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit.
http://i55.tinypic.com/jtweaa.jpg - Credit to heero_fred.
#6Someguy_13Posted 3/14/2013 10:56:30 AM
UberPyro64 posted...
4+ is reserved for the big 3. Mario, Zelda and Pokemon.

3 would work well for Fire Emblem.

Marth/Ike/Chrom FTW.

I disagree on the 4+ being for those series.

If they each get one more rep, I see no problem with FE having 4.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#7judgementaeonPosted 3/14/2013 10:57:23 AM
The series is seriously becoming more popular, I don't see why there can't be 4...
---
PSASBR mains: Jak, Cole, Sackboy, Radec #1 main: Emmett
SSBB mains: Ice Climbers, Zelda, Luigi
#8marchefelixPosted 3/14/2013 10:58:11 AM
Because it's not Mario or Zelda.
---
"Haters" is an ignorant term. Don't use it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPcRgLlom3g
#9CrystalKing5426Posted 3/14/2013 11:06:40 AM
judgementaeon posted...
The series is seriously becoming more popular, I don't see why there can't be 4...

Because other, more worthy series, most notably Metroid and DK, have fewer reps than that.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Official Groudon of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#10judgementaeonPosted 3/14/2013 11:09:02 AM
CrystalKing5426 posted...
judgementaeon posted...

Because other, more worthy series, most notably Metroid and DK, have fewer reps than that.

Well, those series, mostly Metroid, haven't been growing much lately, other than Metroid Other M and DK Country Returns, while Fire Emblem got Awakening recently, and now it's even getting a crossover title...
---
PSASBR mains: Jak, Cole, Sackboy, Radec #1 main: Emmett
SSBB mains: Ice Climbers, Zelda, Luigi