Why does people think that 3-4 reps is too much for Fire Emblem?

#21judgementaeonPosted 3/14/2013 12:27:42 PM
Uhh....ok, I guess...
---
PSASBR mains: Jak, Cole, Sackboy, Radec #1 main: Emmett
SSBB mains: Ice Climbers, Zelda, Luigi
#22LegendofLegaiaPosted 3/14/2013 12:45:22 PM
Astro1446 posted...
Every character who has gotten into Smash in the past as a playable character is more important to Nintendo than anyone you suggested.

Even Ness and Lucas?
---
"It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it." - Kreia
#23Astro1446Posted 3/14/2013 12:51:22 PM
Ness and Lucas are the stars of their games. Hector, Lilina and Micaiah are more comparable to Jeff, Paula and Poo.
---
Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit.
http://i55.tinypic.com/jtweaa.jpg - Credit to heero_fred.
#24Soanevalcke6Posted 3/14/2013 1:02:15 PM
judgementaeon posted...
Astro1446 posted...
Astro1446 posted...
Hector, Lilina, Micaiah, in a way Sothe, Chrom, even some bad guys like Limstella or Nergal could work :p

Chrom's the only one with a chance of getting in Smash. And even then, he's far less important to Nintendo than most other potential reps from other series.

Why is he the only one? :p

None of the others are the main character of the one game where they're not merely cameos. (Micaiah plays second fiddle to Ike.) None of them are notably popular either.

I don't really think R.O.B was popular either >_<
And Lyn's not the main character of her game, yet she got in before Eliwood :p

Grey Fox got in as an Assist Trophy over Raiden. But if they were to add another MGS Rep (Which they likely wont), Do you think Grey Fox would get the slot? or Raiden?

Assist Trophies were put in based on how they could be unique, which is different than the actual character roster.
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact
SSB4 Roster: http://i.imgur.com/5QkQDKS.png PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6
#25fuzi11Posted 3/14/2013 1:19:53 PM
You cannot compare Metroid with Star Fox or for example Kid Icarus

Star Fox and Kid Icarus are character driven games. In every corner in every level you have characters with fun, developed character

whereas in Metroid you have Samus, Ridley maybe Dark Samus even more maybe SA:X and reaching out very far: Adam. Metroid just doesn't have the amount of interesting characters to choose from. Star Fox has many unique fun characters that just adds variety to the game, as would Kid Icarus with characters like Palutena, Medusa, Viridi, Pyrrhon, Hades, Magnus, Pandorra, etc.

Fire Emblem also has many unique interesting characters, but in the end, because every game has its own set of characters and its own main character, the blue haired Lords have priority over all the interesting characters. So what characters have the highest chance? Marth, Ike, Chrom, to a lesser extent Roy, Ephraim, Eirika, Lyn. Just sword wielding lords are not interesting and that might be the biggest hurdle.Characters like Lute, Shiida, Soten, Minerva, Innes, L'Arachel, Myrrh, Garcia, Micaiah, Sothe, Lyon and so on are far more interesting and creative but they will not be playable (except a miracle is happening) before all lord characters. Even Sakurai will see that 'Lords only' is boring and it will have at most 3 characters.
#26Grammar_manPosted 3/14/2013 4:55:24 PM
Soanevalcke6 posted...
The Franchise hasnt even Broken the 5 million mark, only Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Metroid, and Starfox have.

If you consider Wario to rep his own series like DK, Warioware should have a lot more characters than Starfox.
#27Cyclone314Posted 3/14/2013 7:38:29 PM
2 reps for Fire Emblem
2 reps for Tales series
then let's have a war
---
I don't suffer from insanity
I enjoy it
#28SpunkySixPosted 3/14/2013 7:54:20 PM
fuzi11 posted...
You cannot compare Metroid with Star Fox or for example Kid Icarus

Star Fox and Kid Icarus are character driven games. In every corner in every level you have characters with fun, developed character

whereas in Metroid you have Samus, Ridley maybe Dark Samus even more maybe SA:X and reaching out very far: Adam. Metroid just doesn't have the amount of interesting characters to choose from. Star Fox has many unique fun characters that just adds variety to the game, as would Kid Icarus with characters like Palutena, Medusa, Viridi, Pyrrhon, Hades, Magnus, Pandorra, etc.

Fire Emblem also has many unique interesting characters, but in the end, because every game has its own set of characters and its own main character, the blue haired Lords have priority over all the interesting characters. So what characters have the highest chance? Marth, Ike, Chrom, to a lesser extent Roy, Ephraim, Eirika, Lyn. Just sword wielding lords are not interesting and that might be the biggest hurdle.Characters like Lute, Shiida, Soten, Minerva, Innes, L'Arachel, Myrrh, Garcia, Micaiah, Sothe, Lyon and so on are far more interesting and creative but they will not be playable (except a miracle is happening) before all lord characters. Even Sakurai will see that 'Lords only' is boring and it will have at most 3 characters.

SA-X, Ridley, Adam and Dark Samus are all major characters in their respective games that could easily be given movesets. Interesting is subjective. Star Fox is fairly unimportant. KI probably has earned more reps. Sakurai doesn't see anything about the Lords except advertisement as far as we know.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
I'd like to be a tree.
#29Doug314Posted 3/14/2013 8:44:52 PM
3-4 reps is well-deserved since it has so many characters left that'd be so good in this game. We are way overrating how much which series a character is from matters. If there are characters out there that'd be really fun and unique, they're still better choices than some piece of junk from another series just for being part of a better series.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB4
"I'm willing to bet money that Waluigi, Chrom and K. Rool are in this game" -DynasticAnthony
#30VirusLordPosted 3/14/2013 11:48:42 PM
As I see it, the Fire Emblem characters with the highest chance for unique playability and the best chances of getting in are: Lyn (first FE Lord presented to the western world, repped her game in Awakening and got in as an AT in Brawl, unique swordplay relative to Marth/Roy/Ike/Chrom), Micaiah (mage Lord from a Wii game), Anna (series mascot, relatively unique reverse-grip style, secret shopkeeper moveset potential), and Tiki (showed up in 5 out of 13 games, putting her ahead of all other non-Anna characters, and uses dragon transformation rather than swords). Ephraim and Hector have potential for not being sword-users, but are less likely to get in. Still, I think that many people overstate things when they say that the only possible FE characters are Marth/Roy/Ike/Chrom.
---
Ruler of the Unknown Universe
"Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality." - Emil, ToS:DotNW