This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does people think that 3-4 reps is too much for Fire Emblem?

#71LegendofLegaiaPosted 3/16/2013 10:35:41 AM
Ari917 said pretty much everything that needed to be said.
---
"It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it." - Kreia
#72Kratos_Aurion75Posted 3/16/2013 10:40:14 AM
Props for mentioning Julia
---
http://puu.sh/2gpqf
Wasting meter since '08
#73fuzi11Posted 3/16/2013 2:21:49 PM
SpunkySix posted...
-If you pick Ephraim's path over Eireka's half way through the game, then Seth follows Ephraim and because of the story structure, he ends up with more lines and appearances than either Lord. If you pick Eireka, then he only gets more than Ephraim and is about equal to Eireka.

-The only reason you Game Over if Eireka or Ephraim die, (instead of just letting them be injured) is because the game arbitrarily decides that their lives are more important than the support units because they are royalty. Without that, getting a Game Over would be next to impossible and you could get stuck in an unwinnable position early on. It's a necessary gameplay mechanic and nothing more. There have been plenty of tines I could have beaten, say, the final boss had it allowed me to continue after Eireka or Ephrain died.

-Lord is an empty title because despite being the designated main characters of the game, as I have shown, there are other playable characters who are just as, (or regardless of who you pick in Ephraim's case, more) prominent, so the title Lord doesn't really mean much.

What's going on here? Since when is Seth important? He is your typical overpowered support unit helping you out in the beginning of the game. That's all. L'Arachell, Innes and Lyon are far more important for the overall story than Seth, as they are the royalties of each respective kingdom. And we all know that Lute is the secret highlight of that game anyway ;)
#74RECON64bitPosted 3/16/2013 3:35:54 PM
too much anime already
#75Dlite83Posted 3/16/2013 3:50:52 PM
Well ever since I first played Fire Emblem I was very into the artwork and characters...why not add Hector or Erika to Smash Bros.? Of course still keep Ike Marth and Chrom.
#76SpunkySixPosted 3/16/2013 4:04:00 PM
fuzi11 posted...
SpunkySix posted...
-If you pick Ephraim's path over Eireka's half way through the game, then Seth follows Ephraim and because of the story structure, he ends up with more lines and appearances than either Lord. If you pick Eireka, then he only gets more than Ephraim and is about equal to Eireka.

-The only reason you Game Over if Eireka or Ephraim die, (instead of just letting them be injured) is because the game arbitrarily decides that their lives are more important than the support units because they are royalty. Without that, getting a Game Over would be next to impossible and you could get stuck in an unwinnable position early on. It's a necessary gameplay mechanic and nothing more. There have been plenty of tines I could have beaten, say, the final boss had it allowed me to continue after Eireka or Ephrain died.

-Lord is an empty title because despite being the designated main characters of the game, as I have shown, there are other playable characters who are just as, (or regardless of who you pick in Ephraim's case, more) prominent, so the title Lord doesn't really mean much.

What's going on here? Since when is Seth important? He is your typical overpowered support unit helping you out in the beginning of the game. That's all. L'Arachell, Innes and Lyon are far more important for the overall story than Seth, as they are the royalties of each respective kingdom. And we all know that Lute is the secret highlight of that game anyway ;)

Seth is your strongest fighter for most of the game and he's around for more fights than any other character. I already suggested Lyon but apparently we'd NEED Eireka or Ephraim in before he got in. Innes and L'Arachel would both be great additions, but they run in to the same "not main character" problem that Lyon and Seth do.

But yes, Lute is the best person ever.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
I'd like to be a tree.
#77SmallerRidleyPosted 3/16/2013 4:48:04 PM
Still pulling for Nephenee.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. In NGE, Doritos are perishable goods
#78VirusLordPosted 3/16/2013 9:40:30 PM
LegendofLegaia posted...
Put it into this perspective. Would it make any sense what-so-ever to include Ganondorf in Smash Bros. before Link or Bowser before Mario?

I don't think this is quite an accurate comparison, for a few reasons. The first being, Link and Mario are THE sole protagonists of their respective series, while FE doesn't have a sole protagonist. It would feel strange to have a villain in Smash before a hero, but, for instance, we could have Vaati without needing to have a Four-Sword-themed Link, the villain need not correspond to the hero.

Now, there are some villains that are irrevocably tied to their rivals; for instance, there could be no Gannondorf without Link. Likewise, I believe that Lyon couldn't be properly included without at least one of the twins from SS, since a huge part of his character lies in his connection to the protagonists. However, Nergal and Ashera, for example, have basically no connection to Elliwood and Ike respectively, save that the aforementioned heroes stepped up to save the day, and the character of these villains would change in no meaningful way if the heroes were replaced. Personally, I feel that most of the FE villains simply aren't as good of a character choice for Fire Emblem compared to other choices, but there are certainly a number of FE villains that wouldn't need to have their respective heroes included.
---
Ruler of the Unknown Universe
"Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality." - Emil, ToS:DotNW