Namco bandai. Just Why?

#11Kratos_Aurion75Posted 3/14/2013 10:12:25 AM(edited)
To be fair, the "revenge final smashes" were typically also called "pity" final smashes because of how far down you had to be to get one. They were negligible and couldn't really do anything to solve the massive difference between you and the lead that was necessary to actually get one.

And even baroque was pretty damn silly. The amount it would prorate combos could get rather ridiculous and being able to get a cancel off of any amount of red health made it spammable as all hell otherwise. Really, comeback mechanics tied to how much you're getting your ass handed to you are a dumb concept to begin with. Granted you could use meter on bursts to give you more red health for it, but even that is silly when characters like Zero can combo out of a burst in the corner and get most of the meter back anyways. On that note, you really shouldn't be able to combo out of defensive bursts period, but I'm getting sidetracked.

tl;dr: Comeback mechanics tied to getting your ass handed to you are stupid.
---
http://puu.sh/2gpqf
Wasting meter since '08
#12IlIlIlIlIlIlIlPosted 3/14/2013 10:26:16 AM
Agreed with both points I guess.

And I forgot how bad the conditions had to be for Pity Final Smashes to actually activate.

Now I'm also remembering SF4's meter building-for-losing was also pretty dumb in concept. I can't remember if SF x Tekken had anything of the sort though, as I never looked into it.
---
|N|M|E|
#13Soanevalcke6Posted 3/14/2013 11:08:55 AM
The last Fighting game the director they hired mad was Tekken Tag Tournement back in 2000. The othe games he made were: Tales of the Abyss, Tales of Symphonia, and Tales of Vesperia.

So yeah, Lloyd is the most likely if Namco gets a rep at all.
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact
SSB4 Roster: http://i.imgur.com/5QkQDKS.png PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6
#14marchefelixPosted 3/14/2013 11:22:18 AM
I love that Namco is helping with the development of the game. That means if Sonic stays and we get Pac-Man, we can finally have the ultimate showdown of video game icons! (Screw Lloyd. Seriously.)

Plus, I liked Mario Kart Arcade GP. I think Namco will do a great job with this game.
---
"Haters" is an ignorant term. Don't use it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPcRgLlom3g
#15thebrawler56(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 11:26:16 AM
marchefelix posted...
I love that Namco is helping with the development of the game. That means if Sonic stays and we get Pac-Man, we can finally have the ultimate showdown of video game icons! (Screw Lloyd. Seriously.)

Plus, I liked Mario Kart Arcade GP. I think Namco will do a great job with this game.

Now how easy would it be to make a moveset for pac-man? It would be much easier for Lloyd. Definitely.
---
"Somewhere, there is a grassy patch waiting for you."
-Prof.Birch(Pokemon Emerald)
#16marchefelixPosted 3/14/2013 11:28:55 AM(edited)
thebrawler56 posted...
marchefelix posted...

Now how easy would it be to make a moveset for pac-man? It would be much easier for Lloyd. Definitely.

If you have played the Pac-Man World games, then you'd know that it would be very easy to make a movelist for him.

Although Lloyd is viable too. He is already in Super Smash Flash 2 (great game BTW).
---
#17LLL_DeadlyPosted 3/14/2013 11:29:01 AM
Mario vs Sonic vs Pacman would be incredible. The three biggest video game icons in one arena.

I still want Lloyd, though.
#18thebrawler56(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 11:30:42 AM
marchefelix posted...
thebrawler56 posted...
marchefelix posted...

If you have played the Pac-Man World games, then you'd know that it would be very easy to make a movelist for him.

I have and the only viable options are "bounce" and "dash". Seriously. Lloyd has tons of techniques to choose from. Beast, Demon Fang, Tiger Blade, Sword Rain... I could go on and on.
---
"Somewhere, there is a grassy patch waiting for you."
-Prof.Birch(Pokemon Emerald)
#19marchefelixPosted 3/14/2013 11:32:30 AM
thebrawler56 posted...
I have and the only viable options are "bounce" and "dash".

Hahahahaha... no

Seriously. Lloyd has tons of techniques to choose from. Beast, Demon Fang, Tiger Blade, Sword Rain... I could go on and on.

I know. Read my edited post.
---
#20asiacatdogbluePosted 3/14/2013 11:32:51 AM
Namco does have a good history with Nintendo.