Namco bandai. Just Why?

#61ShmeyPosted 3/14/2013 7:22:57 PM
I could see Pac-Man being in a Smash Bros. game. I imagine he'd be a cross between Kirby and Mr. Game and Watch with a small amount of Sonic or Jigglypuff thrown in. (Body-checks and such.)

There are the ideas that other fella had who keeps talking about that Pac Man Adventures whats-it game. All I know about that game is Pac-Man laughs at other people's misfortune only to have a can of paint fall on his head.

If Colette made it into the next Smash Bros. game, she would definitely have at least one terribly spammy attack. It would be called, "Sorry!" Or, perhaps, "Hi, I'm sorry!"

Ahhh... I could go on, but there's no need.
#62judgementaeonPosted 3/14/2013 7:26:32 PM
SpunkySix posted...
^ Go look up some info on the Pacman World series. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Back so soon? Suddenly you don't see moveset being an issue anymore? Good.

That was rather rude.
Anyways, it could work, but I still don't really think he'd be too fun to play as.
---
PSASBR mains: Jak, Cole, Sackboy, Radec #1 main: Emmett
SSBB mains: Ice Climbers, Zelda, Luigi
#63marchefelixPosted 3/14/2013 7:33:33 PM
judgementaeon posted...
SpunkySix posted...

That was rather rude.
Anyways, it could work, but I still don't really think he'd be too fun to play as.

How would it not be fun to play as a yellow ball thing who munches on his opponent while doing a "waka waka" noise?
---
"Haters" is an ignorant term. Don't use it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPcRgLlom3g
#64LegendofLegaiaPosted 3/14/2013 7:34:46 PM
judgementaeon posted...
SpunkySix posted...

That was rather rude.

How can you make that judgement when we don't even know what his moveset would be like?
---
"It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it." - Kreia
#65judgementaeonPosted 3/14/2013 7:36:48 PM
LegendofLegaia posted...
judgementaeon posted...
SpunkySix posted...

That was rather rude.

How can you make that judgement when we don't even know what his moveset would be like?

What I'm trying to say is that the Pac-Man Legends version is.....sorta weird, but that's only my opinion XD
---
PSASBR mains: Jak, Cole, Sackboy, Radec #1 main: Emmett
SSBB mains: Ice Climbers, Zelda, Luigi
#66marchefelixPosted 3/14/2013 7:46:28 PM
Just saw this and felt the need to respond:

ViewtifulGene posted...
They were hired for their experience with making fighting games. There's no proof that Namco was hired for their characters.

Why exactly Namco was chosen over Capcom, SNK, Aksys, etc, is unknown.

Capcom: Disk-locked DLC? No thanks.

Aksys: Imagine the backlash if Smash were made into an anime-style fighting game.

SNK: While I love them to death (KOF is my favorite FG series), they simply do not have the resources to be helping out. They can barely manage their own company.

And besides, I doubt they hired Namco to make Smash more like an actual fighting game.
---
"Haters" is an ignorant term. Don't use it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPcRgLlom3g
#67GoldenJoe24Posted 3/14/2013 7:52:22 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall reading somewhere that's the Namco-bandai staff worked on previous Smash games in some capacity.
#68usaamahlinkPosted 3/14/2013 8:45:08 PM
GoldenJoe24 posted...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall reading somewhere that's the Namco-bandai staff worked on previous Smash games in some capacity.

Im about to call you out as a blasphemer.
Truth is though, I cant conclusively say no. Im not sure, but Ive never heard that before.. so my instinct would be that no they havent. Its not entirely out of the realm of possibility though.
---
Currently playing: Chrono Trigger, The Last Story, Vandal Hearts, Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis, F-Zero GX.
#69GenoPosted 3/14/2013 9:10:55 PM
usaamahlink posted...
GoldenJoe24 posted...

Im about to call you out as a blasphemer.
Truth is though, I cant conclusively say no. Im not sure, but Ive never heard that before.. so my instinct would be that no they havent. Its not entirely out of the realm of possibility though.

Only way to find out is to look at the credits.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#70ViewtifulGenePosted 3/14/2013 9:27:30 PM
marchefelix posted...
Just saw this and felt the need to respond:

ViewtifulGene posted...
They were hired for their experience with making fighting games. There's no proof that Namco was hired for their characters.

Why exactly Namco was chosen over Capcom, SNK, Aksys, etc, is unknown.

Capcom: Disk-locked DLC? No thanks.

Aksys: Imagine the backlash if Smash were made into an anime-style fighting game.

SNK: While I love them to death (KOF is my favorite FG series), they simply do not have the resources to be helping out. They can barely manage their own company.

And besides, I doubt they hired Namco to make Smash more like an actual fighting game.

I never said they hired Smash to make it more like a fighting game. I said they hired them for their experience in working with fighting games. Said experience could transfer to Smash even if the intent is not to make it more like a traditional fighter.

Your reasons for not choosing the other companies are all unconfirmed guesses. If Nintendo is in charge of developing the game and another company is the contractor, they can just as easily pay said contractor to not add on-disk DLC or make the game an "anime" fighter. And you say SNK would not have the resources to help out, but that's part of the reason why contractors get ****ing paid to do ****ing work.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong