This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Namco bandai. Just Why?

#71SmallerRidleyPosted 3/14/2013 8:31:22 PM
Bamco (specifically the Tales and Tekken guys) have worked on somewhat similar games. I doubt Ninty would ever work with Capcom like this, and the others are too traditional. Why would they be any good at making a non-traditional fighter?
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. In NGE, Doritos are perishable goods
#72marchefelixPosted 3/15/2013 10:21:38 AM
ViewtifulGene posted...
And you say SNK would not have the resources to help out, but that's part of the reason why contractors get ****ing paid to do ****ing work.

You know... that may just be the thing to get them back on track.

But it'll be entirely up to them to stop making crappy pachinko and mobile games instead of giving us another KOF/SamSho/Metal Slug.
---
"Haters" is an ignorant term. Don't use it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPcRgLlom3g
#73EvilChaosXPosted 3/15/2013 11:27:34 AM
I can see five possible reasons. IN LIST FORM!

1. They have experience with fighters
2. Assloads of crazy third party characters
3. YOSHIMITSU
4. Larger dev team = Earlier release date
5. YOSHIMITSU
---
I approve this message.
#74Gamer09ePosted 3/16/2013 10:51:59 AM
judgementaeon posted...
SpunkySix posted...
^ Go look up some info on the Pacman World series. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Back so soon? Suddenly you don't see moveset being an issue anymore? Good.

That was rather rude.
Anyways, it could work, but I still don't really think he'd be too fun to play as.

here's a better look at what pacman can do..

http://pacman.wikia.com/wiki/Pac-Man_(character)
---
Elektra for UMvC 3 and Pac man for SSBWIIU
#75ViewtifulGenePosted 3/16/2013 11:11:28 AM(edited)
SmallerRidley posted...
Bamco (specifically the Tales and Tekken guys) have worked on somewhat similar games. I doubt Ninty would ever work with Capcom like this, and the others are too traditional. Why would they be any good at making a non-traditional fighter?

The balancing concerns are the same whether it's a traditional or non-traditional fighter. It's still an issue of risk (startup, cooldown, area of vulnerability) vs reward (damage, stun, pressure). It's still a matter of surgically adding or subtracting frames or pixels at some part of a move. It's not like SNK or Aksys would've been lost.

Nintendo and Capcom worked together on Zelda games. It wouldn't be that much of a stretch for the two companies to work together for another installment in a different flagship series.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#76SmallerRidleyPosted 3/16/2013 11:51:51 AM(edited)
The balancing concerns are the same whether it's a traditional or non-traditional fighter. It's still an issue of risk (startup, cooldown, area of vulnerability) vs reward (damage, stun, pressure). It's still a matter of surgically adding or subtracting frames or pixels at some part of a move. It's not like SNK or Aksys would've been lost.

Yes, but they don't have the same feel for what works in games with a lot more freedom of movement. Bamco is just more experienced in this situation. They could spend a tremendous amount of time working on it to get to the same place, but Bamco's people have a leg up in the balancing stages.

Nintendo and Capcom worked together on Zelda games. It wouldn't be that much of a stretch for the two companies to work together for another installment in a different flagship series.

Good for them, but an offshoot GBA game isn't the same as a once-per-generation system seller. And again, where do they become a better choice than Bamco?
---
#77ViewtifulGenePosted 3/16/2013 11:53:58 AM
SmallerRidley posted...

Yes, but they don't have the same feel for what works in games with a lot more freedom of movement. Bamco is just more experienced in this situation. They could spend a tremendous amount of time working on it to get to the same place, but Bamco's people have a leg up in the balancing stages.

Good for them. Again, where do they become a better choice than Bamco?

I never said any of them were better choices. I said we do not know exactly why the other options were not chosen.

You say neither of them have experience in games with freedom of movement but SNK and Aksys both include a lot of maneuverability in their games with airdashes and whatnot. Again, it's not like they're strangers in a strange land.

You say Namco is more experienced but it is not proven that that is exactly why they were chosen over the others.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
#78SmallerRidleyPosted 3/16/2013 11:59:01 AM
You say Namco is more experienced but it is not proven that that is exactly why they were chosen over the others.

It doesn't matter. They were chosen, they have these benefits, and no other group has superior benefits. Nobody gives any sort of **** what was said in a conference room a year ago.

You say neither of them have experience in games with freedom of movement but SNK and Aksys both include a lot of maneuverability in their games with airdashes and whatnot. Again, it's not like they're strangers in a strange land.

But they don't have the same freedom of movement. I'm not arguing with you on this, because you will not ever stop.
---
#79ViewtifulGenePosted 3/16/2013 12:03:09 PM(edited)
SmallerRidley posted...

It doesn't matter. They were chosen, they have these benefits, and no other group has superior benefits. Nobody gives any sort of **** what was said in a conference room a year ago.

But they don't have the same freedom of movement. I'm not arguing with you on this, because you will not ever stop.

My initial point stands. There is no confirmed explanation for why Namco was chosen. I didn't say "why Namco could've been chosen is unknown." I said "why exactly Namco was chosen is unknown." If it is not confirmed it is not known exactly.
---
#80SmallerRidleyPosted 3/16/2013 12:13:33 PM
And I gave you reasons they could have been chosen. Now ****ing stop.
---