This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

After thinking about it a bit, I think Smash 4 should remove wall teching

#31EarthLord_CJPosted 3/26/2013 9:13:05 PM(edited)
KSUkid55 posted...
It's okay if they keep it but it seems like another think like L-cancelling that you might as well almost always do, so it'd be cool if there were a way to make it just automatically do it for you. I know, you're all going to hate the idea, but I don't really see the point in making people bother having to do this sort of thing.

There's a bit of difference between making offense faster with precise presses and a defensive technique that's only usable when you can't do anything else.

There's also a bit of difference between a 10 frame window and a 30 frame window.

Not to mention that there's a legitimate penalty for not attempting to tech at the appropriate time (ie. not being able to tech until the 'frame-penalty' has run its course).
I can understand why some think that L-cancelling is a bit of an unnecessary hurdle in the grand scheme of things (since it's something of a given already in high-level play). Teching, however, is indeed out of the question.

harvestmoonmike posted...
But... surviving is more fun!

Also this, lol.
I've actually had a number of tense moments in Smash where, had I not been able to tech appropriately, I would have been finished. It's a skill that, admittedly, takes time to execute effectively and consistently, but that's the same with all proper techniques in competitive games (fighters or otherwise).
---
http://i.imgur.com/qgqVy.jpg
"Don't wanna know...where the sinners go..."
#32Kratos_Aurion75(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 1:12:57 AM(edited)
Perhaps the way to go would be to have some walls techable and some not. That could both prevent some walls from being stupid while keeping reasonable wall teching as a part of the game. That and open up wallbounce combo opportunities.
---
http://puu.sh/2gpqf
Wasting meter since '08