This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

After thinking about it a bit, I think Smash 4 should remove wall teching

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. After thinking about it a bit, I think Smash 4 should remove wall teching
2 years ago#31
KSUkid55 posted...
It's okay if they keep it but it seems like another think like L-cancelling that you might as well almost always do, so it'd be cool if there were a way to make it just automatically do it for you. I know, you're all going to hate the idea, but I don't really see the point in making people bother having to do this sort of thing.

There's a bit of difference between making offense faster with precise presses and a defensive technique that's only usable when you can't do anything else.

There's also a bit of difference between a 10 frame window and a 30 frame window.

Not to mention that there's a legitimate penalty for not attempting to tech at the appropriate time (ie. not being able to tech until the 'frame-penalty' has run its course).
I can understand why some think that L-cancelling is a bit of an unnecessary hurdle in the grand scheme of things (since it's something of a given already in high-level play). Teching, however, is indeed out of the question.

harvestmoonmike posted...
But... surviving is more fun!

Also this, lol.
I've actually had a number of tense moments in Smash where, had I not been able to tech appropriately, I would have been finished. It's a skill that, admittedly, takes time to execute effectively and consistently, but that's the same with all proper techniques in competitive games (fighters or otherwise).
---
http://i.imgur.com/qgqVy.jpg
"Don't wanna know...where the sinners go..."
(edited by EarthLord_CJ)
2 years ago#32
Perhaps the way to go would be to have some walls techable and some not. That could both prevent some walls from being stupid while keeping reasonable wall teching as a part of the game. That and open up wallbounce combo opportunities.
---
http://puu.sh/2gpqf
Wasting meter since '08
(edited by Kratos_Aurion75)
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. After thinking about it a bit, I think Smash 4 should remove wall teching

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived