Does it really matter which characters are in it?

#1bonykingnowherePosted 3/18/2013 4:59:08 AM
I would rather they reinvent/perfect the physics and balancing with a smaller set of characters, than try to please everybody with loads of franchise reps.
#2DaisyfanboyPosted 3/18/2013 6:31:39 AM
Characters always matter in crossovers.
---
So I'm still waiting for Daisy to reappear in something that's not a spinoff.
I'll probably end up dying first or something but optimism is fun.
#3DusterxLucasFTWPosted 3/18/2013 7:15:09 AM
If Lucas and Marth don't return for this game I won't be getting it.... So yes. Characters are really all that matters.
---
Hes black. Black people are like Lizards. They can grow back there lost pride. -FinalCountDownn
#4Soanevalcke6Posted 3/18/2013 7:32:45 AM
In a game about mashing up Nintendo Characters, Yes, Characters matter.
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact
SSB4 Roster: http://i.imgur.com/5QkQDKS.png PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6
#5SmallerRidleyPosted 3/18/2013 7:35:45 AM
Depends on who you're talking to.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. In NGE, Doritos are perishable goods
#6IlIlIlIlIlIlIlPosted 3/18/2013 7:44:29 AM
Probably. I mean the mechanics can only be changed so much without being alienating or "controversial". New characters are easier to implement while they can keep the core play style.
---
|N|M|E|
#7UberPyro64Posted 3/18/2013 8:08:14 AM
DusterxLucasFTW posted...
If Lucas and Marth don't return for this game I won't be getting it.... So yes. Characters are really all that matters.

Major BS right here folks.
---
My SSB4 Roster: http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/6329/ssb4february2013rosterr.png
#8HolyXPosted 3/18/2013 9:46:30 AM
I think so..Main reason for me not getting Playstation all stars, was because of the characters..Nobody I really liked. And as a RPGamer, there were no RPG characters.
---
Theses are the chronicles of life and death
#9Electric_SonicPosted 3/18/2013 10:42:29 AM
characters are important in the sense that the star power of the roster is a huge selling point of smash

like even with the gameplay style being as different from the majority of fighters as it is the series would obviously not being nearly as successful as it is without nintendo characters

(also in any fighting game you want a large enough roster to offer a good variety of playstyles but that's dealing more with roster size than individual characters)

at this point both of those conditions are pretty much satisfied so it's not really important to add additional characters if that's the question

people on this board greatly overstate the importance of characters because they either a) really want some stupid minor character that like 3 people care about or b) incorrectly believe that the only way to make the game feel fresh and interesting is "more new characters!!!!!!!"
---
Nintendo Network ID: Sawnik | Steam ID: Conis
3DS FC: 2363-6130-2269
#10ReploidAXZPosted 3/18/2013 11:36:39 AM
I've been waiting for Megaman for a long time, charecters matter, but are not the be all and end all.
---
R.I.P RARE.