Most Realistic Roster on GameFaqs Round 1!

#31Limelight788Posted 3/20/2013 4:46:31 PM
DasDavid posted...
I'm interested in why you think he's almost guaranteed. I admit there's things working for him, but in reality no one is anywhere near guaranteed.

Other than in the off-chance that Sakurai chooses not to include any returning veterans, I can't think of a reason why Mewtwo wouldn't return.

Mewtwo was planned to be in all three Smash games. This to me indicates that Sakurai wants to make Mewtwo a sort of a staple to the franchise but couldn't due to constraints. What I'm thinking is that Sakurai definitely likes Mewtwo in Smash and wants him to return, so I feel as Sakurai will push for Mewtwo's return.

Then there's Mewtwo's immense popularity to take into account. Mewtwo in the April, 2011 IGN poll was #2 of all Pokémons and this was taking into characters such as Deoxys, Zoroark, and Lucario, all popular characters at the time. Given that the poll had ten million votes, I'd say that the results are pretty valid to this date.

And this popularity also transfers to Smash. Mewtwo is without a doubt the most wanted Pokémon newcomer. But what's impressive is how highly wanted he is. Mewtwo consistently score among the Top 5 most wanted characters in the poll (usually in the Top 3). At times, he even tops the poll. In Japan, observations from Snakey (a board user on GameFAQs and Smashboards under the name of ChronoBound) indicates that Mewtwo is always one of the two most wanted characters for Smash 4 (the only one possibly more wanted than Mewtwo there is Roy).

Mewtwo is also being heavily promoted by the Pokémon Company recently, especially when taking into account the upcoming movie, so it's highly likely that the Pokémon Company would also want Mewtwo back.

All in all, I see Mewtwo as one of the most likely candidates for SSB4.
---
Toad, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, Geno, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Ridley, Mewtwo, Deoxys, Pichu, Genesect, Roy, Palutena, Mach Rider, Ray, and Mega Man for SSB4!
#32liveman789Posted 3/20/2013 5:15:24 PM
Limelight788 posted...
DasDavid posted...
I'm interested in why you think he's almost guaranteed. I admit there's things working for him, but in reality no one is anywhere near guaranteed.

Other than in the off-chance that Sakurai chooses not to include any returning veterans, I can't think of a reason why Mewtwo wouldn't return.

That's a pretty damn good reason not to assume he's a guarantee. We've never had a veteran be cut and return in Smash Bros before.
---
My latest Smash Bros 4 roster: http://oi46.tinypic.com/2rz99xx.jpg
#33Soanevalcke6Posted 3/20/2013 5:18:19 PM
liveman789 posted...
Limelight788 posted...
DasDavid posted...

That's a pretty damn good reason not to assume he's a guarantee. We've never had a veteran be cut and return in Smash Bros before.

That's because Brawl was the first time characters were cut...
---
Official Dark Samus of the SSB4 board
SSB4 Roster: http://i.imgur.com/6Bta9nE.png PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6
#34Limelight788Posted 3/20/2013 6:33:41 PM
liveman789 posted...

Sure Mewtwo could end up missing in action again and I'd be lying if I said anyone was a total lock. But looking at Mewtwo's circumstance, odds are in Mewtwo's favor to return for Smash 4. Being cut due to time constraints in Brawl is a minor blemish at worst.
---
Toad, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, Geno, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Ridley, Mewtwo, Deoxys, Pichu, Genesect, Roy, Palutena, Mach Rider, Ray, and Mega Man for SSB4!
#35DasDavidPosted 3/20/2013 6:35:43 PM
Limelight788 posted...
liveman789 posted...

Sure Mewtwo could end up missing in action again and I'd be lying if I said anyone was a total lock. But looking at Mewtwo's circumstance, odds are in Mewtwo's favor to return for Smash 4. Being cut due to time constraints in Brawl is a minor blemish at worst.

I see the points. I'm not a convert, but I do see why confidence would be high.
---
-->MY<-- Latest SSB4 Roster.
http://tinypic.com/r/vqkvf5/6