Help me make the "ultimate" roster"

#1thebrawler56Posted 3/19/2013 8:27:24 PM
I want your opinion on new characters, characters that should be cut, or ones that should return. I doubt the roster will be more than 50 characters. I'll post the results later.
---
"Somewhere, there is a grassy patch waiting for you."
-Prof.Birch(Pokemon Emerald)
#2SmashBro25Posted 3/19/2013 9:04:11 PM
In my opinion, there is no pressing reason to cut any character from the Brawl roster. Toon Link may be acceptable, but he presents a frequently and recently appearing version of the character.

In terms of newcomers, you need to consider how many are additional reps of existing series, retro characters, or characters representing new series.

Ask yourself, does a particular series seem well represented in 2013/14? For example, you might think that the three Kirby characters are fine as is and no need for a Kirby newcomer. Metroid and Donkey Kong, I think, could benefit from the addition of their signature villains, Ridley and King K. Rool. Pokemon, with its ever expanding pool of characters, could see a sixth gen rep added, if one is deemed fitting.

For Retro characters, who would make a good case for being an interesting and worthy character to revive? Characters like Takamaru and Balloon Fighter come to mind.

For new series, what series have become popular in recent times and seem to have potential to stick around? Xenoblade (Shulk) and Rolling Western (Dillon) could be good choices. Characters like Isaac from Golden Sun and Ray from Custom Robo could also be good additions, but their series have not seen a game for some time.
---
Check out Pokemon - The Abridged Series at:
http://www.youtube.com/RocketsUnderground
#3dehsooPosted 3/19/2013 9:32:20 PM
Cloud and Sora
#4thebrawler56(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 9:34:38 PM
dehsoo posted...
Cloud and Sora

Realistic choices please. I actually want a chance for me to be right.
---
#5dehsooPosted 3/19/2013 10:25:14 PM
thebrawler56 posted...
dehsoo posted...
Cloud and Sora

They will be in the game.
#6thebrawler56(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 10:31:44 PM
dehsoo posted...
thebrawler56 posted...
dehsoo posted...
Cloud and Sora

They will be in the game.

Just trust me. It's about as realistic as someone other than Captain Falcon using Falcon Punch. We can pretend, but it's not going to happen
---
#7bestssbbfanPosted 3/19/2013 11:57:32 PM(edited)
Do note these are just opinions and may (and like all others probably should) be taken with a grain of salt.

DK, Metriod, and Fire Emblem, deserve a new rep the most out of existing series in smash.

Kid Icarus is a high contender as well with the massive success of uprising, but not as high as the others, with pokemon below KI a bit.

Add 2 "Retro" characters from older and (almost) forgotten series.

The is massive controversy on the legitimacy of melee-brawl dropouts mewtwo and roy returning. Whichever side you take on either of these, quite a few people are going to poke at you on the (in/ex)clusion of these two, the former in particular.

And Finally, Pay careful attention to the stance on 3rd parties with Nintendo on determining who could get a newcomer. Namco Bandai, for example, is working with project Sora on this game meaning a namco 3rd party rep is more likely that other companies.

EDIT: Ignoring deshoo is a good place to start on my final point. If SE is getting a rep, its gonna be a dragon quest one, just look at how a new DQ's release date is like a Japanese holiday. Also its a series falling largely on nintendo consoles unlike ERMAHGADCLAWEDNSURA
---
Created 6/12/2011
This sig will not change until mewtwo is confirmed in Super Smash Bros 4!