This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Most Realistic Roster on GameFaqs Round 3!

#11Limelight788Posted 3/20/2013 10:00:47 PM(edited)
Roster 5:
+ Ridley: Ridley is in, unless Sakurai runs into complication with fitting him in (but I think Ridley will pull through regardless of the issue).

+ Mewtwo: Most likely addition to be made to the game.

+ Palutena: Best choice for a Kid Icarus rep. Given that the game was named after her in Japan and she is the 2nd most important Kid Icarus character, she's a highly likely addition.

+ Takamaru: Best choice for a retro rep and by the most likely retro character (Mach Rider has a decent chance, but he's probably going to be the 2nd retro if we even get that many).

+ Little Mac, Isaac and Shulk: Most likely misc. reps and all have good chances of getting in.

+ Mega Man: Most likely third-party.

+ Good roster size: 48-56 sounds like the right range for the character count for this game (transformation included, not counting off-chance DLC possibility).

- No DK newcomer. King K. Rool is among the Top 5 most likely characters to get in and Dixie also has good odds.

- Sheik being cut for Impa. Sheik is highly popular among the Smash community and has been in Melee and Brawl. Lack of recentness didn't stop her then and with a 3-D remake, it won't stop her now. Impa has a much smaller fan base and replacing Sheik with Impa would result in a larger backlash than the removal of Mewtwo.

- Lacks Pokémon Trainer. I don't see why he'd be cut given how iconic he is. Sakurai isn't going to cut him just because he takes up three characters. A 6th gen Pokémon is also unlikely at this point, but that could change.

- We are not getting five third-parties. Sakurai has commented on the extremely strenuous process to getting third-parties and even said he's narrowing down focus on them. Heck, four third-parties are looking very unlikely. We may get Sonic, Snake and one of Mega Man, Layton (possible, but doubtful) or Pac-Man (even more unlikely), but all five together? Just isn't happening.

Roster 6:
+ King K. Rool
+ Ridley
+ Little Mac
+ Zelda roster done right. Most likely situation and probably ideal for now (we might be able to squeeze in Ghirahim, but he's not too likely)
+ Palutena
+ Takamaru
+ Shulk
+ Good roster size
+ No cuts (I think)

- Genesect: Would be awesome, but I don't see a Gen 5 rep as likely and even if we do get one, he has competition with Zoroark.

- No Mewtwo

- Lip: Not getting in under her circumstance. She's deliberately Japan-only and Sakurai wants to pulls away from them. Too bad as she would be nice to have.

- Dillon: I don't see what makes him so likely. He's obscure in comparison to other possible additions and not many people are asking for him anyway. Maybe if his franchise becomes bigger by SSB5 he'll be likely, but I'm thinking Sakurai will pass on him.

- Pac-Man: Not nearly as likely of an addition as people think. I'd say he's the character with the most overrated chance of getting into Smash 4.

Hard one to be honest, but roster 6 seems more likely.
---
Toad, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, Geno, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Ridley, Mewtwo, Deoxys, Pichu, Genesect, Roy, Palutena, Mach Rider, Ray, and Mega Man for SSB4!
#12DasDavidPosted 3/20/2013 10:46:03 PM
Woah at the analysis o.o Well done though, pretty much sums up my reasons for going with that roster, except for some points of disagreement.

Also, on a side-note, though he's on my own roster in this thing, Dillon is starting to seem like a choice I made out of desire more than legitimate expectation, but I'm just not enough of a fan of most "other" franchises (Sin and Punishment, Golden Sun, etc) to know about their popularity or how much they fit enough to include them in my roster.
---
-->MY<-- Latest SSB4 Roster.
http://tinypic.com/r/vqkvf5/6
#13DynasticAnthonyPosted 3/21/2013 8:10:27 AM
I sent mine in.
---
Playing: Gears of War: Judgment | Fire Emblem: Awakening
Official Husband of Tharja <33333
#14DasDavidPosted 3/21/2013 1:08:51 PM
A gap of eight votes... time to call it?
---
-->MY<-- Latest SSB4 Roster.
http://tinypic.com/r/vqkvf5/6
#15xgiraffes13x(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 1:09:59 PM
DasDavid posted...
A gap of eight votes... time to call it?

Probably.
---
My Dream SSB4 Roster - http://tinyurl.com/az7b2j4
3 months until E3! *fangirls*
#16dehsooPosted 3/21/2013 1:21:07 PM
I agree with which ever roster has Cloud and Sora