This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"Great_Belch" Reviews the Potential Candidate! Today: WALUIGI!

#1Great_BelchPosted 3/21/2013 1:54:06 PM
My sixth review thus far! Today, we look at another character from the Mario universe, who frequently appears in spin-offs: Waluigi!
Character Description: http://www.mariowiki.com/waluigi

Well, you know how I start each reviews: the appearances. Well, let me tell you here, I am afraid I feel a bit...disappointed, I suppose. The last few characters have been as cute as a button: Micaiah, Shantae, Daisy, Shulk...all very adorable. But now, we reach the first flat-out ugly character (assuming that we are not counting Bad Box Art Mega Man). First off, Waluigi wears purple clothing. It is very hard for me to take the colour purple seriously, and if a character is to have large amounts of purple on his or her body, then there must be something else redeemable about the outfit to make me give out the stamp of approval (much like Shantae). Waluigi has nothing of this. He has a pink, jutted-out nose, a creepy smile, a thin frame, and looks overall unappealing. I know that he was probably intended to be this way for comical effect, but I don't find it very funny. I just find it rather creepy and pedophile-like. I am sorry, but Waluigi looks terrible in my opinion: I'm afraid that's one thumb down.

Next, his appearances. Much like a previously-rated character of mine, Daisy, Waluigi appears largely in the sports or party games, being a constant character on the roster. However, I feel that he is in the same boat as Daisy, in that he isn't very important at all. He really is just a character to fill up roster spots here. Nothing very special. Now, while he has become a rather iconic character for those games, he really doesn't contribute much, if at all. At least Daisy was in Super Mario Land. Unfortunately, Waluigi has nothing outside of the sports games, and plays relatively minor roles in the games he's in I'm afraid. Just another character to be there. So, until he gets a larger role outside of his sports prison, I feel that we might want to wait before he is included.

Now, while Waluigi might have two rather unflattering strikes, that doesn't mean that he wouldn't fit in the Smash format! No, sir, in fact, he would actually be a rather unique character I believe. His body type, which is tall and skinny, is completely unique, and not shown yet in the series. Not only that, but he could use sports equipment used in his games, such as baseball bats, soccer balls, etc. Or he could use some special moves of his in some games, such as swimming in the air (strange, but could work), Wall-Luigi!, and more. So yes, he would be very unique I believe.

Now, time to wrap things up as usual. Unfortunately, things aren't looking too good for the purple plumber, if he even is a plumber. He looks like a pedophile. He might not be worthy of a spot. That's two major minuses. But he would be unique, so I can't simply flat-out not like him. However, the negatives are still there, and I'm afraid I am going to have to make this my first negative review.

For Waluigi, I give him the stamp of "DO NOT WANT."

Previously rated characters:
Shantae- REALLY WANT
Mega Man- WANT
Shulk- WANT
Micaiah- WANT
Daisy- NEUTRAL
Waluigi- DO NOT WANT

Nominations:
Waluigi x25
Palutena x24
Chrom x18
Alice (Balloon Kid) x18
Master Belch x17
Lucina x17
Mewtwo x15
Dimentio x15
Baby Peach x15
Isa x15
Jirachi x11
King K. Rool x10
Professor E. Gadd x10
Saki x10
Simon Belmont x9
Ghirahim x7
President Marth x5
Ridley x5
Isaac x5
Genesect x5
Lloyd Irving x5
Tails x4
Ryu Hayabusa x4
Lip x3
Little Mac x3
Ashley x3
Paper Mario x3
Pantless Marth x2
Power Ranger Marth x2
Prince Marth x2
Doc Louis x2
Dunban x2
---
"Great Belch" Reviews the Potential Candidate!
Intrigued? Pop on in to the "Super Smash Brothers U" Board and look it over!
#2Great_Belch(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 1:55:34 PM
Well, how did I do this time? I know some of you are fans of Waluigi, so don't take this review the wrong way. He is just not my type of character. But maybe you completely disagree with me! And that's alright! Feel free to defend your character, as I have just lashed out against it with the "DO NOT WANT" Stamp! Or is that stamp well-deserved? Please, feel free to comment!
---
#3DynasticAnthonyPosted 3/21/2013 1:56:39 PM
*insert okay meme here*
---
Playing: Gears of War: Judgment | Fire Emblem: Awakening
Official Husband of Tharja <33333
#4liveman789Posted 3/21/2013 1:57:41 PM
It's when you say that "I can't take the color purple seriously" thing that makes it hard for me to take you seriously sometimes.

Other than that, I agree with you for the most part. But I don't think I hate him as much as you do.
---
My latest Smash Bros 4 roster: http://oi46.tinypic.com/2rz99xx.jpg
#5JangobadassPosted 3/21/2013 1:59:45 PM
As far as I'm concerned, you hit the nail on the head :)

K.Rool x 2
Ghirahim x 3
---
6 episodes in a row of Team Plasma?
...m-my body isn't ready. I don't think it could ever be...
#6Great_Belch(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 2:00:25 PM
liveman789 posted...
It's when you say that "I can't take the color purple seriously" thing that makes it hard for me to take you seriously sometimes.

Other than that, I agree with you for the most part. But I don't think I hate him as much as you do.

Understandable. And where did you get the impression that I hate him? I do not hate him. I would simply prefer that he was not in this game.

And as to the other poster...I'm afraid I do not understand. Of course, I am not part of the "meme" wave or whatever you blokes call it, so I would have no idea what the "Okay Meme" might be referring to. Care to elaborate for dear, old "Great_Belch" with the modern-day lingo that you were using?
---
#7LittlejefferyPosted 3/21/2013 2:27:03 PM
For Waluigi, I give him the stamp of "I DO WANT."

Fix'd
---
SSBB fc: 4855-0629-0547 Name: WL
Mario Kart Wii fc: 0216-7101-8263 Name: Waluigi
#8XxWontonxXPosted 3/21/2013 2:33:00 PM
I agree with you entirely on Waluigi, and once again, excellent job!

Nom Palutena x5
---
Chrom, Palutena, Shulk, 6th gen Pokemon, Micaiah, Female Pokemon Trainer, Roy, Ashley, and Mona for SSB4
#9MichaelollPosted 3/21/2013 2:40:21 PM
Yes, do not want a 4th plumber.

Baby Peach x5
#10ExodecaiPosted 3/21/2013 5:40:53 PM(edited)
I agree with you on Waluigi in the case of his appearances and moveset potential BUT, I respectfully disagree with you on your opinion of his appearance.

His appearance is actually something that made me a fan of him, the lanky look (he wears purple, my favorite color) and just his overall weirdness of a look is what made me such a fan. I just have a thing for the weird/crazy looking characters in general (all my favorite characters are odd looking in some way, and Waluigi is definitely an odd-ball). In what he does appear in, he's just a super wacky character to use.

Waluigi is by no means "attractive" he's really ugly... but that for me is part of his charm. I love his look, the boomerang mustache, the crooked pink nose, the weird blue eye liner. He's a weirdos dream character! And I proudly say I'm quite the oddball myself... maybe that's why I love the Waluigi character so much.

He's my number one most wanted character, and I REALLY want him to finally get a chance to shine in the spotlight... come on Nintendo, let it be WALUIGI TIME! While it doesn't have to be Sm4sh, it would be nice to finally give the lanky fella a chance in fame.

I love your reviews! So let's get my second character going =) Nominate King K. Rool x5 (btw would Mewtwo be allowed to be nominated?)

PS: On a side note, it's never been said Waluigi is a "plumber" however, it has been said in a few of his character descriptions in strategy guides for Mario games that Waluigi owns a Motor Oil Company... completely random that he does... and his randomness is more of a reason that I like him *pulls out a red rose out of no where*
---
Proud Supporter of Waluigi for Smash 4. Waluigi Time!