This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Proof that Joseph Joestar is in this game:

#1ViewtifulGenePosted 3/21/2013 2:08:13 PM
As we all know, Masahiro Sakurai is a man with balls. It takes big, oily, rippling balls of steel to make a series like Super Smash Brothers. Sakurai wants his balls to clash together with a sound heard around the world in Super Smash Brothers WiiU. To do so he has consulted a Bizarre Adventurer who has made himself known as a formidable Stardust Crusader with an astounding Battle Tendency. Here's why Joseph Joestar has been added in Super Smash Brothers WiiU:

Phantom Blood: Invisible Ties Between Jojo and Smash

People do not often associate Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and Super Smash Brothers, but the two franchises are deeply connected. Namco is currently working on Super Smash Brothers WiiU, a game where Nintendo all-stars do battle. Namco is also developing Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle. This means that Super Smash Brothers and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure are brother franchises; they have the same adopted parent and they both will grow up to become fine all-star battle games. Yes, SSB was originally created by Masahiro Sakurai and JJBA was originally created by Hirohiko Araki. But Namco has lovingly adopted both franchises as if it were a biological mother of both. Masahiro Sakurai decided it is only fair to give SSB's brother franchise representation in this game.

Some of you may wonder why Joseph Joestar was chosen in particular since the JJBA series has no fewer than 8 protagonists. Joseph was chosen because he is currently the most relevant since he has starred in a new anime episode every week. It helps that Joseph's anime has been incredibly popular as shown by the countless GIFs that get uploaded every time a new episode is released.

What a Pain: Moveset Potential That Leaves a Mark

The other main reason why Mr. Sakurai has added Joseph Joestar is for his unique fighting abilities and his ability to fit within the gameplay of Super Smash Brothers. No character in Brawl fights using a pair of steel balls so everything Joseph does is unique in this game. He also has the ability to sprout thorny vines out of his hands so he can use any vine-based attacks Mr. Sakurai can think of that have not been used by Ivysaur. Finally, Mr. Sakurai likes Joseph Joestar because he is a man who uses items and stage hazards to his advantage whenever possible (examples: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BgqFYrD8UM; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hb95qRlyNQ).

Will you be happy to play as Joseph Joestar in this game? I hope so.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#2Undead SaintPosted 3/21/2013 2:16:36 PM
This topic will send the boards into OVERDRIVE!!!
---
Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are (usually) unnecessary.
What's up with the parentheses in random places?-Gamemaster1212
#3dehsooPosted 3/21/2013 2:32:56 PM
Jojo fans are the worst. I blame the anime.
#4ViewtifulGene(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 2:42:41 PM(edited)
dehsoo posted...
Jojo fans are the worst. I blame the anime.

Yes because a person who never shuts up about Cloud and Sora is the authority on all things related to good fandoms.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
#5dehsooPosted 3/21/2013 2:38:45 PM
I take that back. You are not a jojo fan.
#6ViewtifulGene(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 2:41:51 PM
dehsoo posted...

What does it take to be a Jojo fan then? I like JJBA but you just said I'm not a Jojo fan.
---
#7dehsooPosted 3/21/2013 2:45:29 PM
ViewtifulGene posted...
dehsoo posted...

What does it take to be a Jojo fan then? I like JJBA but you just said I'm not a Jojo fan.

Read more than PB. You are beyond hope if you think PB is good.
#8ViewtifulGene(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 2:56:33 PM(edited)
dehsoo posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
dehsoo posted...

Tell me where I said I only read Phantom Blood. Tell me where I said Phantom Blood is good.

I read the whole series up to this point. I read parts 3-5 twice. Don't give me this **** about how I only read Phantom Blood.
---
#9dehsooPosted 3/21/2013 2:59:29 PM
ViewtifulGene posted...
dehsoo posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
dehsoo posted...

Tell me where I said I only read Phantom Blood. Tell me where I said Phantom Blood is good.

It was heavily implied. It's okay if you like PB, which is objectively the worst arc. Just keep your delusions and bad taste to yourself.
#10dehsooPosted 3/21/2013 3:02:12 PM
ViewtifulGene posted...

I read the whole series up to this point. I read parts 3-5 twice. Don't give me this **** about how I only read Phantom Blood.

Oh man please calm down you are scaring me. It's okay man. Lots of people only watched the anime.