New Idea for Mario.

#11thebrawler56(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 7:13:39 PM
SmallerRidley posted...
Then what makes the d-spec. fludd better than my idea?

Maybe it's because that's a terrible move.

It's set knockback that never changes. It's supposed to be a combo starter.
---
OFFICIAL CAPTAIN FALCON OF THE SUPER SMASH BROS. U BOARD.
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/2373567/falcon-punch-o.gif .Falcon Paradox!
#12Undead SaintPosted 3/21/2013 7:15:05 PM
thebrawler56 posted...
Undead Saint posted...
thebrawler56 posted...
Mario Galaxy is my favorite Mario game. It's much more creative than sunshine. (opinion)

I agree with you on this.

I feel that he wouldn't be able to capitalize on star spins knockback unless they upgrade mario from a balanced character into a speedy character.

The engine could change everything of course. I'm just thinking with Brawl physics in mind. I wouldn't want a fixed knockback move that I couldn't follow up on. The whole point of fixed knock back is knowing where the foe will be so that you can follow up with comboes and such. I suppose it could work well for doubles matches though, being able to knock enemies into your well-positioned partner's direction and such.

I imagine that fludd's pushing effect will be made better if it survives to brawl 4, much like Bowser's flamethrower.
---
Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are (usually) unnecessary.
What's up with the parentheses in random places?-Gamemaster1212
#13thebrawler56(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 7:18:00 PM
Undead Saint posted...
thebrawler56 posted...
Undead Saint posted...
thebrawler56 posted...
Mario Galaxy is my favorite Mario game. It's much more creative than sunshine. (opinion)

I feel that he wouldn't be able to capitalize on star spins knockback unless they upgrade mario from a balanced character into a speedy character.

The engine could change everything of course. I'm just thinking with Brawl physics in mind. I wouldn't want a fixed knockback move that I couldn't follow up on. The whole point of fixed knock back is knowing where the foe will be so that you can follow up with comboes and such. I suppose it could work well for doubles matches though, being able to knock enemies into your well-positioned partner's direction and such.

I imagine that fludd's pushing effect will be made better if it survives to brawl 4, much like Bowser's flamethrower.

I'm hoping the gameplay will be faster.
---
#14Elec Man EXEPosted 3/21/2013 7:29:40 PM
Undead Saint posted...
How about the Up special only gets replaced when the Fludd down special is fully charged?

That's a cool idea. A different UpB depending on whether or not you have a charge.

Wouldn't really work with the TC's idea though, considering he got rid of the FLUDD (aside from the UpB itself, but you couldn't really use that to charge it)
---
~ Master of Electricity ~
Electro: 0518-6613-7620 - Pokemon White
#15SpunkySixPosted 3/21/2013 7:35:09 PM
Undead Saint posted...
thebrawler56 posted...

I get the opinion thing, but why? Sunshine did new stuff with water physics and had a totally new locale, while Galaxy did new stuff with spherical platforms and went to a new place... I'd say they're roughly tied.

And I agree with down B star spin, but I'd rather have up B just be the normal one reskinned as the hover nozzel.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
I'd like to be a tree.
#16thebrawler56(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 7:41:06 PM
SpunkySix posted...
Undead Saint posted...
thebrawler56 posted...

I get the opinion thing, but why? Sunshine did new stuff with water physics and had a totally new locale, while Galaxy did new stuff with spherical platforms and went to a new place... I'd say they're roughly tied.

And I agree with down B star spin, but I'd rather have up B just be the normal one reskinned as the hover nozzel.

1.The environments are bland. Nearly every stage is tropical.
2. I like the fludd idea, it just didn't feel to be used to its full potential.
3. Galaxy is much more balanced, gameplay wise, as well as having the most creative levels i've ever seen in a game.
---