This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Never done this before, but oh what the hell... roster time!

#1CalwynPosted 3/22/2013 12:06:37 AM
For the convenience of everyone reading (and myself typing), I'm not listing the entire roster. I'm only mentioning the subtractions, additions, and past-game returns between Brawl's 39 playable movesets and my SSB4 roster.

SUBTRACTIONS (-6):
Ike
Lucas
Lucario
Jigglypuff
Squirtle and Ivysaur (Charizard is left in as a standalone)

ADDITIONS (+15):
Ridley
Palutena
Little Mac
Chibi-Robo
Chrom
Genesect
some new badass from Pokemon X/Y
Treecko, Combusken and Swampert (as Pokemon Trainer May's team)
Sora
Minecrafter (AKA "Steve")
Bomberman
Mega Man
Pac Man

RETURNS (+2):
Roy
Mewtwo

All this for a grand total of 50 playable movesets under 46 character slots. So how's it look? Any questions?
---
They took for granted your soul, and it's ours now to steal!
http://i.imgur.com/SjlAd3p.jpg
#2liveman789Posted 3/22/2013 12:12:14 AM
Too many Pokemon, too many third party, too many characters overall.
---
My latest Smash Bros 4 roster: http://oi46.tinypic.com/2rz99xx.jpg
#3Calwyn(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 12:17:33 AM
Too many Pokemon

Brawl had six. This roster has seven. Not that much of a increase.
But your other points are sort of valid.
---
http://i.imgur.com/pfo8LgM.png
#4LordAlistairPosted 3/22/2013 12:30:14 AM
No way Ike gets cut and Roy returns.

But even if it could happen, why would you want it to? Ike has a unique moveset, Roy is a clone. And not even a good clone, he's basically Marth except worse in almost every way.
---
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/9710/bossqt.jpg
http://www.zeldaeternity.com/2011/05/you-might-be-a-zelda-hipster/
#5RanzEDGEPosted 3/22/2013 12:32:16 AM
to many charecters cut for no reason roster selection is very creative but alot of them are unnecessary.

4/10
---
"We are not small you are just to big can you not see this!?" ~TheDenpamen
#6Calwyn(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 12:36:38 AM
No way Ike gets cut and Roy returns.

But even if it could happen, why would you want it to? Ike has a unique moveset, Roy is a clone. And not even a good clone, he's basically Marth except worse in almost every way.

I was assuming that Roy would be 'de-cloned' like Luigi and Ganondorf were. And also that Roy would be included as advertisement for a translated release of his game (Sword of Seals) on the 3DS e-shop. I can dream...

to many charecters cut for no reason roster selection is very creative but alot of them are unnecessary.

4/10

Ike and the Pokemon would only be cut to make room for others from their franchise, and Lucas would be gone because Earthbound didn't (IMO) deserve a second rep anyways.
---
http://i.imgur.com/uN3DLhq.png
#7RanzEDGEPosted 3/22/2013 1:09:08 AM
Calwyn posted...

Ike and the Pokemon would only be cut to make room for others from their franchise, and Lucas would be gone because Earthbound didn't (IMO) deserve a second rep anyways.

Well earthbound got one and its highly unlikely that one will be cut. jiggs Lucario and the rest of PT's team wouldnt be so inclined to go either (going off relevance and marketing popularity etc). I guess I like the roster some(bomberman and megaman made squee for a sec) it stills need improvement but since this is your roster its your opinion.
---
"We are not small you are just to big can you not see this!?" ~TheDenpamen
#8LittlejefferyPosted 3/22/2013 2:42:21 AM
-10/10

You cut both Ike and Lucas and you didn't add Waluigi in the newcomers section, this roster is fail.
---
SSBB fc: 4855-0629-0547 Name: WL
Mario Kart Wii fc: 0216-7101-8263 Name: Waluigi
#9Doug314Posted 3/22/2013 2:44:05 AM
7 3rd parties 1/10.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB4
"I'm willing to bet money that Waluigi, Chrom and K. Rool are in this game" -DynasticAnthony
#10sterlingtygerPosted 3/22/2013 4:52:57 AM
This is not a good roster.

It's horribly unbalanced with series representation; Pokemon has Pikachu, Charizard, Genesect, a New Pokemon, Mewtwo, and three newcomers for May. Not only is this not really a great representation for the series(Red is the ONLY iconic Pokemon Trainer and the only one worthy of Smash, if you're going to have all of that why not keep Lucario, not even good choices for May), it's SIX slots and EIGHT characters.

And Mario still has 4. And Zelda still has 4. :T

In addition, you cut one of two Mother characters and added TWO Fire Emblem characters. FE doesn't deserve 3; and if they do get 3, it's going to be Ike and Chrom. And they DEFINITELY don't deserve 3 in comparison to Mother.

The only new series characters you added are Little Mac and Chibi-Robo, and well. Those... aren't great choices. Chibi-Robo hasn't had a game in years and has practically no shot, and while I'll admit Little Mac is pretty likely, in comparison to like 5 other Nintendo series that deserve representation, he's not THAT much of a major player.
Golden Sun, Xenoblade, Animal Crossing, Nazo no Murasame Jo, Dillon's Rolling Western, Advance Wars even; c'mon man. This ain't hard.

And now to the elephant in the room...

The Third Parties.

Now I'm gonna be plain and simple, and even a bit forgiving here; because I also would very much like a large group of Third Parties!
But it's not going to happen, and even if it were, these are NOT very good choices.

Mega Man? Sure. Pac-Man? Alright.
Bomberman, MAYBE, *except* he is owned by Konami who, you know, already has a rep.
Sora is VERY unlikely considering he's a Playstation-centric character and is not his company's mascot to any extent. It's like excluding Marth in favor of Leaf. >.>
And the worst offender here is Steve. Minecraft has never been on a Nintendo console. End of story.

So while honestly this isn't the WORST roster ever... it's not great. Idk if it's even good.

Also yo what's up with cutting Ike and Lucas and Lucario and Jigglypuff and Squirtle and Ivysaur? The only character there who only SORT OF ought to be cut is Ike.