Most Realistic Roster on GameFaqs Round 5!

#1xgiraffes13xPosted 3/23/2013 4:55:33 PM
I need 2 more submissions still! PM me or comment! Thank you! - Results (28 votes)
Roster 9 - http://s11.postimg.org/ntauo12wj/roster1.png
39.29% (11 votes)
Roster 10 - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/259/ssb4roster.png/
60.71% (17 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Doug314(Winner of the On The Fence poll) won the last round with a 1 vote margin. Congratulations! That was really close This round is DynasticAnthony vs. ign0to.
I need 2 more rosters to make Round 6 and then make the matches between the winners to settle it. Thanks! Be impartial and be fair.

NEGATIVES
Roster 9
- No King K. Rool
- Cut Toon Link, No New LoZ rep
- Cut Lucario for 6th Gen rep
- Cut Ike
Roster 10
- Ghirahim and cut Toon Link
- (Could be controversial to some) Lip and Tom Nook

I'm going with Roster 10. Despite Roster 9's realistic amount of additions(9), the amount of cuts (and who they were) and only 7 Nintendo characters added I had to give it to Roster 10.
Good luck to you both.
---
My Dream SSB4 Roster - http://tinyurl.com/az7b2j4
3 months until E3! *fangirls*
#2DynasticAnthonyPosted 3/23/2013 4:57:16 PM
I don't think I'll win this one.

My stomach hurts, brb.
---
I AM THE CONQUEROR | Gears: Judgment | Fire Emblem: Awakening | Official Husband of Tharja <33333
Get out of DynasticAnthony's funky punk-rock disco ball
#3DasDavidPosted 3/23/2013 5:01:09 PM
Lame, why couldn't you have called it while I was up by four? XD oh well haha.
---
-->MY<-- Latest SSB4 Roster.
http://i.imgur.com/GEE3K3d.png
#4DynasticAnthonyPosted 3/23/2013 5:04:34 PM(edited)
The negatives on Roster 9:

-No K. Rool
-No Ike
-Lucario cut for 6th gen rep
-Toon Link cut with no added Zelda rep
-No Isaac, who I'm fairly certain has potential to be a playable character
-Megaman, who I do not find at all as likely as some may think he is.
-------------------------------------
BTW, the ? space with the Pokemon is the 6th gen rep.
EDIT: Damn, didn't even notice Ike was gone.
---
I AM THE CONQUEROR | Gears: Judgment | Fire Emblem: Awakening | Official Husband of Tharja <33333
Get out of DynasticAnthony's funky punk-rock disco ball
#5DasDavidPosted 3/23/2013 5:04:21 PM
Too many iffy additions in my opinion for roster ten.
---
-->MY<-- Latest SSB4 Roster.
http://i.imgur.com/GEE3K3d.png
#6ign0toPosted 3/23/2013 6:29:00 PM
I came up with this roster mostly based on the belief that the game won't have much more than 40 characters in it, which is why it has so few newcomers and the three cuts. And I seem to be losing pretty bad too, but thanks for accepting it into the pool anyway.
#7Doug314Posted 3/23/2013 11:27:02 PM
First is more realistic with no Waluigi.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB4
"I'm willing to bet money that Waluigi, Chrom and K. Rool are in this game" -DynasticAnthony
#8SMASHKING84Posted 3/24/2013 1:47:32 AM
roster 9 because 10 has waluigi.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Ignoring:anyone who pisses me off
#9Limelight788Posted 3/24/2013 1:56:01 AM
Roster 9:
+ Ridley
+ Palutena
+ Takamaru
+ Little Mac
+ Shulk
+ Mega Man

- No 3rd DK character (specifically K. Rool or Dixie)
- No Mewtwo OR Lucario. I'm confident that at least one of these two are going to be in.
- Pac-Man

- No 3rd Zelda character. A 5th Zelda character isn't likely, but there's no reason not to expect Toon Link (or at least a child variation) to return. Using the clone argument is terrible as well as no evidence that move set potentials plays a part in character decisions.

- Two Fire Emblem characters. Fire Emblem was planned to have three characters in Brawl (third one being Roy). Ike is a highly popular character that starred in two games and chances are, Sakurai is going to be much less hesitant to cut Nintendo characters this time around, especially when 49-56 characters are looking likely (transformation included).

-Roster size is too small. Its highly doubtful that we will get less than 48 characters in this game. People may say that "we've probably reached our limit", but its likely that he was referring to Smash 4's roster and not Brawl's, given that cuts aren't inevitable and what potential cut choices that are available are more likely to return than not. Another thing is that Brawl planned to have twenty-one (or twenty-two, depending on if the pra_mai rumor is true) characters and since Sakurai likes to go back to the previous games and add characters from there, two or three of the characters from the Forbidden Six (Seven) getting in Smash 4 looks likely (with Mewtwo, Roy and Dixie Kong being the most likely). Finally, Smash has always added at least twelve more characters. While this isn't a sure thing to keep, I have a hard time seeing us getting less than ten more characters from Brawl, let alone just nine characters overall, especially when there are still at least twenty newcomers with realistic odds.

Roster 10:
+ King K. Rool
+ Ridley
+ Palutena
+ Takamaru
+ Little Mac
+ Isaac
+ Shulk
+ Good roster size

- No Toon Link: Ghirahim could happen, but it won't be at the cost of a child Link. Either Ghirahim will get the 5th spot or he's not getting in.
- No Mewtwo
- Lip
- Pac-Man

- Waluigi: He has popularity, but that's it. What he doesn't have is importance. A Mario rep is not going to be decided by popularity due to being no general consensus on a Mario newcomer (and Toad, Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario also being popular) but by importance. The franchise isn't guarantee a newcomer and I have a hard time seeing Waluigi getting in by popularity alone.

- Tom Nook: The Animal Crosser already got rejected by Sakurai due to his peaceful nature. Tom Nook isn't even the primary character so what chance does he have?

Roster 10 is mediocre, but in comparison to the garbage that is Roster 9, at least it works, so it gets my vote.
---
Toad, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, Geno, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Ridley, Mewtwo, Deoxys, Pichu, Genesect, Roy, Palutena, Mach Rider, Ray, and Mega Man for SSB4!