I hope the item switch is removed from this game

#31KSUkid55Posted 3/24/2013 9:53:30 AM
harvestmoonmike posted...
KSUkid55 posted...
Besides, the default setting would obviously be the way it usually is, eg. Items on medium, hazards on normal, 2 minute time, damage 1.0, all stages on random, etc.

Default settings aren't going to be an issue for new options.

They shouldn't be, right, and they haven't been thus far. But the feeling I get from most fans or core gamers is that the game should be made to fit their needs first, which is malarky.

Simply put, it won't. Saki-poo is designing it. He pushes accessibility constantly, and knows experienced players will find their options. Heck, he's made some switches unlockables.
---
Take a stapler, some spare fur that might be lying around, and your threshold for pain, and turn your face into a woodland creature.
#32MetalKirbyPlushPosted 3/24/2013 9:56:24 AM
The people taking this seriously are hilarious.
---
Samus ruined Metroid forever. She keeps killing them. ~CTsChoco
#33Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 3/24/2013 10:02:15 AM
harvestmoonmike posted...
KSUkid55 posted...
Besides, the default setting would obviously be the way it usually is, eg. Items on medium, hazards on normal, 2 minute time, damage 1.0, all stages on random, etc.

Default settings aren't going to be an issue for new options.

They shouldn't be, right, and they haven't been thus far. But the feeling I get from most fans or core gamers is that the game should be made to fit their needs first, which is malarky.

It is a feeling you get, but not what they say. What core gamers want is a game that doesn't go 100% casual, but a game that can appeal both casuals and hardcore alike. Hence why Melee is regarded as the greatest of the three Smash games most of the time, because it did it right, but Brawl went more to the casual crowd.
---
...once again, my mind crumbles to Kooky's logic! -MetaFalconPunch
#34ThatGuyZPosted 3/24/2013 10:05:16 AM
MetalKirbyPlush posted...
The people taking this seriously are hilarious.

This is the 3rd time I've read this post. It's wonfaful. :D
---
Jumping around, reading Tropes all day. Got video games to play, school sure isn't easy. 3DS FC-5370-0900-3336/Wii-U: NewZen41
#35ViewtifulGene(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 10:07:35 AM
Kooky_von_Koopa posted...
Casual players have ruined gaming. Or better said, developers are becoming the b****** of casual gamers. Look at Nintendo, WII was made to appeal casuals, and now they tried to do the same with Wii U and look what is happening to them!

The problem isn't casual gaming per se. The problem is making games more casual at the expense of experienced gamers when it is possible to satisfy both sides equally. This can be done via sufficient options and a well-designed interface. For example, in a lot of Atlus' games the game starts by choosing a difficulty level that is clearly and concisely described. As the game progresses players are free to adjust the difficulty level as needed and the games make this point perfectly clear.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#36Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 3/24/2013 10:09:43 AM
ViewtifulGene posted...
Kooky_von_Koopa posted...
Casual players have ruined gaming. Or better said, developers are becoming the b****** of casual gamers. Look at Nintendo, WII was made to appeal casuals, and now they tried to do the same with Wii U and look what is happening to them!

The problem isn't casual gaming per se. The problem is making games more casual at the expense of experienced gamers when it is possible to satisfy both sides equally. This can be done via sufficient options and a well-designed interface. For example, in a lot of Atlus' games the game starts by choosing a difficulty level that is clearly and concisely described. As the game progresses players are free to adjust the difficulty level as needed and the games make this point perfectly clear.

I wholeheartedly agree, it is what I told Mike above ^_^
---
...once again, my mind crumbles to Kooky's logic! -MetaFalconPunch
#37Carbuncle009Posted 3/24/2013 10:16:09 AM
ViewtifulGene posted...
Since the item switch has forced countless casual gamers to play the game with competitive players it should be removed.

Strike 1.
ViewtifulGene posted...
Everybody online plays Brawl competitively because they use the item switch to turn items off.

Wait, people play competitive Brawl online? I thought it was too laggy to play competitively.
Strike 2.
ViewtifulGene posted...
Remember that options are bad because if you don't like an option you have to use it anyway

I don't understand the reasoning behind this.
Strike 3.

This topic is out of here!
http://denver.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw8336-m4XC5.gif

So.... Now that the topic is dead, let's discuss possible candidates for SSB4 that we want. Isaac from Golden Sun is who I want.
---
Can I put my Onix in your Cloyster? Yes: 7 No: 4 Maybe: 2
The Sapphire Carbuncle: Why I watch technicolor ponies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyYTKbC6tbw
#38Skatz95Posted 3/24/2013 10:19:56 AM
the online community ruined brawl for me. the majority of them are just teamers looking to make people rage.
---
MKWii fc: 4341-9153-2733
#39LegendofLegaiaPosted 3/24/2013 10:25:33 AM
Carbuncle009 posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
Since the item switch has forced countless casual gamers to play the game with competitive players it should be removed.

Strike 1.
ViewtifulGene posted...
Everybody online plays Brawl competitively because they use the item switch to turn items off.

Wait, people play competitive Brawl online? I thought it was too laggy to play competitively.
Strike 2.
ViewtifulGene posted...
Remember that options are bad because if you don't like an option you have to use it anyway

I don't understand the reasoning behind this.
Strike 3.

This topic is out of here!
http://denver.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw8336-m4XC5.gif

Automatic failure for not getting that this is an obvious joke topic and double the failure for referencing MLP.

So.... Now that the topic is dead, let's discuss possible candidates for SSB4 that we want. Isaac from Golden Sun is who I want.

Yeah, because it's not like there are dozens of those kind of topics every single day.
---
"It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it." - Kreia
#40LinkSamus3Posted 3/24/2013 10:29:31 AM
Um, I'm the most casual Smash Bros. player of them all, and I don't like playing with items. It makes everything unfair because it's always whoever gets the items that wins, not who is the best player. It should be the best player that wins, no matter the skill level of the other person. The only exception I make to that rule is in the case of Smash Balls, because without them, you can't see the characters' final smashes, and I like seeing final smashes. So set items to few, deactivate everything but Smash Balls, and have a good time. That's what I say.
---
"Don't just beat it, conquer it!" - dungeonconquerorB