I hope the item switch is removed from this game

#91ViewtifulGene(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 9:13:39 PM(edited)
KSUkid55 posted...
If the default settings are easily changeable for everyone then it wouldn't have to favor casuals.

Define easily. And it'd better be some twisted definition that actually means effortless.

In other words, to save time on making the menus into something that doesn't exist, they should design the defaults for casuals.

Why should the defaults favor one over the other when it can please both equally? It shouldn't.

And you have no proof that an option to do so is impossible. So don't give me this **** about how it can't exist. And me not having an example doesn't prove it nonexistent.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#92KSUkid55Posted 3/26/2013 9:17:45 PM
Why should the defaults favor one over the other when it can please both equally? It shouldn't.

Can they please both equally, though? Casual players want to see explosions and randomness and pretty lights and colors and neat features and stuff (and the designers want to show the new stuff off), and competitive players want as little randomness as possible for their 1v1 or 2v2 matches. You can't have both simultaneously.

So don't give me this **** about how it doesn't exist.

Does it exist now? If not, it doesn't exist. Let an indie game or Meteos or some other IP innovate. Let SSB be a good proven game.
---
Take a stapler, some spare fur that might be lying around, and your threshold for pain, and turn your face into a woodland creature.
#93ViewtifulGene(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 9:19:49 PM(edited)
KSUkid55 posted...

Can they please both equally, though? Casual players want to see explosions and randomness and pretty lights and colors and neat features and stuff (and the designers want to show the new stuff off), and competitive players want as little randomness as possible for their 1v1 or 2v2 matches. You can't have both simultaneously.

Sure you can. It was done in Melee and 64.

So don't give me this **** about how it doesn't exist.

Does it exist now? If not, it doesn't exist. Let an indie game or Meteos or some other IP innovate. Let SSB be a good proven game.

Innovation can make a good proven game better. No sense fussing over what doesn't exist now when innovation can happen anytime.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong