Because Zelda is a terrible, racist series
---
More ballin than cats playing cricket http://i.imgur.com/83l4a.jpg
Unofficial official BALLIN Shaq Fu practitioner of NeoNewZoids
#12XxWontonxXPosted 3/25/2013 12:43:26 PM
Toon Link was amazing, one of my mains.

Link was fun to use too, but agreed, he did suck
---
Chrom, Palutena, Shulk, 6th gen Pokemon, Micaiah, Female Pokemon Trainer, Roy, Ashley, and Mona for SSB4
#13Selt_Jr422Posted 3/25/2013 12:46:56 PM
CanyouGuess posted...
Only Zelda rep I use is Ganondorf, and yeah. He really sucks. In Melee he was okay, because he had a few quick attacks and was fairly agile. Now, he makes Ike look like Sonic.

Ganondorf kicks major *** if you actually KNOW how to use him. he's one of my main that i fight with and he's powerful as hell. sure his speed is really low but his attack power is pretty damn high. i can still beat any fast character with him! :D
#14Kratos_Aurion75Posted 3/25/2013 12:53:45 PM(edited)
Selt_Jr422 posted...
CanyouGuess posted...
Only Zelda rep I use is Ganondorf, and yeah. He really sucks. In Melee he was okay, because he had a few quick attacks and was fairly agile. Now, he makes Ike look like Sonic.

Ganondorf kicks major *** if you actually KNOW how to use him. he's one of my main that i fight with and he's powerful as hell. sure his speed is really low but his attack power is pretty damn high. i can still beat any fast character with him! :D

Ganondorf gets his ass handed to him regularly in Brawl if your opponent actually knows how to play too. Anyone who knows how to play can beat someone who doesn't, but when both players know how to play, Ganondorf is clearly shown to be terrible.
---
http://puu.sh/2gpqf
Wasting meter since '08
#15CanyouGuessPosted 3/25/2013 12:57:13 PM
I wish Ganon had a projectile of some kind. Like his magic tennis ball or whatever. I hope in SSB4, he's more like he is in the actual Zelda games, where he can do all kinds of crazy flips and such. Same with Bowser, who is faster and a better jumper than Mario in his own series.
---
Megaman for Smash Bros. 4!
I heavily dislike My Little Pony
#16Selt_Jr422Posted 3/25/2013 1:07:54 PM
Kratos_Aurion75 posted...
Selt_Jr422 posted...
CanyouGuess posted...

Ganondorf gets his ass handed to him regularly in Brawl if your opponent actually knows how to play too. Anyone who knows how to play can beat someone who doesn't, but when both players know how to play, Ganondorf is clearly shown to be terrible.

in most cases, yes, i agree...but even so, with me, i still beat them even if my opponent knows how to play their character real good as well :)
#17JangobadassPosted 3/25/2013 1:27:59 PM
Kratos_Aurion75 posted...
To be fair, Sonic was rather slow and clunky.

I-ROW-KNEE!!

And I for one suspect that Sakurai has it out for LoZ for some reason (vanity comes to mind. "Be more popular than MY series, will you?!" >:( )
---
6 episodes in a row of Team Plasma?
...m-my body isn't ready. I don't think it could ever be...
#18Doug314Posted 3/25/2013 8:34:34 PM
They don't suck they're just very bad in 1v1. Zelda is pretty useful in 2v2, Link isn't bad in FFA and Ganondorf is the king of HRC. They all have their uses.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB4
"I'm willing to bet money that Waluigi, Chrom and K. Rool are in this game" -DynasticAnthony
#19kuwab0Posted 3/25/2013 10:08:33 PM
SaladVengeance posted...
Because Zelda is a terrible, racist series

?
#20Amazing AmpharosPosted 3/26/2013 5:21:39 AM
It's a crazy thought that Toon Link sucks. He's a very powerful character whose relatively lack of popularity at a high level has always been odd. It's just not credible to question him being at least decent if not decidely among the high tiers.

Link is underrated. Sure his recovery sucks, but recovery isn't really that big of a deal compared to most character attributes and his ability to "fight" is actually a lot better than most other low tiers. In my region, we actually had low tier mains for most of the cast when I was active, and Legan made Link look very playable. There's no getting around that he's still low tier, but I disagree with conventional wisdom that he's one of the worse low tiers and would say he's one of the better ones. I definitely fear Link way more than I fear Lucas, Mario, Samus, Bowser, etc..

I would agree with the statement that Zelda is actually very good in doubles, but she needs the right partner. As G&W, I find Zelda a pretty good teammate if the Zelda player understands the strategy properly (G&W goes berserker, Zelda plays support). If her partner can't control the battle and enable her to snipe, she's going to struggle a lot since she really can't deal with heavy pressure or create offensive momentum on her own other than a little by just using a lot of up smash which against good players is just not enough. Of course, her weaknesses are a little more problematic for her in singles, but she has down special for that. Sheik is pretty playable even if not great or anything (if you find the rare Sheik player with the knowledge and tech skill to play her right, expect to have to work for that win), and in terms of the whole character, transforming is a good idea more often than never so I realy don't like to think of them as two characters. Zelda & Sheik as a character is okay in Brawl.

Ganondorf is basically the worst character in the game, but someone had to be the worst, right? At least he brings a smile to everyone's face whenever he does get picked; that's one attribute he shares with Captain Falcon that wasn't stripped away in Brawl.