Everyone here underestimates Lord Roy to become a returning veteran

#41albertojz356Posted 3/25/2013 9:45:48 PM
ViewtifulGene posted...
albertojz356 posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
albertojz356 posted...
Roy's inclusion in Melee was because they needed extra characters. Then in Brawl Ike was given priority in every way, Roy didn't even get a trophy despite the common argument saying he was cut because of time constraints all he had was a sticker. Anyways if Roy's popularity over Ike didn't beat him back then in Brawl. Then what exactly does he have over Chrom?

Chrom lacks t3h phrie.

He can if you reclass him :P.

But hisswrod neds the feir. It desnt count ig he gets frie from a boko.

Ike has l337 pH13R in Brawl and he can't even use a Fire sword =S.
---
Pauline, Palutena, Medusa, Cptn. Syrup, Mike Jones, Andy, Lip, Eirika, Bayonetta, Mr. Peepers, Micaiah, Birdo, Anna, Lyn, & Shantae for SSB4!
#42Limelight788Posted 3/26/2013 12:33:20 AM
Roy won't be back. What were time constraints once are now just permanent from then on. Meowth almost made it into SSB and now it seems like he hasn't even been considered since. All the melee characters had the same apply to them as you say for Roy, so that means you're also implying Mewtwo, Pichu, and Dr. Mario are also confirmed. And since none of the brawl character won't make it due to time constraints, there will probably only be about 2 newcomers if what you say is true.

If time constraints cuts are now permanent, explain why Mewtwo and Bowser showed up in Melee while King Dedede made it into Brawl? All were planned for Smash 64 and found their way into a Smash game. Oh and Meowth was never planned to be in Smash, that's just a false rumor.

I don't exactly think Chrom is a shoe in either, but to think that Roy is anything more than possible is in my opinion just optimism usually stemming from really really wanting his return. He may have been planned to return in Brawl due to Sakurai wanting to maintain most of the cast, but now that he has been absent for a title there is nothing that makes him particularly appealing, especially considering the fact that this game will have either A.) heavier cuts than we're expecting in which case I don't see why previously cut characters would even be in the discussion or B.) fewer additions than we're expecting in which case I don't see why previously cut characters would even be in the discussion.

Still it's just the way I see it.

He did appear in the DLC of FE13 with a completely new design, so he hasn't been completely forgotten. Plus Intelligent System has expressed a desire for a remake of FE6.

As for the two options, I see B being the more likely option and I could see Roy take priority in the roster over Chrom due to being among the Top 10 most wanted characters and being planned for Melee, especially when Chrom is more or less a bland character. He isn't a guarantee and Chrom is certainly competition, but I do think he has good chances.

Mewtwo, King Dedede, Pit, Meowth (indeed) Bowser and Peach were planned to be in Smash Bros. 64.
Source: http://sheikav.com/foro/printthread.php?tid=5648

They all got in melee minus King Dedede, who was going to be in, but Sakurai put the 7 clones instead (Ganon, Y. Link, etc.). In Super Smash Bros. Brawl there are the "Forbidden Seven", six of them can be identified, but it is unclear who "pra_mai" is.

Meowth, Pit and Peach were not planned for the game. SmashWiki is not a reliable source for Smash information. Sakurai has only commented on Mewtwo, King Dedede and Bowser being planned for Smash 64.

And also, why people think that it has to be one or the other? Both would fine, FE could use 4 reps at least.

I'd be for it. It would solve the argument between Chrom and Roy and satisfy both sides. I think in the off-chance we get DLC characters, both will probably be added; one in the initial roster and one as a DLC character (because I see both Chrom and Roy being planned).
---
Toad, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, Geno, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Ridley, Mewtwo, Deoxys, Pichu, Genesect, Roy, Palutena, Mach Rider, Ray, and Mega Man for SSB4!
#43UberPyro64Posted 3/26/2013 12:43:27 AM
Honestly both Ike and Roy aren't getting in over Chrom. Only Marth has that luxury.

Chrom shouldn't be Roy's enemy. It should be Ike.
---
My SSB4 Roster: http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/7451/april2013roster.png
#44Koro-SenseiPosted 3/26/2013 12:45:04 AM
That's right, Kooky. Because Roy is the Lord, everybody knows his name. He got it all cash, money, and fame. His chances aren't low, they must have been dreaming. Better believe it, his mind is like a demon.
#45LegendofLegaiaPosted 3/26/2013 2:07:25 AM
DasDavid posted...
B.) fewer additions than we're expecting in which case I don't see why previously cut characters would even be in the discussion.

Well, if what Snakey said was true, then two of the Melee cut characters are the most wanted reps for SSB4 in Japan. On top of that, they'd both be easier to include than newcomers (one already having his own moveset and the other just needing his moveset to be Luigified, like Falco's), so it's not like their inclusion would be much of a blockade for new characters.

Not saying that they're "shoo-ins", but there's plenty of reason for the Melee cuts to be in the discussion.
---
"It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it." - Kreia
#46DragonDeoxysPosted 3/26/2013 2:28:39 AM
UberPyro64 posted...
Honestly both Ike and Roy aren't getting in over Chrom. Only Marth has that luxury.

Fun Fact.

There is a FE:A dlc pack called Smash pack.

One map features Chrom allying himself with Ike going against Roy's army. In another, Chrom teams up with Roy to fight against Ike's army. And on the last one I think, Chrom goes against Ike and Roy's armies at the same time.
---
Black FC: 4126 5167 3147
Black 2 FC: 0562 5475 2074
#47ViewtifulGenePosted 3/26/2013 4:40:42 AM
albertojz356 posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
albertojz356 posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
albertojz356 posted...
Roy's inclusion in Melee was because they needed extra characters. Then in Brawl Ike was given priority in every way, Roy didn't even get a trophy despite the common argument saying he was cut because of time constraints all he had was a sticker. Anyways if Roy's popularity over Ike didn't beat him back then in Brawl. Then what exactly does he have over Chrom?

Chrom lacks t3h phrie.

He can if you reclass him :P.

But hisswrod neds the feir. It desnt count ig he gets frie from a boko.

Ike has l337 pH13R in Brawl and he can't even use a Fire sword =S.

Not the same. Ike actually had t3h blu phire in Radiant Dan.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#48StreetPasWantrPosted 3/26/2013 4:52:52 AM
Enaikei posted...
Considering Brawl was completely empty without him, if they are stupid enough to exclude him a 2nd time, Smash Bros might as well hit the grave.

Really? One character will make people not play Smash? ONE GODDAMN CHARACTER WHO ISN'T EVEN LIKELY TO GET IN?!
---
"I love equipping Vaike with ladles." Now re-read that sentence.
Nintendo Network ID: Xehanort
#49StreetPasWantrPosted 3/26/2013 4:54:34 AM
DragonDeoxys posted...
UberPyro64 posted...

Fun Fact.

There is a FE:A dlc pack called Smash pack.

One map features Chrom allying himself with Ike going against Roy's army. In another, Chrom teams up with Roy to fight against Ike's army. And on the last one I think, Chrom goes against Ike and Roy's armies at the same time.

Lol. I think it's just a coincidence, but whatever.
---
"I love equipping Vaike with ladles." Now re-read that sentence.
Nintendo Network ID: Xehanort
#50Doug314Posted 3/26/2013 5:38:01 AM
Kooky_von_Koopa posted...
Doug314 posted...
Roy won't be back. What were time constraints once are now just permanent from then on. Meowth almost made it into SSB and now it seems like he hasn't even been considered since. All the melee characters had the same apply to them as you say for Roy, so that means you're also implying Mewtwo, Pichu, and Dr. Mario are also confirmed. And since none of the brawl character won't make it due to time constraints, there will probably only be about 2 newcomers if what you say is true.

Roy won't come back? Did you come from the future to prove this argument? The only likely clones from Melee are Roy and Dr. Mario, and Mewtwo is the only non-clone to have pretty high chances. They were all planeed for Brawl, but since you are among the lovers of patterns...

Mewtwo, King Dedede, Pit, Meowth (indeed) Bowser and Peach were planned to be in Smash Bros. 64.
Source: http://sheikav.com/foro/printthread.php?tid=5648

They all got in melee minus King Dedede, who was going to be in, but Sakurai put the 7 clones instead (Ganon, Y. Link, etc.). In Super Smash Bros. Brawl there are the "Forbidden Seven", six of them can be identified, but it is unclear who "pra_mai" is.

Taking in context that Sakurai always allows planned character to appear in sequels, and that both Mewtwo and Roy both had data from voice clips and victory themes, it can be clearly proven that Roy and Mewtwo can EASILY be added in the next Smash bros. game, not Chrom.

Source: http://slumz.boxden.com/f13/leftover-super-smash-bros-brawl-data-characters-left-out-revealed-1076694/

I wasn't going by a pattern. I was going by a provable contradiction. There is a difference. You seem to be arguing that it's almost as if Roy was in brawl since he would have been if not for time constraints. And then falling back on the whole idea that in 2 Smash Bros. games seems to apparently guarantee 80% chance to return again. The same applies to the entire rest of the melee cast that was part of the forbidden 7, so you can't use that argument for Roy without it applying to all of them. Thus, we'd then have 43 returning characters so there'd only be room for 2 newcomers.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB4
"I'm willing to bet money that Waluigi, Chrom and K. Rool are in this game" -DynasticAnthony