why not ridley as a playable character?

#1HaganPosted 3/26/2013 12:24:55 PM
Topic
---
XBL GT= illidan z
http://www.youtube.com/user/illidanz
#2IlIlIlIlIlIlIlPosted 3/26/2013 12:28:24 PM
Too big. Samus wouldn't be able to take it.
---
|N|M|E|
#3ShenanigansMan2Posted 3/26/2013 12:28:49 PM
inb4 TOO BI-dang it.
---
Every time someone reads this signature, a puppy dies
..You monster
#4Hagan(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 12:30:18 PM
Bowser has undergone major size shifts over the generations, do it here.

Thinking about possible abilities. It could work extremely well.
---
XBL GT= illidan z
http://www.youtube.com/user/illidanz
#5liveman789Posted 3/26/2013 12:36:30 PM
What he has against him that he was pushed aside in every Smash Bros game, despite his high demand and importance to the Metroid series. Even Zero Suit Samus was considered before him. There's also the rather minor problem of shrinking his awkwardly shaped body and making it work as a fighting character in a game like Smash Bros.

What he has going for him is that the pool of potential newcomers gets smaller with each installment. His chances may be higher because of this, but at the same time it's also very likely that we'll be getting a smaller amount of newcomers this time around.
---
My latest Smash Bros 4 roster: http://oi46.tinypic.com/2rz99xx.jpg
#6wugeezyPosted 3/26/2013 12:40:56 PM
I would love to see him a least as a boss character or something.
#7ViewtifulGenePosted 3/26/2013 12:47:47 PM(edited)
liveman789 posted...
What he has against him that he was pushed aside in every Smash Bros game, despite his high demand and importance to the Metroid series. Even Zero Suit Samus was considered before him. There's also the rather minor problem of shrinking his awkwardly shaped body and making it work as a fighting character in a game like Smash Bros.

What he has going for him is that the pool of potential newcomers gets smaller with each installment. His chances may be higher because of this, but at the same time it's also very likely that we'll be getting a smaller amount of newcomers this time around.

I guess we can't have any newcomer that existed during the 64 era either then. After all, they were all pushed aside for other characters too.

There'd be no trouble shrinking Ridley if he was given proportions like he had in Super Metroid. Nobody complained about his wings and tail being too small there.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#8Frost_LASERPosted 3/26/2013 12:48:30 PM
I'd like Ridley. He could has some pretty devastating special moves. But he sounds really really annoying when you fight him (in fusion at least).
#9ElliotasticoPosted 3/26/2013 12:49:00 PM
Because the series has already dubbed him and sized him up as a Boss. Twice.
---
Official (everything) of (every) boards. I am who I please.
#10liveman789Posted 3/26/2013 12:50:52 PM
ViewtifulGene posted...
liveman789 posted...

I guess we can't have any newcomer that existed during the 64 era either then. After all, they were all pushed aside for other characters too.

There'd be no trouble shrinking Ridley if he was given proportions like he had in Super Metroid. Nobody complained about his wings and tail being too small there.

I know his size isn't a huge deal. Just a minor one, like I said originally, that may take some extra effort to implement.

And I was talking about the most demanded characters, not every single one that's existed since the 64 era. It's just that Ridley was always one of the most demanded characters since the 64 installment existed.
---
My latest Smash Bros 4 roster: http://oi46.tinypic.com/2rz99xx.jpg