Will Smash 3DS OUTSELL Smash Wii U?

#21stfn12345Posted 3/27/2013 7:40:08 AM
I'm fully expecting version "exclusive" content that forces die hard fans to buy both versions, so I'd imagine the sales will be similar, but there's no doubt in my mind that the Wii U version will do better. Smash is to Nintendo home consoles what Pokemon is to their handhelds i.e. a system seller. Throw in Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, Mario U, and whatever else comes out between now and then, and the Wii U will finally be coming into its own. Sure, the day one, or week one, or even month one sales may favor 3DS, but Nintendo games have a very long shelf life, and Smash U will overtake the 3DS version eventually.
#22Iggy_KoopaPosted 3/27/2013 7:49:23 AM
I have a question...when has a handheld version EVER outsold a console version of the same game that was released in a similar time frame? Handheld remakes of a game that was more than a couple decades old don't really count here.
#23MasterFoxCheif3Posted 3/27/2013 7:58:03 AM
Iggy_Koopa posted...
The 3ds smash board isn't even really noticed... Of course it's not going to outsell the console version.

And the most dumbest post of the day award goes to......Iggy_Koopa!
#24IngSlayerPosted 3/27/2013 8:05:19 AM
SHUT. UP.
---
Sedix: Baffling Artist
#25MrSpacelySlatePosted 3/27/2013 8:57:47 AM
IngSlayer posted...
SHUT. UP.

Look at this kid, a broken record he is.
#26dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 9:40:18 AM
Iggy_Koopa posted...
I have a question...when has a handheld version EVER outsold a console version of the same game that was released in a similar time frame? Handheld remakes of a game that was more than a couple decades old don't really count here.

This question is what actually made me create this topic. I think smash 3ds might be the first handheld version of a console game to significantly outsell its console counter part
#27Iggy_KoopaPosted 3/27/2013 5:09:56 PM
MasterFoxCheif3 posted...
Iggy_Koopa posted...
The 3ds smash board isn't even really noticed... Of course it's not going to outsell the console version.

And the most dumbest post of the day award goes to......Iggy_Koopa!

Congratulations! You are doing a great job at being a jerk on an online message board. Keep up the good work!

Also, you could have simply sufficed with simply "dumbest", the "most" was not needed. Please see me after class so we could discuss where we could go from here.
#28SmallerRidleyPosted 3/27/2013 6:17:19 PM
It was pretty dumb.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. In NGE, Doritos are perishable goods
#29TheMasterTurtlePosted 3/27/2013 6:39:20 PM
Yeah that was a really stupid post, Iggy.
---
OFFICIAL WARTORTLE OF THE B/W BOARDS
#30Iggy_KoopaPosted 3/27/2013 7:28:37 PM(edited)
That's fine and I acknowledge that. I have no quarrel with those who don't personally attack me... Perhaps I took things the wrong way. But let's all let bygones be by bygones. Group hug yo!

Other than "The Wii U is doomed!" TM, what reason do people think that history will be defied with the portable version beating the console version? Would it be safe to assume that both versions will not be equal? Or are we to assume that everything will be the same tit for tat? Thing is we don't know. Surely we could all make our bets... The Wii U surely doesn't have the greatest start up lineup... But it hasn't even been a year. Are we to honestly say that by the time SSB4 comes out it will be the only one worth having a Wii U for? Only time will tell. One thing is for sure, if they do different characters for different versions and K. Rool is only in the 3DS version (provided he makes the cut), I will scream.