This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Final Prediction Roster before E3 2013...

#11RawstyleEeveePosted 3/28/2013 12:25:15 AM
Gamer09e posted...
Limelight788 posted...
Mega Man - Above Pac-Man? I doubt it

I honestly don't see Pac-Man in this game. I know that Namco is working with Sakurai on this game, but I don't see how this is suppose to make a Namco rep likely. Sure Namco could suggest a rep to Sakurai, but Sakurai has the final words on third-parties. Which is where my main issue with adding Pac-Man onto my prediction roster comes in; I don't see Sakurai being interested.

but see that's the thing your assuming pac-man is some random Namco character. Like Mario and sonic and even Megaman Pac-man is one of the pioneer is video games. being that Namco assisting sakurai with the game i'd doubt sakurai would shoot down any request they had character wise unless its some out landish random character (which pacman isn't). lets not also forget that miyamoto a close friend of sakurai is a huge pacman fan himself, food though but the official Nintendo magazine listed pacman as a likely candidate.. Even if you don't like pacman you have to admit his chances are pretty high..

ooh and here a link to the article..

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/11/24/onm-lists-12-characters-that-should-be-in-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/

Mega Man/Capcom rep is currently the only 3rd party Character Sakurai mentioned being possible, so that he picks Mega Man over Pac Man is pretty logical.

Sakurai is the only one who decides the roster, Namco & Miyamoto don't have a say on it. Miyamoto can suggest Pac Man, but If Sakurai says no, it is no

Btw nice roster TC
---
Official Eevee of the Pokemon X/Y board
#12dehsooPosted 3/28/2013 1:47:35 AM
Limelight788 posted...
E3 2013 is going to be here before we know it. Its hard to believe that in about two and a half months, a few newcomers are finally going to be confirmed to the world. Whoever those may be remains to be seen, but I am curious to see how close this roster is to the actual SSB4 roster. With that said, here we go:

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/Limelight788/EmptyRosterPrediction.png

Everyone from Brawl returns along with Mewtwo and Roy being added. The following are newcomer additions:

- Toad
- King K. Rool
- Dixie Kong
- Ridley
- Samurai Goroh
- Palutena
- Takamaru
- Mach Rider
- Little Mac
- Shulk
- Isaac
- Mega Man

Add in Cloud and Sora and I'll agree with you.
#13ChrisCanbergPosted 3/28/2013 6:45:02 AM
Just realized I typed my last post in this thread incorrectly:

"I hope I'm not the only person who thinks TOAD is in no way feasible or worth a slot."
#14PlasmaCannonPosted 3/28/2013 6:50:05 AM
I hope this prediction ends up incorrect.
---
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.
#15Gamer09ePosted 3/28/2013 8:16:58 AM
RawstyleEevee posted...
Gamer09e posted...
Limelight788 posted...
Mega Man - Above Pac-Man? I doubt it

I honestly don't see Pac-Man in this game. I know that Namco is working with Sakurai on this game, but I don't see how this is suppose to make a Namco rep likely. Sure Namco could suggest a rep to Sakurai, but Sakurai has the final words on third-parties. Which is where my main issue with adding Pac-Man onto my prediction roster comes in; I don't see Sakurai being interested.

but see that's the thing your assuming pac-man is some random Namco character. Like Mario and sonic and even Megaman Pac-man is one of the pioneer is video games. being that Namco assisting sakurai with the game i'd doubt sakurai would shoot down any request they had character wise unless its some out landish random character (which pacman isn't). lets not also forget that miyamoto a close friend of sakurai is a huge pacman fan himself, food though but the official Nintendo magazine listed pacman as a likely candidate.. Even if you don't like pacman you have to admit his chances are pretty high..

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/11/24/onm-lists-12-characters-that-should-be-in-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/

Mega Man/Capcom rep is currently the only 3rd party Character Sakurai mentioned being possible, so that he picks Mega Man over Pac Man is pretty logical.

Sakurai is the only one who decides the roster, Namco & Miyamoto don't have a say on it. Miyamoto can suggest Pac Man, but If Sakurai says no, it is no

Btw nice roster TC

true but your assuming sakurai is automatically gonna say no, its pac-man i mean what reason wouldn't he want to include him...
---
Elektra for UMvC 3 and Pac man for SSBWIIU
#16Limelight788(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 10:41:21 AM(edited)

I understand that Pac-Man isn't just some random character, but then again, neither are the likes of Cloud and Bomberman. Yet most would agree that both are not getting in Smash 4. Pac-Man might be among the most iconic characters in video game history, but while being iconic isn't a non-factor, you'd think that Sakurai would have made room for him in Brawl.

To expand on my point as to why I don't feel Namco working with Sakurai makes Pac-Man likely, do remember that Namco is assisting with Sakurai in the gameplay department, which is where the main influence will come from. There is nothing that indicates that Namco will be helping out with character selection and Sakurai already does a good enough job with deciding which characters should be in. You're also assuming that Sakurai will add whatever popular character Namco wants in, but that's not the case. Sakurai is exceptionally strict on what third-parties get in and even said that he was "narrowing down focus" on them back in August of last year. Unless another Snake-like reveal occurs (which Pac-Man certainly wouldn't be), this means that Sakurai is going to add the very best third-parties and nothing else.

I wouldn't expect Miyamoto to make nearly as big of an impact on the roster as you think. Miyamoto might be able to suggest Pac-Man, but the ultimate decision lies in Sakurai. If Sakurai doesn't want Pac-Man (and I don't see why Sakurai would), then he won't be in and not even Miyamoto can override his decision.

There's too much I see going against Pac-Man to view him as a plausible choice, let alone make my roster prediction. He might have a slight chance of getting in just because of how iconic he is, but if that didn't get him into Brawl, then I have a hard time seeing his iconic status being enough for Sakurai to include him.

As far as I'm concern, the only third-party choices I see as realistic contenders are Mega Man and Professor Layton. For Mega Man, its because of his massive popularity and Sakurai having acknowledge his popularity back to pre-Melee time and for Layton, because Hino (president of Level-5), who is friends with Sakurai, has expressed interest in having Layton included. I don't expect to see Layton, but at least I could see why we might get him (he's my dark horse choice for a third-party).
---
Toad, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, Geno, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Ridley, Mewtwo, Deoxys, Pichu, Genesect, Roy, Palutena, Mach Rider, Ray, and Mega Man for SSB4!
#17LegendofLegaiaPosted 3/28/2013 10:40:10 AM
It's cool, but shouldn't Chrom be in there?
---
"It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it." - Kreia
#18Limelight788(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 10:52:48 AM(edited)
LegendofLegaia posted...

I knew this was going to come up.

I don't think Chrom is the guarantee that the Smash community makes him out to be. Chrom might be recent, but there has never been a proven case where recentness was the main factor in a character inclusion. Roy also outclass him in popularity in both Japan and in the West (being the most wanted in Japan and among the Top 10 in the West), not to mention that Sakurai is likely interested in bringing Roy back since he was planned for Brawl. Chrom's bland nature is also going to be an issue as he doesn't stand out in comparison to other Lords (aside from being recent).

Having said that, I do feel as Chrom is one of two possible additions from the Fire Emblem franchise (the other of course being Roy). Fire Emblem character tends to be very popular so if Sakurai feel that Chrom would be a highly popular addition, he'll add him (although its not guarantee that Sakurai will view Chrom favorably). Four Fire Emblem characters are also a possibility due to the off-chance of us getting DLC. If we get DLC characters, I do expect Roy and Chrom to be added since I do think both will be planned.

I'd put his chances at a 50/50. We'll have to see about him.
---
Toad, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, Geno, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Ridley, Mewtwo, Deoxys, Pichu, Genesect, Roy, Palutena, Mach Rider, Ray, and Mega Man for SSB4!
#19UberPyro64Posted 3/28/2013 11:09:48 AM
Limelight788 posted...
LegendofLegaia posted...

I knew this was going to come up.

I don't think Chrom is the guarantee that the Smash community makes him out to be. Chrom might be recent, but there has never been a proven case where recentness was the main factor in a character inclusion. Roy also outclass him in popularity in both Japan and in the West (being the most wanted in Japan and among the Top 10 in the West), not to mention that Sakurai is likely interested in bringing Roy back since he was planned for Brawl. Chrom's bland nature is also going to be an issue as he doesn't stand out in comparison to other Lords (aside from being recent).

Having said that, I do feel as Chrom is one of two possible additions from the Fire Emblem franchise (the other of course being Roy). Fire Emblem character tends to be very popular so if Sakurai feel that Chrom would be a highly popular addition, he'll add him (although its not guarantee that Sakurai will view Chrom favorably). Four Fire Emblem characters are also a possibility due to the off-chance of us getting DLC. If we get DLC characters, I do expect Roy and Chrom to be added since I do think both will be planned.

I'd put his chances at a 50/50. We'll have to see about him.

Except all the characters that got in had major appearances in games afterwards. Roy has not.
---
My SSB4 Roster: http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/7451/april2013roster.png
#20LegendofLegaiaPosted 3/28/2013 11:18:37 AM
Limelight788 posted...
I don't think Chrom is the guarantee that the Smash community makes him out to be. Chrom might be recent, but there has never been a proven case where recentness was the main factor in a character inclusion.

Recentness is not Chrom's only strength. It's also the fact that Awakening has been both heavily advertised (even receiving commercials in the US) and successful. Going by all of the attention that Chrom and Lucina have received in the advertisements, I'd be surprised if IS didn't end up suggesting either character to Sakurai.

not to mention that Sakurai is likely interested in bringing Roy back since he was planned for Brawl.

Then where's Dr. Mario in your roster? Going by your logic, he's more likely than Toad.

Chrom's bland nature is also going to be an issue as he doesn't stand out in comparison to other Lords (aside from being recent).

"Bland" how? Personality? Because personality doesn't mean **** in Smash Bros. (half of the roster says hi) and Roy doesn't exactly have much going for him in that department either.

If it's moveset potential, then Roy is a ****ing clone. The only possible way that Chrom could be more bland than that is if his moveset is a carbon copy of Marth's. Let's also not forget that he can also use lances as a Great Lord, along with the fact that he can class change into other job classes. It's not like he's lacking potential.
---
"It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it." - Kreia