Three candidates for a realistic/predictiony sort of roster!

#1sterlingtygerPosted 3/26/2013 9:59:07 PM
Which one is better? - Results (40 votes)
http://i.imgur.com/A7qeFRc.png The No Melee Vets Roster; 44 characters
25% (10 votes)
http://i.imgur.com/gUQZWrP.png The Melee Vets Roster; 49 characters
25% (10 votes)
http://i.imgur.com/VW4fcuQ.png The Reduced Melee Vets Roster; 45 characters
7.5% (3 votes)
They all suck, because... (PLEASE GIVE REASONS.)
42.5% (17 votes)
This poll is now closed.
The first roster is about as minimal as they get; Brawl, minus Lucario and Ike in favor of their newer flavor of month buddies(unknown 6th Gen Rep and Chrom), plus the most boring, predictable characters. Takamaru, K. Rool, Ridley, Palutena, Shulk, Pac-Man. The few interesting characters are Villager, Isaac and Mega Man, and even those are very predictable.
Boring? Absolutely. Likely? ... A little bit, yeah.

Note that for any of these rosters, Pac Man may be a different Namco rep. And in the same vein, Villager might be a different Animal Crossing rep(Tom Nook, Resetti, Totakeke?) These are just the ones I expect.

The second roster is based in a somewhat plausible thought; Mewtwo was cut from Brawl for time, was in Melee and was planned for 64. He's obviously on the priority list, although perhaps not as high as Pikachu, Flavor of the Month, and now Pokemon Trainer. In Brawl Jigglypuff was likely a last-minute addition since he's incredibly easy to make from Kirby resources. Considering its role in that game, I find it likely.
But since Namco is helping out, and the deadline is longer since the beginning of development; might Mewtwo be complete for this game? But, since Jigglypuff's easy to make and loved well enough, and an original moveset, no reason to cut her, right? And since Sakurai obviously places at least some stock in balancing the series, who's to say they might not add in another easily implementable character based off another that would both be returning from Melee, and was planned for Brawl?
And since there's high demand for Roy, and hey, we're bringing in a couple clones anyway...
Oh, wait... that's 47. So I rounded up here, and added Dillon and Little Mac, both very likely characters as well, but I believe at least somewhat lower priority than the 11 newcomers from the first roster.

But maybe that's too many? Sakurai did say he'd be placing less emphasis on character roster this time around.
Hence the third roster. Cutting Dillon and Little Mac is a no-brainer since I threw them in as essentially filler(although they might be other characters instead), and Roy doesn't really need to be there either; and then, to make it a nice even 45, I cut Palutena, simply for being... well, extra representation for a series that doesn't need it, for one thing.

So, which one of these rosters do you find best? Be sure to consider both likelihood, and how much you'd personally enjoy it.
And if you wanted to go for some analysis, tell me where I'm right and where I'm wrong, that'd be nifty keen. This is the first realistic roster I've made in months. (although I did have some nice fun making a cool wishlist-type roster, and a roster based purely around the idea of a game for Nintendo All-Stars!)
#2DasDavidPosted 3/26/2013 11:22:34 PM
I'd be pretty satisfied with the first roster, minus I really want at least one Star Fox rep gone, I don't agree with Animal Crossing being likely at all and I personally won't be 100% happy if the roster doesn't end up having Lloyd.

yeah yeah, I know, "Prepare not to be 100% happy" whatever, a guy can hope =P
---
-->MY<-- Latest SSB4 Roster.
http://i.imgur.com/GEE3K3d.png
#3CanyouGuessPosted 3/26/2013 11:46:16 PM
Third one, mainly because the only Melee vet I really care about is Mewtwo.
---
Megaman for Smash Bros. 4!
I heavily dislike My Little Pony
#4Doug314Posted 3/27/2013 1:29:11 AM
They're all bad since they have Pac-Man and no good FE newcomers.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB4
"I'm willing to bet money that Waluigi, Chrom and K. Rool are in this game" -DynasticAnthony
#5MajinKogahazanPosted 3/27/2013 4:37:14 AM
Doug314 posted...
They're all bad since they have Pac-Man

---
Read a Nuzlocke by me and a friend at: http://blue-heracross.deviantart.com/
Dubs>Subs
#6Blazekicker27Posted 3/27/2013 4:52:32 AM
2nd since it has just about all of my most wanted newcomers and Mewtwo.
---
Official Houndoom of the Pokemon XY boards.
http://i.imgur.com/rNgxY.png
#7sterlingtyger(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 5:49:23 AM
MajinKogahazan posted...
Doug314 posted...
They're all bad since they have Pac-Man

sterlingtyger posted...

Note that for any of these rosters, Pac Man may be a different Namco rep.

:I
#8PlasmaCannonPosted 3/27/2013 7:49:40 AM
All 3 have no newcomers I want, support, or like. 1/10 to all of them (and you only get that point for keeping Jigglypuff).
---
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.
#9sterlingtyger(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 10:44:09 AM
My choice in Pac Man as a placeholder Namco rep is due simply to the fact of his icon status.
I loved Tales of Symphonia, and would love to see Lloyd.
I love Soul Calibur and strongly support the idea of a character from those games that isn't Ivy.
I would love to see Agumon or some other Digimon, and I would love plenty other more varied Namco reps.
Klonoa would rock my socks off.
In fact, as Namco goes, Pac-Man is not even one of the ones I'd be happy with.
But it's a safe choice. It's an iconic character to the company, a mascot on the same level as Mario. It's boring, but very possible.

So this Pacman slot is really a "Namco rep" slot, and Pac-Man's just the most neutral choice.

Ok? Please don't be all hating ons for Pac-Man.
#10NskiPosted 3/27/2013 5:32:28 PM
They all have the newcomers I want. Isn't that a funny thing. 10/10 haters gonna hate
---
All generalizations are false, including this one.