Which company would you like to see do a Smash Bros. type game?

#1AlWikowonkavitzPosted 3/27/2013 1:19:29 PM
Who would you want? - Results (201 votes)
SEGA
22.89% (46 votes)
NAMCO-Bandai (by itself)
11.44% (23 votes)
Indie developers (pooled together, I guess)
5.47% (11 votes)
Disney
33.33% (67 votes)
Warner Bros.
3.98% (8 votes)
Hasbro
2.49% (5 votes)
Gainax
5.97% (12 votes)
Other
14.43% (29 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Basically what the title entails. I think if developers were more competent about it, there's a lot of potential in this. Haven't included companies that have already done this or similar fighters, but you could answer "Other" and say "An improved/different version of (whatever)". As far as I know, there's already Cartoon Network, TMNT, Final Fantasy, Sony, Konami/Hudson/Takara, Shonen Jump, and Viewtiful Joe games in this style. Anything else?
---
AlWikowonkavitz is himself.
#2Frost_LASERPosted 3/27/2013 1:21:37 PM
Bandai has Gundam and Disney now has Starwars and other amazing shows.
#3bloodmage3Posted 3/27/2013 1:22:44 PM
Disney. Easy. Ursula vs Darth Vader vs Spiderman vs Buzz Lightyear. How can anybody say no to that?
---
They're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, and they're behind us. They can't get away this time!
#4AlWikowonkavitz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 1:30:04 PM
bloodmage3 posted...
Disney. Easy. Ursula vs Darth Vader vs Spiderman vs Buzz Lightyear. How can anybody say no to that?

That's what I voted for, but people are underestimating Warner Bros., which could be equally insane. They own DC, Looney Tunes, Hanna-Barbera, Cartoon Network, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, the Matrix, Mortal Kombat, Scribblenauts, and a bunch of other things...
---
#5bloodmage3Posted 3/27/2013 1:32:49 PM
AlWikowonkavitz posted...
bloodmage3 posted...

That's what I voted for, but people are underestimating Warner Bros., which could be equally insane. They own DC, Looney Tunes, Hanna-Barbera, Cartoon Network, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, the Matrix, Mortal Kombat, Scribblenauts, and a bunch of other things...

I didn't actually know that.

Still. Taz vs Batman vs Dumbledore vs Sauron... That may win in coolness but not in nostalgia.
---
They're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, and they're behind us. They can't get away this time!
#6LittlejefferyPosted 3/27/2013 1:35:28 PM
Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion 2 (that game NEEDS a sequel)

Nickolodeon Smash Bros

Sega Smash Bros

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale 2

The party-fighter genre NEEDS more games.
---
SSBB fc: 4855-0629-0547 Name: WL
Mario Kart Wii fc: 0216-7101-8263 Name: Waluigi
#7MottmanPosted 3/27/2013 1:35:43 PM
On the one hand, SEGA has tons of great franchises that they could draw from for a Smash Bros-type game, more than most publishers.

On the other hand, they'd probably screw the roster up by having Sonic reps make up half the roster, and overlook tons of fan favorite options.

I'll vote SEGA anyway. Hope springs eternal, I guess.
---
"If a beautiful woman with a big chest is in trouble, save them even if it means your life."
- Shing Meteoryte, Tales of Hearts
#8AlWikowonkavitz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 1:40:23 PM
bloodmage3 posted...
AlWikowonkavitz posted...
bloodmage3 posted...

I didn't actually know that.

Still. Taz vs Batman vs Dumbledore vs Sauron... That may win in coolness but not in nostalgia.

Most of the WB (and owned) cartoons are about as nostalgic for me, but I think Disney is more cohesively a "thing" for people.
---
#9MottmanPosted 3/27/2013 1:44:31 PM
By the way, I'm surprised Capcom isn't on the poll. I know they already do a lot of crossover fighters of the more traditional variety, but they don't do anything quite like Smash Bros, and they certainly have enough franchises that they could.

Konami could also be an option, if they'd ever bother to revive half of their older awesome franchises like Twinbee, Parodius, and Goemon.
---
"If a beautiful woman with a big chest is in trouble, save them even if it means your life."
- Shing Meteoryte, Tales of Hearts
#10AlWikowonkavitz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 1:46:56 PM
Mottman posted...
By the way, I'm surprised Capcom isn't on the poll. I know they already do a lot of crossover fighters of the more traditional variety, but they don't do anything quite like Smash Bros, and they certainly have enough franchises that they could.

Konami could also be an option, if they'd ever bother to revive half of their older awesome franchises like Twinbee, Parodius, and Goemon.

I suppose this is what "Other" is for. Didn't include CAPCOM for the reason you stated, and Konami would also be good to revisit after that Dream Mix TV Fighters thing we didn't get.
---