This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Popeye for Smash!

• Topic Archived
3 years ago#1
Miyamoto wanted to do Popeye prior to Donkey Kong. And isn't he public domain by now?
http://i.imgur.com/ZOdcN.png
We Are XROS HEART!
3 years ago#2
No thanks. Video game characters only, please.
"It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it." - Kreia
3 years ago#3
His earlier cartoons are public domain, but his character itself is still copyrighted.
Even if they could get him, I don't think Popeye would be good for Smash Brothers. Besides not being an original video game character, I can't imagine him being very interesting to play as. Throwing anchors, using his pipe to fly, punching... Final Smash being spinach.
White FC: 1034 0534 2444
3 years ago#4
Wimpy for smash!
I'm not even going to try to make my sig stand out like most people do.
"I've seen this sig several different times." ~Maj_Massacre
3 years ago#5
Nanabobo posted...
His earlier cartoons are public domain, but his character itself is still copyrighted.
Even if they could get him, I don't think Popeye would be good for Smash Brothers. Besides not being an original video game character, I can't imagine him being very interesting to play as. Throwing anchors, using his pipe to fly, punching... Final Smash being spinach.

>implying what you listed isn't interesting

wat
Fetish Kick!
Surefire way to make me post in a topic? Try inb4ing me.
3 years ago#6
Considering Mario wouldn't exist if it weren't for Popeye, he is the one non-game character that could be considered important to Nintendo.
Sorry, there's nothing here.
3 years ago#7
Considering Mario wouldn't exist if it weren't for Popeye, he is the one non-game character that could be considered important to Nintendo.

It wasn't for Popeye. If it were, we wouldn't have Mario.
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. In NGE, Doritos are perishable goods
3 years ago#8
I can pretty much see this:

- Popeye Punch - chargeable punch that can reflect attacks, deal moderate damage, break guards AND move, but cannot be "stored"
- Pipe Fly - uses his pipe to fly; has a trajectory like Lucario's ExtremeSpeed but can deal damage
- Anchors Away - hurls an anchor; charging has him swing the anchor around him, which deals damage; more charge has the anchor travel further and deal more damage
- Twister Punch - multi hit drill punch that moves Popeye forward
- Spinach - super buff mode that enhances Popeye's attacks
http://i.imgur.com/ZOdcN.png
We Are XROS HEART!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived