An attempt at a Character Roster

#1BobGuy128Posted 3/29/2013 2:42:14 PM
I decided to make a roster. I will list the characters I chose, reasons for including them, and various notes and changes to existing characters.

Mario:
Mario
Luigi (DownB changed to Poltergust 5000)
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Paper Mario (Moveset revolves around hammers, partners, pixls, and stickers; plays completely different from Mario)

Wario:
Wario (moveset tweaked to include more moves from Wario Land/World)
Waluigi (moveset inspired by sports/party games; designed to be the ultimate troll character)

DK:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
K. Rool

Legend of Zelda:
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf (new moveset involving his sword; Old moveset given to Black Shadow)
Toon Link (new moveset using items from Wind Waker, Minish Cap and Spirit Tracks; Final Smash summons Four Swords Links)

Metroid:
Samus/ Zero Suit Samus

Ridley not included. Due to the fact that the games always take place from Samus's point of view, he always appears huge, and seeing him scaled down would be just... Weird. Bowser, who is playable in sports/kart games, does not have this problem.

Kirby:
Kirby
Meta Knight
Dedede

Star Fox:
Fox
Falco (new final smash: Arwing)
Wolf (new final smash: Wolfen)

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff (at this point, it would be weird to get rid of Jiggs.)
Pokemon Trainer
Mewtwo
Gen 6 'mon (assuming one becomes as popular as Lucario; other wise Lucario can stay)

F-Zero:
Captain Falcon
Black Shadow (inherits Ganondorfs old moveset)

Mother:
Ness (I never played Earthbound, but I heard PK Rockin' would make a great Final Smash)
Lucas

Fire Emblem:
Marth (As the first Lord, he gets to stay)
Chrom

When Melee was released, Roy was the most recent Lord. When Brawl was made, Ike was the most recent, and replaced Roy. As Chrom is currently the most recent Lord, I have a feeling Ike will be replaced.

Other:
Pit (ablility to switch between Brawl moveset and a new one using weapons from Uprising)
Olimar
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Mr. Game & Watch
Takumaru (I admit it, I'm only considering this due to Nintendo Land)
Little Mac
Issac (I never played Golden Sun, but I thought his Assist in brawl was cool)
Saki (ditto)

Third Party:
Snake
Sonic
Megaman
Shin Megami Tensei character (due to that crossover with Fire Emblem that was announced)

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Criticisms?
---
Sorry, there's nothing here.
#2PaulMalucciMDPosted 3/29/2013 2:46:38 PM
Seems pretty realistic to me.
---
-Sent from one of my four iPads-
#3liveman789Posted 3/29/2013 2:58:35 PM
Waluigi isn't from the Wario series.
#4albertojz356Posted 3/29/2013 3:00:53 PM
Waluigi isn't from the Wario series. I suggest adding Palutena.
---
Pauline, Palutena, Medusa, Cptn. Syrup, Mike Jones, Andy, Lip, Eirika, Bayonetta, Mr. Peepers, Micaiah, Birdo, Anna, Lyn, & Shantae for SSB4!
#5BobGuy128(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 3:07:49 PM
I grouped Waluigi with Wario because of how they're always grouped together in the spinoff games, and some refer to them as the Wario Bros.

I didn't include Palutena because she fits into more of a support role. Maybe, on a new Kid Icarus stage, allow Pit to call her, similar to Snake's codec conversations?
---
#6liveman789Posted 3/29/2013 3:09:15 PM
BobGuy128 posted...
I grouped Waluigi with Wario because of how they're always grouped together in the spinoff games, and some refer to them as the Wario Bros.

I didn't include Palutena because she fits into more of a support role. Maybe, on a new Kid Icarus stage, allow Pit to call her, similar to Snake's codec conversations?

I agree with you to some extent with Palutena, but others are going to kill you.
#7Hero_Of_DarknesPosted 3/29/2013 3:10:55 PM
BobGuy128 posted...
I decided to make a roster. I will list the characters I chose, reasons for including them, and various notes and changes to existing characters.

Mario:
Mario
Luigi (DownB changed to Poltergust 5000)
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Paper Mario (Moveset revolves around hammers, partners, pixls, and stickers; plays completely different from Mario)

Wario:
Wario (moveset tweaked to include more moves from Wario Land/World)
Waluigi (moveset inspired by sports/party games; designed to be the ultimate troll character)

DK:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
K. Rool

Legend of Zelda:
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf (new moveset involving his sword; Old moveset given to Black Shadow)
Toon Link (new moveset using items from Wind Waker, Minish Cap and Spirit Tracks; Final Smash summons Four Swords Links)

Metroid:
Samus/ Zero Suit Samus

Ridley not included. Due to the fact that the games always take place from Samus's point of view, he always appears huge, and seeing him scaled down would be just... Weird. Bowser, who is playable in sports/kart games, does not have this problem.

Kirby:
Kirby
Meta Knight
Dedede

Star Fox:
Fox
Falco (new final smash: Arwing)
Wolf (new final smash: Wolfen)

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff (at this point, it would be weird to get rid of Jiggs.)
Pokemon Trainer
Mewtwo
Gen 6 'mon (assuming one becomes as popular as Lucario; other wise Lucario can stay)

F-Zero:
Captain Falcon
Black Shadow (inherits Ganondorfs old moveset)

Mother:
Ness (I never played Earthbound, but I heard PK Rockin' would make a great Final Smash)
Lucas

Fire Emblem:
Marth (As the first Lord, he gets to stay)
Chrom

When Melee was released, Roy was the most recent Lord. When Brawl was made, Ike was the most recent, and replaced Roy. As Chrom is currently the most recent Lord, I have a feeling Ike will be replaced.

Other:
Pit (ablility to switch between Brawl moveset and a new one using weapons from Uprising)
Olimar
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Mr. Game & Watch
Takumaru (I admit it, I'm only considering this due to Nintendo Land)
Little Mac
Issac (I never played Golden Sun, but I thought his Assist in brawl was cool)
Saki (ditto)

Third Party:
Snake
Sonic
Megaman
Shin Megami Tensei character (due to that crossover with Fire Emblem that was announced)

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Criticisms?

I like the roster a lot...but you lost me when you didn't add Ridley because of the whole his to big argument and again when you added the Shin Megami Tensei character. Other then that its a really good roster and I would be happy if it turn out like this. But i have to say i hope Ghirahim gets in as well...he kinda of grow on me.

I hope they give Toon Link a WW moveset too. I've been saying this ever since Brawl came out!
---
Paper Mario, Megaman, and Vatti for SSB4
#8Dustof_DryBonesPosted 3/29/2013 3:31:23 PM
I suggest adding Shulk to the roster.
---
Ahoy, matey!
#9ThatPersonGuyPosted 3/29/2013 3:40:01 PM
I shake my head.

Two Mario Reps?

Black Shadow?

No Ridley OR Shulk?

A STM Character, all for ONE GAME?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yItm3iAonVo
Message board arguments in a nutshell.
#10BobGuy128(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 3:46:28 PM
Characters like Bowser and Olimar can be resized due to the fact they are playable in other games; You can view the world through their eyes. Ridley never really had something like that; he always was a giant monster. Resizing him would be weird to me. But thats my opinion.

I don't really know why I added the Shin Megami Tensei character. I guess I was trying to think of Third Parties that could be traced to Nintendo in some way, and that crossover stuck out in my mind. Maybe I should actually play one of those games before I add characters from them. ._.

I am not familiar with Shulk. What game is he/she from?
---