In SSB4, do you think Mario will be inspired by Galaxy, or the recent stuff?

#1ItsKaljinyuTimePosted 3/29/2013 3:35:47 PM
Stylistically, I mean.

In Brawl, Mario had his FLUDD for his Down-B. Mario was inspired by Super Mario Sunshine then, because it was the most relevant Mario game at the time of Brawl's development. FLUDD, Petey Piranha, Delfino Isle, that was the Mario style for Brawl.

But what will it be for SSB4? Galaxy? Perhaps, perhaps, but could the New Super Mario Bros. Wii and New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario 3D Land be more relevant to the times than Galaxy by now? Maybe we'll see Raccoon Mario or Flying Squirrel Mario instead of... like, Lumas and whatnot?

What do YOU think is the current face of Mario right now/was the current face of Mario in time for SSB4 development?
---
Kaljinyu
#2DasDavidPosted 3/29/2013 3:39:48 PM
I haven't really touched the NSMB games, so in my mind Mario right now IS Galaxy Mario. However, I genuinely hope that because he's been so all over the place lately, there will be a more balanced representation between his side-scrolling games and the full 3D platforming games.
---
-->MY<-- Latest SSB4 Roster.
http://i.imgur.com/wbYXhbE.jpg
#3BobGuy128Posted 3/29/2013 3:57:01 PM
I would love Rosalina to be an assist. Plus Galaxy has some amazing songs that could be used. I hope Nintendo recognizes how popular Galaxy was.
---
Sorry, there's nothing here.
#4ChrisCanbergPosted 3/29/2013 5:41:40 PM
I've said it a few other times but i'm not so concerned with Mario's moves, the only thing that I'm 100% convinced on Galaxy related, is replacing his Up+B with shooting from a launch star. Limited duration, angle it as you want, a little bit of damage on impact.
#5ItsKaljinyuTime(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 5:52:05 PM
ChrisCanberg posted...
I've said it a few other times but i'm not so concerned with Mario's moves, the only thing that I'm 100% convinced on Galaxy related, is replacing his Up+B with shooting from a launch star. Limited duration, angle it as you want, a little bit of damage on impact.

That's kinda specifically what I was driving at, I was thinking if 3D Land and the new side scrollers are considered the relevant face of Mario today, his Up+B might be the Flying Squirrel Suit. But if it was Galaxy, it might be a Launch Star.
---
Kaljinyu
#6thebrawler56Posted 3/29/2013 5:54:55 PM
BobGuy128 posted...
I would love Rosalina to be an assist. Plus Galaxy has some amazing songs that could be used. I hope Nintendo recognizes how popular Galaxy was.

Popular enough to warrant a direct sequel. I *still* play galaxy and I'm not ashamed of it!
---
OFFICIAL CAPTAIN FALCON OF THE SUPER SMASH BROS. U BOARD.
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/2373567/falcon-punch-o.gif .Falcon Paradox!
#7MrSpacelySlatePosted 3/29/2013 8:19:29 PM
For better or worse, NSMB is going to have bigger priority than Galaxy.

The good news is that it means crap like Rosalina won't make it beyond a trophy, let alone a sticker.
#8DaisyfanboyPosted 3/29/2013 8:21:18 PM
MrSpacelySlate posted...
For better or worse, NSMB is going to have bigger priority than Galaxy.

The good news is that it means crap like Rosalina won't make it beyond a trophy, let alone a sticker.

Silence fool, you hate Xenoblade and that's just weird.

And you're insane if you think Rosalina won't be a trophy or sticker.
---
So I'm still waiting for Daisy to reappear in something that's not a spinoff.
I'll probably end up dying first or something but optimism is fun.
#9XxWontonxXPosted 3/29/2013 8:50:39 PM
I really hope there are Mario Galaxy elements in SSB4. Both games were fantastic, especially the first one.
---
Palutena, Micaiah, Shulk, Chrom, Female Pokemon Trainer, Roy, Ashley, Mona, and 6th Gen Pokemon for SSB4.
#10bestssbbfanPosted 3/29/2013 11:57:15 PM
I still think mario galaxy warrants a stage.
---
Created 6/12/2011
This sig will not change until mewtwo is confirmed in Super Smash Bros 4!