Your reaction: All menus, modes and other tidbits are unlocked this way.

#1BigSharkZPosted 3/29/2013 10:20:18 PM(edited)
By playing the story mode. Basically, there would be parts where you get to visit areas (Not only in 2D but in 3D as well), some being friendly of course.

Friendly areas would have shops, inns and other places where you can sleep for the night to reset your percentage (This feature could be disabled for easier modes and instead give you a heart container item), buy items to use in the story mode, buy costumes and colors, upgrades, etc.

For example, in Skyloft you can purchase upgrades for Link's gear. By jumping out of the town into the world below, you would arrive at a Pokémon city, where you can purchase Pokéballs for Red to catch Pokémon. To make it a lot more simple, the Pokémon you catch (After battling them of course) would become stickers and/or trophies.

Follow Route 11 and you arrive in the Mushroom Kingdom, where you can purchase upgrades for Mario's hammer and FLUDD, food and items from the Paper Mario sellers or upgrades for Luigi's vacuum from E. Gadd.

Where would that money come from? Easy! By fighting and exploring, you could find currency from many Nintendo games, whether it's coins, Pokédollars or rupees. The catch to this is that you can only use for example rupees in Zelda areas, obviously. Some people though could accept different currencies for various reasons, and some could even get to convert them for you.

However, not areas would be friendly, so items found in dangerous areas would be in Pokéballs, Metroid tanks, chests, ? blocks, etc.

All of the items that affect equipment would be visible in-game, and to balance it out, in versus mode or online mode, they wouldn't have any effects. However, they could implement a mode in which you actually get to use your upgrades online. Since there would be a lot of different upgrades, everyone would have their own set of items to use online.

Modes, challenges and other things could be accessed from either completing certain tasks or meeting strangers that give them to you.

I think this would be amazing and could be very well implemented by the Tales team. What do you think of this idea?

Oh, and the very least, for those who want the game to only be about fighting, then I think they should make it so you can still buy stuff from a shop, but that shop would be a "mode" just like Dragon Ball games, where you can purchase various things by using currency or points you get from battling. I'd also love to see customizable options such as changing Link's shield, Mario's costume, Samus's armor, etc. and be able to recolor them.

---
PSN: MounirJemily
#2xgiraffes13xPosted 3/29/2013 10:20:31 PM
Oh my god. This is genius! This man has won the internet!
This sounds fun, invigorating and a great solution to the filth land called the SSE.
I can just imagine running through Hyrule slashing Re-Deads in half with the Monado!
Are you Sakurai in disguise? I think this is a leak.
---
My Dream SSB4 Roster - http://tinyurl.com/az7b2j4
3 months until E3! *fangirls*
#3SmallerRidleyPosted 3/29/2013 10:23:30 PM
Depends. How much of the game do you start with?
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. In NGE, Doritos are perishable goods
#4BigSharkZ(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 10:28:08 PM(edited)
xgiraffes13x posted...
Oh my god. This is genius! This man has won the internet!
This sounds fun, invigorating and a great solution to the filth land called the SSE.
I can just imagine running through Hyrule slashing Re-Deads in half with the Monado!
Are you Sakurai in disguise? I think this is a leak.

*laughs*

I mean.. nah, I'm not Sakurai! Or am I?

In all seriousness, thanks for liking my idea. I'm all for fighting in this game, but I think a little bit of innovation and change wouldn't hurt. Besides, this is a story mode and not Classic Mode, so I think it should differentiate itself more and not only by having some nice cutscenes.

SmallerRidley posted...
Depends. How much of the game do you start with?

It depends on which difficulty you choose. I'm not quite sure about it but maybe for example on Very Easy you'd start with better gear and already have items and starting on Intense would have you use the weakest equipment without any items while everything costs a lot more? Normal would be the ideal choice where you start with canon gear (Weakest in most cases) but without any items.

Also, another idea for Intense would be to have a certain amount of items used in movesets. For example, you cannot use Samus's side B (missile) move until you find missile items by defeating enemies or purchase them. Same thing for Link's arrow. His charged spin attack would also not be as efficient if you lack in magic pots.
---
#5xgiraffes13xPosted 3/29/2013 10:28:43 PM
I sound like a kiss up right now, but I think you just explained my thoughts I could never put into words for a perfect story mode. I'm in love with the idea, I mean it may be too intense for casual players and little kids but I'd be spending my life on it.

I just pictured a beautiful, high def Skyrim like game but instead of Skyrim.. it's Smash Bros.
---
#6BigSharkZ(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 10:33:10 PM
xgiraffes13x posted...
I sound like a kiss up right now, but I think you just explained my thoughts I could never put into words for a perfect story mode. I'm in love with the idea, I mean it may be too intense for casual players and little kids but I'd be spending my life on it.

I just pictured a beautiful, high def Skyrim like game but instead of Skyrim.. it's Smash Bros.

Haha, thanks again for liking my idea. I think it wouldn't be that hard for casual players if they decide to play on Very Easy. There would be a lot less things to do since they would already have an advantage over enemies and bosses so it would be more focused about fighting and having fun.
---
#7SmallerRidleyPosted 3/29/2013 10:35:32 PM

...Are you in heat?
---
#8xgiraffes13xPosted 3/29/2013 10:37:15 PM
SmallerRidley posted...

...Are you in heat?

Depends.. how much money do you have?
---
#9SmallerRidleyPosted 3/29/2013 10:39:02 PM
It wouldn't matter. I don't have anything for you to breed with.
---
#10liveman789Posted 3/29/2013 10:42:06 PM
I don't think Smash Bros should transition into 3D. That'd take a lot of effort that could be instead put into more important things.