This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your reaction: All menus, modes and other tidbits are unlocked this way.

#11BigSharkZ(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 9:47:32 PM
liveman789 posted...
I don't think Smash Bros should transition into 3D. That'd take a lot of effort that could be instead put into more important things.

Let's say the game is delayed so they have time to do everything, including having 3D segments. That, or there are no 3D segments at all. Would you like the idea itself?
---
PSN: MounirJemily
#12liveman789Posted 3/29/2013 9:58:58 PM
BigSharkZ posted...
liveman789 posted...
I don't think Smash Bros should transition into 3D. That'd take a lot of effort that could be instead put into more important things.

Let's say the game is delayed so they have time to do everything, including having 3D segments. That, or there are no 3D segments at all. Would you like the idea itself?

Let me make it clear first that I do like all of the other ideas.

But yeah, the other thing with the 3D segments, as cool as they would be, it may seem a bit out of place for Smash Bros. It could potentially be cool, though.
#13Doug314Posted 3/29/2013 11:42:48 PM
Oh no. Not everything should be unlocked in one mode. Not everyone will want to play one mode a huge amount, and if it's not a huge amount required, then everything would just be unlocked far too quickly by playing that particular mode. Incremental unlocking of things by doing various different things and just having fun with the game is much better IMO.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB4
"I'm willing to bet money that Waluigi, Chrom and K. Rool are in this game" -DynasticAnthony
#14DasDavidPosted 3/29/2013 11:55:08 PM
I like the idea of the mode itself a lot, but I don't believe it has to be 3D to work, nor would I personally prefer it to be in 3D.

Also yeah, not everything should be unlocked this way so my reaction might be a bit of annoyance, but overall I would really love the blending of the worlds.
---
-->MY<-- Latest SSB4 Roster.
http://i.imgur.com/wbYXhbE.jpg
#15ItsKaljinyuTimePosted 3/30/2013 3:51:12 AM
So basically a massive explorable world that combines all of the worlds of the franchises represented?

When it was suggested that SSE would be like that, people weren't into it when Brawl was coming out. But like Giraffes said, maybe Skyrim has gotten people re-interested in massive explorable worlds.

'Course, there's still the issue of people wanting to get everything as fast as possible so they can skip to the multiplayer. I think that's why people didn't want it back during the Brawl times.

Me personally, I've wanted something like that for a WHILE.
---
Kaljinyu
#16ItsKaljinyuTimePosted 3/30/2013 3:53:16 AM
Also, no 3D, please, it would be too incongruous for a game that's primarily a 2D brawler to have 3D modes incorporated when they aren't really necessary, just there to make the world seem more expansive.

One could argue you need 3D to make a massive explorable world, massive exploration isn't done well in 2D. But if they have to slap some 3D in a game that has a primarily 2D structure, maybe they should make exploration work some other way.
---
Kaljinyu
#17Doug314Posted 3/30/2013 4:06:54 AM
Oh yeah, I should've mentioned: No 3D. Ever played a metroidvania style game? They can have great explorable worlds without needing 3D. 3D would just take away so much of how this series is.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB4
"I'm willing to bet money that Waluigi, Chrom and K. Rool are in this game" -DynasticAnthony
#18cam0is0coolPosted 3/30/2013 5:36:40 AM
I like almost everything you've said! I would hope that all of the worlds you said wouldn't be liner though!
---
3DS friend code: 0516 - 7295 - 9177
I'm currently obsessed with FAIRY TAIL!!!
#19CelebityPosted 3/30/2013 7:51:13 AM
This would be stupid for Smash Bros. However, it would be perfect for the Super Smash RPG everyone wants.
---
Nintendo Network: Damon07
Playing: Twilight Princess, TWEWY, Lego City Undercover