Rate my Bowser Jr. Moveset

#1iKhanicPosted 3/29/2013 11:19:04 PM
B: Fire Breath: Pretty much a weaker version of Bowser's B. The good side is that it lasts longer
>B: Dive: Charge move. BJ dives forward at opponents, causing 25% damage with high knockback at full charge
^B: Clown Car: BJ flies up in the clown car. The propeller does 4% damage per rotation, and rotates 3 times. Low Knockback
vB: Shadow Mario: BJ transforms into Shadow Mario

Standard Moves: Bowser Jr. uses his paintbrush as a swingable weapon.

Shadow Mario IS a Mario clone, because it just makes sense that way.

B: Paint ball: Shadow mario throws a ball of paint that bounces
>B: Paint Cape
^B: Super Jump Punch
vB: Paint Spray/ Transform to BJ: Starts as a paint spray. After 5 seconds, you transform back to Bowser Jr.

Final Smash: Airship: BJ jumps into to background to his air ship, which begins firing 3 bullet bills at a time into the foreground. Each Bullet Bill does 50% damage with high knockback.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2liveman789Posted 3/29/2013 11:22:28 PM
1) Bowser Jr. having a fire breathing move when two others already do would be kind of lame. Plus, I think he only did it once in the Mario series.

2) Why even have Shadow Mario as an option if he's just a Mario clone? Just give Bowser Jr. and actual Down B move.

3) He should have more moves that revolve around his gadgets (Bullet Bill, etc.). That's what he's all about in the Mario games.
#3iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 11:44:17 PM
liveman789 posted...
2) Why even have Shadow Mario as an option if he's just a Mario clone? Just give Bowser Jr. and actual Down B move.

I feel like Shadow Mario should get some representation if BJ is in the game.

And just like Toon Link is necessarily a clone of Link, Shadow Mario is necessarily a clone of Mario
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#4liveman789Posted 3/29/2013 11:47:24 PM
iKhanic posted...
liveman789 posted...

And just like Toon Link is necessarily a clone of Link, Shadow Mario is necessarily a clone of Mario

But why? He was only in one game. Ever since then, BJ has been all about gadgets and machines. I think it'd be really pointless to make half of Bowser Jr's moveset equal to Mario's moveset when he could have a completely original down special move.

Maybe give him a taunt where he puts the mask on for a sec, turns into Shadow Mario, laughs, then takes it off as some sort of Shadow Mario representation.
#5bestssbbfanPosted 3/29/2013 11:52:34 PM
liveman789 posted...
iKhanic posted...
liveman789 posted...

But why? He was only in one game. Ever since then, BJ has been all about gadgets and machines. I think it'd be really pointless to make half of Bowser Jr's moveset equal to Mario's moveset when he could have a completely original down special move.

Maybe give him a taunt where he puts the mask on for a sec, turns into Shadow Mario, laughs, then takes it off as some sort of Shadow Mario representation.

I came here to say this.
---
Created 6/12/2011
This sig will not change until mewtwo is confirmed in Super Smash Bros 4!
#6DasDavidPosted 3/30/2013 12:33:59 AM
Bowser Jr.'s moveset itself is good, but yeah, the transformation don't sit right with me. And I wouldn't say that Toon Link is "necessarily" a clone of Link. There's enough that they could be different.

Back to BJ,imo opinion all that having Shadow Mario as you describe him would do is make Mario a bit useless. Why use normal Mario when you can basically pick the two-in-one version?
---
-->MY<-- Latest SSB4 Roster.
http://i.imgur.com/wbYXhbE.jpg
#7iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 12:36:34 AM
DasDavid posted...
Bowser Jr.'s moveset itself is good, but yeah, the transformation don't sit right with me. And I wouldn't say that Toon Link is "necessarily" a clone of Link. There's enough that they could be different.

Back to BJ,imo opinion all that having Shadow Mario as you describe him would do is make Mario a bit useless. Why use normal Mario when you can basically pick the two-in-one version?

It is my belief that second-versions of characters are necessarily clones, and it shouldn't be any other way.

For the Shadow Mario set, I would guess that there are different elements to it as well, with BJ's version hitting harder but slower.
---
#8_Super_Shadow_Posted 3/30/2013 3:21:40 AM
No, Shadow Mario adds absolutely nothing to the character,
Shadow mario being the down B to bowser Jr, is an absolutely horrible idea.
It adds absolutely nothing to the character, and doesnt change up the playstyle nearly as much as it needs to.

Not to mention making it a clone would be a waste of time and making a completely different moveset for mario would be ridiculous, and incredibly difficult to find multiple ways to turn "jumping" into a fighting form.

just no, for so many reasons.
---
Ridley, Tom Nook, Lucina, Bowser Jr, Palutena, Megaman, Lloyd Irving, and Agumon for Smash
#9Doug314Posted 3/30/2013 4:40:15 AM
No Shadow Mario. He was only in 1 game, is a generic shadow character, a complete clone, not even from that good of a game, and not that recent of a game, either. Might as well add Zoroark that can transform into a random character by pressing down B while you're at it. Oh wait, even that wouldn't be as bad lol.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB4
"I'm willing to bet money that Waluigi, Chrom and K. Rool are in this game" -DynasticAnthony
#10RegularSSBgamerPosted 3/30/2013 12:10:16 PM
The >B has to much % damage