Why so much hate for Dillon

#11harvestmoonmikePosted 3/30/2013 5:54:57 PM
Rolling Western/Dillon is made by 2nd party Vanpool, and just for that I feel like it wouldn't be prioritized much by Nintendo, just as most other 2nd party created franchises aren't.

Also it's a downloadable title, even with a sequel, it still can't compete with Triple-A games by first party Nintendo... I'm hopeful, but realistically I don't see it having a chance.
---
My SSB4 roster prediction/wishlist: generous: http://i.imgur.com/TfnNN.jpg
reduced: http://i.imgur.com/JSxGG.jpg
#12DaisyfanboyPosted 3/30/2013 6:00:13 PM
I haven't really seen hate for Dillon. Please direct me to it.
---
So I'm still waiting for Daisy to reappear in something that's not a spinoff.
I'll probably end up dying first or something but optimism is fun.
#13MeanMotorScootePosted 3/30/2013 6:23:23 PM
I've never seen any hate for him in terms of smash... no really, all the hate I've seen is for female characters, japan only characters, Shulk, and various 3rd party characters such as Sora or Megaman.

Hell, most people I've seen want him in to replace Sonic due to his ability to role into a ball, thus making Sonic obsolete.
#14FantasyFreak999Posted 3/30/2013 6:25:50 PM
I haven't played his games, but I support him. He's about as likely as Mallo from Pushmo, IMO.
---
"Run, run, or you'll be well done!"
~Kefka, Final Fantasy 6~
#15Jack_the_monke7Posted 3/30/2013 10:39:45 PM
As others have said, there isn't really much hate for Dillon. for such a small time guy he actually gets a lot of love.
---
King Boo for Super Smash Bros.
Spread the word, show your support
#16DasDavidPosted 3/30/2013 11:22:57 PM
It's not hatred of him, it's just an acknowledgment of the fact that he doesn't have all that much that makes him very likely for Smash. Even then people will include him in rosters out of sheer like of him and his potential.

Don't think I've ever heard anyone really bad-mouthing him in terms of his character or anything like that that I associate with hatred.
---
Final SSB4 prediction/wishlist before E3 2013
http://imgur.com/7gBhInU
#17Doug314Posted 3/30/2013 11:38:05 PM
He's second party and doesn't stand much chance IMO, but I really haven't seen him get much hate. Most people on here probably never played any of his game and don't know him well enough to really hate him. For a 2-game character he gets more attention than he deserves IMO. Almost every character in brawl (ignoring retros like ROB) was previously in at least 3 games. Other exceptions are from FE/Pokemon that often have different characters each time around so it's kind of expected, and Lucas, which is really an odd ball out and didn't really deserve to be added IMO.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB4
"I'm willing to bet money that Waluigi, Chrom and K. Rool are in this game" -DynasticAnthony
#18Gaming_MasteryPosted 3/31/2013 1:46:24 AM
Why are people using "second" party as evidence against him being in when it hasn't stopped Ness, Lucas or any of the pokemon?
---
Official Gaming_Mastery of the GameFAQs boards.
#19ShurikonoPosted 3/31/2013 2:20:09 AM
Gaming_Mastery posted...
Why are people using "second" party as evidence against him being in when it hasn't stopped Ness, Lucas or any of the pokemon?

Also, Dillon is apparently 1st Party, the rights of the character and the series itself are fully owned by Nintendo, Vanpool is only the developer of the game. For an example, Capcom made various pocket Zelda games, but does not own the rights to the franchise. Vanpool also made Tingle games, last time I checked, Tingle is owned also by Nintendo.
What about Star Fox Assault? Developed by Namco, but very much owned by Ninty. Nintendo has the full rights to Dillon's Rolling Western, that is what the trailers showed me anyway.
---
PSN: SuB-Bastion
#20Doug314Posted 3/31/2013 2:50:29 AM
Okay, but even if he is first party, he's still a 2-game character with a 63% on GameRankings, 65 out of 100 on Metacritic, 8 out of 10 on IGN and an A- on 1UP.com. There are lots of characters with at least 2 games and at least that good of reviews. What's so much better about him?
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB4
"I'm willing to bet money that Waluigi, Chrom and K. Rool are in this game" -DynasticAnthony