Why so much hate for Dillon

#21ShurikonoPosted 3/31/2013 4:32:01 AM
Doug314 posted...
Okay, but even if he is first party, he's still a 2-game character with a 63% on GameRankings, 65 out of 100 on Metacritic, 8 out of 10 on IGN and an A- on 1UP.com. There are lots of characters with at least 2 games and at least that good of reviews. What's so much better about him?

Sakurai complained about the absence of new Nintendo IP's during Brawl.
Between Pikmin and Brawl, there was a huge gap and a significant lack of new Nintendo IP's. Capt. Olimar made it into Brawl, he represented the Pikmin franchise, which at the time, consisted of two entries in the series.

If we look at the time between post Brawl and now, there has been a small boost in new IP's, namely: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Pandora's Tower, Disaster - Day of Crisis and Dillon's Rolling Western. There are prolly a few more but these are the one that came up in my head.

Out of those, only Dillon's Rolling Western, and seemingly Xenoblade, are franchises. Dillon is a perfect fit for a game like Smash Bros.
He is new, relevant and a critter that could represent Nintendo's eShop as a whole. Be that in a playable form or AT of some sort, that is a different matter. In my opinion, he is what Masahiro Sakurai was looking for, a new protagonist from a new series from Nintendo.
---
PSN: SuB-Bastion
#22IngSlayerPosted 3/31/2013 6:54:16 AM
Who "hates" Dillon?
---
Sedix: Baffling Artist
#23SmashChuPosted 3/31/2013 9:37:49 AM
"Rolling Western/Dillon is made by 2nd party Vanpool, and just for that I feel like it wouldn't be prioritized much by Nintendo, just as most other 2nd party created franchises aren't."

Not true. Nintendo retains full rights over the game. Vanpool is credited as an author.

2012 Nintendo. Nintendo properties are trademarks of Nintendo.
http://dillonsrollingwestern.nintendo.com/
#24RajakaiTheBeastPosted 3/31/2013 10:04:15 AM
MeanMotorScoote posted...
I've never seen any hate for him in terms of smash... no really, all the hate I've seen is for female characters, japan only characters, Shulk, and various 3rd party characters such as Sora or Megaman.

Hell, most people I've seen want him in to replace Sonic due to his ability to role into a ball, thus making Sonic obsolete.

Sonic deserves to be in ssb4 he is video game icon but dillon is from a downloadable game published by 2nd party company. Even if he is getting 2nd game his chances are real slim
---
Yeah,more spondoli.
*Conker's bad fur day*
#25JangobadassPosted 3/31/2013 10:07:19 AM
SmallerRidley posted...
Chomper4 posted...
Why so much apathy for Dillon

This. Not many people hate, he's just not widely supported. There's a difference.
---
6 episodes in a row of Team Plasma?
...m-my body isn't ready. I don't think it could ever be...
#26Chomper4(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 1:52:12 PM
Sometimes not widely supported characters make it in the game. Take the Pokemon Trainer for example.
#27SmallerRidleyPosted 4/3/2013 2:00:59 PM
But what does that have to do with your question?
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. In NGE, Doritos are perishable goods
#28XxWontonxXPosted 4/3/2013 2:16:47 PM
Don't really care about Dillon nor do I see what is so great about him.
---
Palutena, Micaiah, Shulk, Chrom, Female Pokemon Trainer, Roy, Ashley, Mona, and 6th Gen Pokemon for SSB4.
#29Chomper4(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 3:57:14 AM
XxWontonxX posted...
Don't really care about Dillon nor do I see what is so great about him.

He can show that you can be playable even if your games are only boughg from the Nintendo eShop.
#30Chomper4(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 4:01:18 AM
Jangobadass posted...
SmallerRidley posted...
Chomper4 posted...
Why so much apathy for Dillon

This. Not many people hate, he's just not widely supported. There's a difference.

But he could still get in.