This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people think so many unlikely characters are shoo-ins?

#11PaulMalucciMDPosted 3/30/2013 3:05:02 PM
The characters you mention, sans Little Mac have no importance to Nintendo's history.
---
-Sent from one of my four iPads-
#12l33t_iRk3n_Rm33Posted 3/30/2013 3:05:48 PM
We don't. Saying it would be awesome that, say, Ashley got in the game by some act of God, is not implying that it will happen for sure.

What Dehsoo's doing, however...
---
"I'm not sick of Nintendo making good games. Just like I'm not sick of pizza, sex, and Doctor Who." - BlackWizardMagus
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg
#13DasDavidPosted 3/30/2013 3:21:23 PM
Thanks for trying to keep my anticipation down by giving me the absolute criteria about what is likely and what isn't, since after all, another person's definition of what I should expect is what matters to me.

But in all seriousness, I'm a big boy. Whether what I want gets into the game or not, I can handle disappointment.

That said other than Ridley I don't consider any of the characters you "argued" against likely nor do I want them in.
---
-->MY<-- Latest SSB4 Roster.
http://i.imgur.com/wbYXhbE.jpg
#14SmokedChiliPosted 3/30/2013 4:27:25 PM
The only way Ridley could even be in is by being a boss again.

As a playable character? That's too much of a stretch, I tell you. I just don't see how in bloody hell that would happen.
---
I'm up to my nipples in stupid Internet arguments.
#15DasDavidPosted 3/30/2013 4:33:12 PM
SmokedChili posted...

As a playable character? That's too much of a stretch, I tell you. I just don't see how in bloody hell that would happen.

I just don't see what apart from size is really working against him, and the PSA's that have him playing, imo, more than reasonably well are reasons I don't consider it a stretch.

I'm not asking you to agree or saying you have to think he's likely, but I just don't see how in bloody hell people say he's impossible as a playable character when at most he'd a bit troublesome.
---
-->MY<-- Latest SSB4 Roster.
http://i.imgur.com/wbYXhbE.jpg
#16dehsooPosted 3/30/2013 4:36:17 PM
l33t_iRk3n_Rm33 posted...
We don't. Saying it would be awesome that, say, Ashley got in the game by some act of God, is not implying that it will happen for sure.

get off my nuts bruv
#17PlasmaCannonPosted 3/30/2013 4:39:42 PM
dehsoo posted...

get off my nuts bruv

Stop acting like you are nuts.
---
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.
#18ViewtifulGenePosted 3/30/2013 4:43:32 PM(edited)
SmokedChili posted...

It's called making him smaller. There is no requirement to follow canon size in a non-canon game. If his wings and tail take up too much space, there's already precedent for Ridley having smaller wings and a shorter tail in Super Metroid. And design changes are not out of the question when it happened to Pit and Wolf in Brawl.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#19dehsooPosted 3/30/2013 4:45:17 PM
PlasmaCannon posted...
dehsoo posted...

get off my nuts bruv

Stop acting like you are nuts.

So if I like Sora or Cloud that means I'm nuts?

Go away troll.
#20SmallerRidleyPosted 3/30/2013 4:46:32 PM
So if I like Sora or Cloud that means I'm nuts?

No.

But you are nuts.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. In NGE, Doritos are perishable goods