I've been wondering about Shulk

#1Sponge7137Posted 3/30/2013 2:39:59 PM
What is it that is so appreciated about him for him to warrant a spot? Don't get me wrong though, i played Xenoblade till the end and i love the guy and the cast in general. But what is it that makes him so special compared to say Reyn, Dunban or even Fiora for him to get in there.

Is it just cause he's the main character and you want an excuse to have the awesomly jaw breaking fantastic piece of soundtracks that come with the game itself in a game like smash? That said i'm rooting for him myself and I will play him and have fun but I want to know your reasons.
#2retrogamer28Posted 3/30/2013 2:49:13 PM
Yeah, it's mostly because he's the main character. I mean, if you're gonna put someone from a new series in SSB, why wouldn't you use the main character? That's why Brawl got Sonic and not Knuckles.
#3dezmomoPosted 3/30/2013 2:54:35 PM
Because he's the main character.
It's like putting Blue or Green as Pokemon Trainer instead of Red. You should just go with the main character if only one of them is going in.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/63766483/713440189
Official Squirtle of the Pokemon BW (2) Boards
#4Sponge7137(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 2:58:13 PM
Okay i can understand that, it makes sense. Xenoblade definitely deserves a rep IMO. Or at least a stage and some music
#5MottmanPosted 3/30/2013 4:40:47 PM
Sponge7137 posted...
Is it just cause he's the main character and you want an excuse to have the awesomly jaw breaking fantastic piece of soundtracks that come with the game itself in a game like smash?

This is basically my reason, yes. Shulk makes the most sense because he's the main character, and I want several songs from that masterpiece that is Xenoblade's soundtrack to be in SSB4.
---
"If a beautiful woman with a big chest is in trouble, save them even if it means your life."
- Shing Meteoryte, Tales of Hearts
#6MrSpacelySlatePosted 3/30/2013 8:03:23 PM
Just because it's the newest doesn't mean it'll get a playable character.

There was plenty of new stuff after Pikmin before Brawl, and Pikmin was the newest series to get a playable character. Doesn't mean it'll happen here.
#7Dustof_DryBonesPosted 3/30/2013 8:14:02 PM
MrSpacelySlate posted...
Just because it's the newest doesn't mean it'll get a playable character.

There was plenty of new stuff after Pikmin before Brawl, and Pikmin was the newest series to get a playable character. Doesn't mean it'll happen here.

Like I said in another topic, Sakurai explicitly stated how disappointed he was that Pikmin was the most recent series to get playable representation in Brawl. Unless he's gone completely senile, he'll probably seek to rectify that with this game.
---
Ahoy, matey!
#8MrSpacelySlatePosted 3/31/2013 10:00:12 AM
Dustof_DryBones posted...
Like I said in another topic, Sakurai explicitly stated how disappointed he was that Pikmin was the most recent series to get playable representation in Brawl. Unless he's gone completely senile, he'll probably seek to rectify that with this game.

He's already gone beyond senile. He's the guy who added tripping.