With the recent re-release of Mother 2 on the Japan VC...

#1NavidsonRecordPosted 3/31/2013 4:20:13 PM
Would it be safe to assume that Ness will continue to represent the Mother series in the upcoming Smash Bros game? I see people discussing Ness and Lucas and the potential chopping block, and since Mother 2 is currently relevant in Japan again, I'd say that at least Ness will remain.
---
Previously erksage.
Mother 3 to America!....right?
#2thebrawler56Posted 3/31/2013 4:21:56 PM
Ness is a keeper. It's Lucas you should worry about.
---
OFFICIAL CAPTAIN FALCON OF THE SUPER SMASH BROS. U BOARD.
Wants to be an Official Pokemon of the X board, but don't know how.
#3NavidsonRecord(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 4:23:18 PM
thebrawler56 posted...
Ness is a keeper. It's Lucas you should worry about.

Yeah, I am. haha. I love the Mother series, but I don't think it necessarily needs two reps. As much as I'd love to see both of the heroes in the next game, I'd say it's equally as likely as it is unlikely to see Lucas appear.
---
Previously erksage.
#4CanyouGuessPosted 3/31/2013 4:24:57 PM
Ness is one of the original 12, so him leaving is pretty unlikely. I remember everyone thinking he'd be left out of Brawl, but he got in all the same.
---
Megaman for Smash Bros. 4!
I heavily dislike My Little Pony
#5UberPyro64Posted 3/31/2013 4:25:31 PM
I'm not worried for either. I doubt either will be cut.

Only Toon Link, Ike, Lucario and the third parties you should worry about.
---
My SSB4 Roster: http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/7451/april2013roster.png
#6Limelight788Posted 3/31/2013 4:41:56 PM
I don't see any reason for us to worry about Ness or Lucas getting in.

Their chance would be the same with or without a release of the game on the Japanese Virtual Console.

Now what I would like to see to see NOA do is to release the game on the Virtual Console. Unfortunately, they'll keep hiding behind the "legal issues" excuse and continue to prove that they hate Mother fans (or at least couldn't care less).
---
Toad, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, Geno, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Ridley, Mewtwo, Deoxys, Pichu, Genesect, Roy, Palutena, Mach Rider, Ray, and Mega Man for SSB4!
#7LegendofLegaiaPosted 3/31/2013 4:43:25 PM(edited)
Naturally, the people who want the Original 12 to be left untouched would assume that this would make Ness more likely, but I wonder how many people would do the same for Roy if his game was put on the VC, lol.

There has yet to be any quote from Sakurai that the Original 12 are safe and the fact that Ness was going to be cut in Melee and how Jigglypuff was such a low priority in Brawl really makes me question why people think they're uncuttable for the sole reason of being in the original game.
---
"It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it." - Kreia
#8JangobadassPosted 3/31/2013 5:17:34 PM
There's never been any reason to think Ness would be cut in the first place. Not only does he have a perfect attendance record, but he's got great moves. Earthbound/Mother 2 getting on the VC just sweetened the deal.
---
6 episodes in a row of Team Plasma?
...m-my body isn't ready. I don't think it could ever be...
#9DasDavidPosted 3/31/2013 5:28:13 PM
I don't really know what to make of them so I by default assume they'll stay in until something can show me reason to think otherwise.

Ness was once on the chopping block to be replaced by Lucas in Melee, but the fact that they both ended up in Brawl as two of the least similar clones sure makes it seem to me as if Sakurai intends for them both to stay in.
---
Final SSB4 prediction/wishlist before E3 2013
http://imgur.com/7gBhInU
#10NavidsonRecord(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 9:14:29 PM
Limelight788 posted...
I don't see any reason for us to worry about Ness or Lucas getting in.

Their chance would be the same with or without a release of the game on the Japanese Virtual Console.

Now what I would like to see to see NOA do is to release the game on the Virtual Console. Unfortunately, they'll keep hiding behind the "legal issues" excuse and continue to prove that they hate Mother fans (or at least couldn't care less).

Tell me about it. I was so exciting when Itoi was talking about a Mother revival, RIGHT AFTER he went on an interview saying how much he admired the Western fans. Then when it ended up that Mother 2 would only be released in Japan, again...oh man. Heart broken.
---
Previously erksage.