With the recent re-release of Mother 2 on the Japan VC...

#11GenoPosted 3/31/2013 10:11:12 PM
NavidsonRecord posted...
Yeah, I am. haha. I love the Mother series, but I don't think it necessarily needs two reps.

I disagree.

People continuously undermine Mother as a series because it doesn't release a new game yearly. It's quality over quantity. I feel like Mother deserves three reps, at least, but clearly not everyone agrees with me.

Does it need Lucas? Not particularly, but there's a lot of fun, unique character potential in the Mother series that gets overlooked in favor of three Fox's.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#12NavidsonRecord(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 10:48:21 PM
Geno posted...
NavidsonRecord posted...
Yeah, I am. haha. I love the Mother series, but I don't think it necessarily needs two reps.

I disagree.

People continuously undermine Mother as a series because it doesn't release a new game yearly. It's quality over quantity. I feel like Mother deserves three reps, at least, but clearly not everyone agrees with me.

Does it need Lucas? Not particularly, but there's a lot of fun, unique character potential in the Mother series that gets overlooked in favor of three Fox's.

Let me start off with saying that if I could pick the rosters, there would be more Mother characters. The main cast alone is so diverse in potential move sets that I think any character, and I mean that literally, would be a great addition. However, proportionally to a 35 character roster, I think two is fine. I was surprised it got two in Brawl. But I totally agree with everything you said, and I'm not trying to undermine Mother. I'm in love with the series. I mean look at it, Poo has great potential, Duster, even Salsa or Teddy. All the characters are so different that yeah, Mother could have more reps. Maybe even should have more reps. Starfox does not need three. Fox and Falco was fine, Fox and Wolf would be fine. I would love nothing more than to see MORE Mother characters, but I don't think it will happen.

I would like to see a different type of Mother character represented, however. Ness and Duster. Ness and Jeff. You know?
---
Previously erksage.
Mother 3 to America!....right?
#13Charizard18Posted 3/31/2013 11:04:02 PM
Geno posted...
NavidsonRecord posted...

I disagree.

This. I kind of want a non PSI user. Duster, even Salsa and he's a monkey. Ninten could be cool for those who want the complete trio. Porky could work. MM.
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"Ready--but watch out for the ULTIMATE TRAFFIC STOPPER: A POLICE ROADBLOCK."
#14Ari917Posted 3/31/2013 11:34:36 PM
Limelight788 posted...
I don't see any reason for us to worry about Ness or Lucas getting in.

Their chance would be the same with or without a release of the game on the Japanese Virtual Console.

Now what I would like to see to see NOA do is to release the game on the Virtual Console. Unfortunately, they'll keep hiding behind the "legal issues" excuse and continue to prove that they hate Mother fans (or at least couldn't care less).

Considering how sue-happy American society is I highly doubt that's an excuse...
---
Official Wyvern Lord of the Awakening Board
#15Doug314Posted 4/1/2013 3:07:05 AM
Ness will stay. Lucas is the one that could potentially go.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB4
"I'm willing to bet money that Waluigi, Chrom and K. Rool are in this game" -DynasticAnthony
#16Limelight788Posted 4/1/2013 12:10:10 PM(edited)
Ari917 posted...
Limelight788 posted...

Their chance would be the same with or without a release of the game on the Japanese Virtual Console.

Now what I would like to see to see NOA do is to release the game on the Virtual Console. Unfortunately, they'll keep hiding behind the "legal issues" excuse and continue to prove that they hate Mother fans (or at least couldn't care less).

Considering how sue-happy American society is I highly doubt that's an excuse...

I understand that there are legal issues surrounding the game, but considering that this was the most highly requested game for the Virtual Console, it would have been nice if NOA would have put some effort towards getting the game on the Virtual Console instead of labeling the ESRB rating as a "mistake".

Heck, we were promised that the game was going to come out on the Virtual Console by Iwata himself and only after six and a half years did we finally get it on the Wii U in Japan with no signs of it coming out elsewhere.

Basically, Nintendo lied to us. They should have not said anything about Earthbound coming to the Virtual Console if they knew the legal issues it would take to bring the game to the Virtual Console.
---
Toad, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, Geno, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Ridley, Mewtwo, Deoxys, Pichu, Genesect, Roy, Palutena, Mach Rider, Ray, and Mega Man for SSB4!
#17JangobadassPosted 4/1/2013 12:50:45 PM
Ari917 posted...
Limelight788 posted...

THIS is why the Internet oh so strongly opposes SOPA, Congress >8(

Though someone please jog my memory: just what IS the hang up anyway???
---
http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/2013/04/01/477-b-royale-in-the-family-2/
#18Ari917Posted 4/1/2013 12:57:07 PM(edited)
Limelight788 posted...
Ari917 posted...
Limelight788 posted...

I understand that there are legal issues surrounding the game, but considering that this was the most highly requested game for the Virtual Console, it would have been nice if NOA would have put some effort towards getting the game on the Virtual Console instead of labeling the ESRB rating as a "mistake".

Heck, we were promised that the game was going to come out on the Virtual Console by Iwata himself and only after six and a half years did we finally get it on the Wii U in Japan with no signs of it coming out elsewhere.

Basically, Nintendo lied to us. They should have not said anything about Earthbound coming to the Virtual Console if they knew the legal issues it would take to bring the game to the Virtual Console.

I understand what you mean, getting our hopes up like that was just cruel. If they couldn't do it, don't even bother going through the process.

Jangobadass posted...

I still don't get SOPA but lets avoid getting into it, I'd hate to derail this topic. XD

This should explain it: http://earthboundcentral.com/2009/02/earthbound-legal-issues/
---
Official Wyvern Lord of the Awakening Board
#19Limelight788Posted 4/1/2013 12:56:50 PM
Jangobadass posted...
Ari917 posted...
Limelight788 posted...

Mainly music and I think some graphic similarities. They already had to do some changes to get the game released in North America.

I'd be a lot more forgiving of NOA if they didn't treat Mother fans like absolute dirt and Nintendo didn't try to build up the release of Earthbound on the Virtual Console, only for it to never happen outside of Japan.
---
Toad, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, Geno, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Ridley, Mewtwo, Deoxys, Pichu, Genesect, Roy, Palutena, Mach Rider, Ray, and Mega Man for SSB4!
#20Limelight788Posted 4/1/2013 12:56:50 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]