This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

does an AW representative seem likely?

#1marvel_fan333Posted 4/1/2013 12:06:46 AM
I think the series is notable enough for some representation. It already got an AT in Brawl.

The only really issues with this is coming up with a good Up B for any character and choosing a character in the first place. It'd probably have to be an Orange Star character. Sami is my pick, but Andy is the most requested.
---
Not changing sig until The Wonderful 101 is in my veins.
http://www.abload.de/img/wondjajwf.gif vs. http://i.minus.com/ib6nYQvGCeQxk.gif
#2sterlingtygerPosted 4/1/2013 12:29:13 AM
I sure wish. <_<
Imagine how awesome it would be to have Andy as like, a summoner-type character, calling different units into battle? Like his B move spawns an Infantry, who runs forward and shoots like the assist trophy does? Ooh, and maybe there's a random chance a la Dedede's Side B that it'll be a Mech or even a Tank?
And his Up B should summon a Transport Copter, and work kind of like Snake's!

A moves should totally be a combination of other summons, like... summoning an Anti Air unit with a Down Smash that shoots upwards at the foes above him; and using of his own weapons, and smacking them around with his wrench.

Advance Wars is definitely an important Nintendo series, dating back to ye olden days of the Famicom; buuuuut unfortunately, I doubt how likely it is, especially with the series all but dead ever since Dual Strike. :c

We can only hope, though, right?
For a new Advance Wars game, AND for a rep in Smash!
#3Doug314Posted 4/1/2013 12:31:55 AM
Assuming AW is Advance Wars, then I say not likely. Wasn't that in the GBA days?
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB4
"I'm willing to bet money that Waluigi, Chrom and K. Rool are in this game" -DynasticAnthony
#4sterlingtygerPosted 4/1/2013 12:42:29 AM
Doug314 posted...
Assuming AW is Advance Wars, then I say not likely. Wasn't that in the GBA days?

Technically, yes.
But UNtechnically, the Wars series started on the Famicom, spiked in popularity when it made it overseas on the GBA, and hasn't been heard from since Dual Strike on the DS.
#5thebrawler56Posted 4/1/2013 12:43:00 AM
Doug314 posted...

They still make some.
---
OFFICIAL CAPTAIN FALCON OF THE SUPER SMASH BROS. U BOARD.
Wants to be an Official Pokemon of the X board, but don't know how.
#6Darksamus89Posted 4/1/2013 3:05:16 AM
I don't how likely it is, but I really hope we do get a representative. It's a great series and I love it! It's sad they've been ignoring it for a while now though :(
---
Metroid fans: http://metroidr.brpxqzme.net/
Our student game project: https://www.facebook.com/mcegame
#7Kagemusha_OulmnPosted 4/1/2013 9:52:20 AM
sterlingtyger posted...
Doug314 posted...

Technically, yes.
But UNtechnically, the Wars series started on the Famicom, spiked in popularity when it made it overseas on the GBA, and hasn't been heard from since Dual Strike on the DS.

Actually, Days of Ruin -- which didn't see a Japanese release, strangely enough. Regardless, the series is pretty dead.
---
Series that desperately need another game:
LoZ:FS, BoF, Chrono and MM:L (You were so close, my friend!)
#8alien803Posted 4/1/2013 11:12:58 AM
Yeah mon

Up B- transport helicopter

Down B- Create Unit
Creates an infantry, tank or plane. The thing built is determined by which way you tilt (he holds out a wrench to show where you're pointing). The tilt used is the one that is there when you let go of B. Up tilt is plane, side is infantry, down is tank, no tilt is no unit. Three units max.

Side B- Attack!
Andy points. The direction you point when you let go (point by moving control stick) is the way they go. No point makes nothing happen, Up makes them follow you, down makes them stop.

Down B- Capture Factory
Andy builds a factory with ten health. Allows production of another unit. Two factories max.
---
What is not Godzilla is not worth my time.
#9ViewtifulGenePosted 4/1/2013 11:17:20 AM
The prime time to add an AW rep would've been in Brawl when there was still a steady stream of games. I don't know how high a priority AW will be now when the last game was Days of Ruin for DS.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong