This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It sucks that Nintendo doesnt want to include more 3rd party characters :(

#1GamepocketXPosted 4/1/2013 11:26:19 AM
Oh well atleast we have PSASBR were they will add cloud and other chars,
to hold us until smash 4 comes out
---
BEWARE OF BLUE POLICE BOXES. & Doctor who?
http://i.minus.com/iolofTBhyw6bQ.gif
#2reaverzPosted 4/1/2013 11:29:54 AM
All Sakurai said that adding 3rd Party characters "willy-nilly" would cause the game to lose focus. All I would gauge from that is that they will only add one or two 3rd Party characters regardless of whether or not Snake and Sonic return (which for the record I believe they will).
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#3GamepocketX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 11:31:24 AM
reaverz posted...
All Sakurai said that adding 3rd Party characters "willy-nilly" would cause the game to lose focus. All I would gauge from that is that they will only add one or two 3rd Party characters regardless of whether or not Snake and Sonic return (which for the record I believe they will).

i think they will kick snake out because david hayter is not voicing him anymore :(
---
#4Limelight788Posted 4/1/2013 12:04:45 PM
Its not that they won't add third-party characters so much as they're not going to add a ton of them. Some people at Nintendo have objected to them, but Sakurai has reflected well on them, saying that he liked Snake and Sonic's inclusion.

I think we will see more third-party characters in Smash. Probably just one though, maybe two at best. (cross fingers for Mega Man)
---
Toad, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, Geno, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Ridley, Mewtwo, Deoxys, Pichu, Genesect, Roy, Palutena, Mach Rider, Ray, and Mega Man for SSB4!
#5GamepocketX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 12:10:04 PM
Limelight788 posted...
Its not that they won't add third-party characters so much as they're not going to add a ton of them. Some people at Nintendo have objected to them, but Sakurai has reflected well on them, saying that he liked Snake and Sonic's inclusion.

I think we will see more third-party characters in Smash. Probably just one though, maybe two at best. (cross fingers for Mega Man)

hopefully at least 1 or 2 :P i can see that atleast happening
---
#6Selt_Jr422Posted 4/1/2013 12:11:56 PM
agreed. Sakurai actually loves third partys himself. he just doesn't want so many lol remember him mentioning he wanted the game to be more balanced? i'm asuming it could possibly be for this particular reason as well?? just sayin, having too many third partys would end up making it seem more like a M.U.G.E.N game than a regular smash game :P
#7DasDavidPosted 4/1/2013 12:12:48 PM
I think we're looking at one or two new ones at the most, depending on whether both or neither of the Brawl guests stay. I know he's actually not said anything about it, but I still believe we'll see a Namco guest just because it'll be easy.

Then of course there's Capcom, who he actually has at least mentioned in interviews, but talks on that front might not develop, even if he's somewhat interested, or they could fall apart.

I think it's best having just a couple though. Keeps them feeling special.
---
Final SSB4 prediction/wishlist before E3 2013
http://imgur.com/7gBhInU
#8Selt_Jr422Posted 4/1/2013 12:15:45 PM
DasDavid posted...
I think it's best having just a couple though. Keeps them feeling special.

"special" i know right? not to mention the 3rd party characters even had their own trailers XD
#9pixel378Posted 4/1/2013 4:58:50 PM
reaverz posted...

At what point do they run out of characters to excite people with though? 3rd party characters are important. Who are people going to get excited for? Mega man or some fire emblem dude?
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#10GohansephirothPosted 4/1/2013 6:44:20 PM
GamepocketX posted...
i think they will kick snake out because david hayter is not voicing him anymore :(

Lol what kind of reason is that? Its not like it would affect sakurai and their perception of him in the slightest anyway.
---
"We're gonna be fighting the biggest beast of all - the times"~Big Boss