Rate my move set: Lucina and Chrom

#1Kropis12Posted 4/1/2013 9:26:14 PM
So if Awakening gets a rep, I was thinking that to represent the game, Chrom and Lucina would both get in, but paired up. However the FE board gave me an idea on how that could work. One character is playable at a time but can switch around not unlike the Ice Climbers. Also it took a lot of work to not make them clones of each other or Marth or Ike.

Chrom draws from his class trees for his move set

B Bowfaire: representing his archer class tree, Chrom pulls out a bow and fires an arrow. Unlike Link's it is not charged and it flies straight. However there is a delay to pull out the arrow.

Side B Aegis: represents his cavalier tree. Chrom pulls out a lance that absorbs all damage from projectile attacks.

Up B: Aether: represents his lord tree. On the ground it is a slash upward that restores a bit of health while following up with a charge that deals major damage and breaks shields. No knock back and slow but powerful.

Down B: Dual Guard: Usable only on ground. Lucina jumps out of the background and guards an attack while Chrom jumps into it.

Lucina draws her move set from her potential mother's skills

B Galeforce: represents Sumia. Fires a weak but fast moving fireball that if it connects, Lucina quickly pulls out a lance, and warps to the enemy for a strong attack.

Side B: Renewal: represents Maribelle. A strong but slow slash with an ax. Heals 30 percent if opponent is KOed

Up B: Luna: represents Sully. Pulls out a lance and charges dealing major damage with no knock back and breaks shields. A forward charge on the ground, upward in the air.

DownB: same as Chrom.

Final Smash: Dual Strike: Current character uses Aether on the opponent while the other does a leaping critical hit almost guaranteed a KO.

Please rate
#2Fer476Posted 4/1/2013 9:30:28 PM
And how would you switch between them?
---
...so what?
#3Kropis12(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 9:32:24 PM
It's the down B that switches
#4Fer476Posted 4/1/2013 9:36:08 PM
Aaaah, got it. I thought it was just a simple block, or something.
---
...so what?
#5DasDavidPosted 4/1/2013 9:53:09 PM
Kropis12 posted...

1: You mentioned they would be "not unlike" the Ice Climbers, but as I understand your preposition, Chrom and Lucina are actually more like PT. Let me know if this is wrong or why.Also to avoid a large quote tree I will number my bolded responses to facilitate easy responses from you.

B Bowfaire: representing his archer class tree, Chrom pulls out a bow and fires an arrow. Unlike Link's it is not charged and it flies straight. However there is a delay to pull out the arrow.

2: This seems fine. It'd make him the third character with an arrow standard B, but I don't hate it.

Side B Aegis: represents his cavalier tree. Chrom pulls out a lance that absorbs all damage from projectile attacks.

3: So he doesn't attack with it he just pulls it out and absorbs attacks? or does the lance itself cause damage to enemies standing near him but Chrom doesn't actually move? This is how I understand it and I actually sort of like it better than if you intended for him to move, since being able to deflect projectiles, heal from them, and advance on the opponent simultaneously seems a bit overpowered to me.

Up B: Aether: represents his lord tree. On the ground it is a slash upward that restores a bit of health while following up with a charge that deals major damage and breaks shields. No knock back and slow but powerful.

4: I don't like the health restoration, even though I understand why you chose it. I also don't like the idea of it automatically breaking shield + no knock back since the way I'm picturing it, once Chrom lands and finds his shield dizzy foe exactly where he left him... just seems cheap.

Down B: Dual Guard: Usable only on ground. Lucina jumps out of the background and guards an attack while Chrom jumps into it.

5: I think this should be just a simple switch. The guard aspect means the transformation doesn't require any sort of timing like others do.

Lucina draws her move set from her potential mother's skills

B Galeforce: represents Sumia. Fires a weak but fast moving fireball that if it connects, Lucina quickly pulls out a lance, and warps to the enemy for a strong attack.

6: Seems pointless to make the fireball weak and fast moving since the actual point of the attack seems to be the lance attack. if anything the ball should be slow and easily avoidable or the lance attack be made weaker.

Side B: Renewal: represents Maribelle. A strong but slow slash with an ax. Heals 30 percent if opponent is KOed

7: again, I get it but I don't think healing attacks translate well into Smash. ax attack itself is of course a solid option though.

Up B: Luna: represents Sully. Pulls out a lance and charges dealing major damage with no knock back and breaks shields. A forward charge on the ground, upward in the air.

8: Pretty much same issue as I had with Chrom's up B, but other wise is a fine move

DownB: same as Chrom.

Final Smash: Dual Strike: Current character uses Aether on the opponent while the other does a leaping critical hit almost guaranteed a KO.

9: So sort of like Ike's and Marth's combined? This seems pretty good to me, good way of handling a FS for two characters.

Please rate

Overall the moveset is solid as far as the attacks themselves go, but some of the effects seem to me as if they'd be overpowered, though I might be misunderstanding your intention. Even without my criticisms being addressed I'd give it a 6/10, possibly more if you clarified any point that I maybe misunderstood.
---
Final SSB4 prediction/wishlist before E3 2013
http://imgur.com/7gBhInU
#6Doug314Posted 4/2/2013 6:52:42 AM
But it says not unlike the Ice Climbers. Thus it's like the Ice Climbers. They can't switch their leader mid match. Other than that, I do think this seems like a pretty good idea, but Chrom + The Avatar seems more likely and could do a lot more interesting things IMO.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB4
"I'm willing to bet money that Waluigi, Chrom and K. Rool are in this game" -DynasticAnthony