This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Character Criteria

#11ViewtifulGenePosted 4/2/2013 10:09:21 AM(edited)
Doug314 posted...
Lloyd isn't a Nintendo exclusive but he's still more closely associated with Nintendo than Pac-Man and overall seems like a better fit than Pac-Man. And Lloyd is so ridiculously easy to make a moveset for even if you've barely played Tales of Symphonia.

The one game Lloyd fans worship was ported to PS2 with extra content. So much for a close association with Nintendo.

Pac Man appears in Mario Kart games. So much for having no relation to Nintendo.

And it's ridiculously easy to make a moveset for Pac Man based on the World games.

Sakurai does not decide based on who you think fits. Stop bringing it up.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#12Dustof_DryBonesPosted 4/2/2013 10:04:40 AM(edited)
A gimped Pac-Man stage would suffice as far as Bamco representation is concerned. Leave playable representation to characters like Bayonetta and Travis.
---
Ahoy, matey!
#13xgiraffes13xPosted 4/2/2013 10:11:41 AM
This isn't entirely true. A lot of characters being cut/ being included (to my knowledge) made a lot of fans rage when announced and then it took a while before they got used to it.

Unique? Say hello to the Melee cuts(except for Mewtwo), Falco, Ganondorf and Lucas.

I don't understand how a character 'cannot fit into the style of Smash' unless they are too big or small etc, etc. Also, Olimar breaks this rule as well. I'm sure some adjustments could be made.

Your fourth rule doesn't even make sense.
---
My Dream SSB4 Roster - http://tinyurl.com/az7b2j4
2 months until E3! *fangirls*
#14LegendofLegaiaPosted 4/2/2013 11:34:15 AM(edited)
Doug314 posted...
It's just that no one Nintendo would probably consider it to be to their benefit to get him as he has done so little for Nintendo.

This guy:

http://images.wikia.com/metalgear/images/1/1a/SolidSnake.png

Says:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzevH-4oR34

Doug314 posted...
Lloyd isn't a Nintendo exclusive but he's still more closely associated with Nintendo than Pac-Man and overall seems like a better fit than Pac-Man. And Lloyd is so ridiculously easy to make a moveset for even if you've barely played Tales of Symphonia.

Games that Pac-Man has starred in that are exclusive to Nintendo consoles:

Pac-In-Time, Pac-Man Vs., Pac-Pix, Pac-Man Pinball Advance, Pac 'n Roll, Pac-Man Party, and Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions.

As for non-Pac-Man games he's been in, he was playable in two different Mario Kart arcade games (along with several other Pac-Man characters). He's also going to be in the third one that will be released sometime in the future.

Games that Lloyd Irving has starred in that are exclusive to Nintendo consoles:

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. The first Tales of Symphonia game was ported to the PS2.

Other than that, he's exclusive to the Wii version of Soulcalibur Legends. I guess that's somewhat notable, but if you're honestly going to use this as evidence that he's more associated with Nintendo than Pac-Man when Pac-Man has been playable in two games that star essentially the face of Nintendo, you're either in denial or just ****ing stupid.
---
"It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it." - Kreia
#15Limelight788Posted 4/2/2013 2:50:49 PM
Dustof_DryBones posted...
A gimped Pac-Man stage would suffice as far as Bamco representation is concerned. Leave playable representation to characters like Bayonetta and Travis.

We can do a lot better than add relatively obscure third-parties in the precious third-party slots. Characters like Mega Man, Layton and Slime are much more deserving additions.
---
Toad, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, Geno, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Ridley, Mewtwo, Deoxys, Pichu, Genesect, Roy, Palutena, Mach Rider, Ray, and Mega Man for SSB4!