Wario

Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
+Ghirahim

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer (Mudkip, Grovyle, Blaziken)
Lucario
+6th Gen Pokemon

Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Fox
Falco
Wolf

Samus/Zero Suit Samus
+Dark Samus

Captain Falcon
+Samurai Goroh

Marth
Ike
+Chrom

Ness
Lucaus

Pit
+Palutena

Captain Olimar

Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
R.O.B.
+Little Mac
+Takamaru
+Isaac
+Saki Amamiya
+Shulk
+Dillon

Sonic
Snake
+Pac Man
#2DavemanCosmanPosted 4/3/2013 1:24:07 PM
Dave923 posted...

Lucario
+6th Gen Pokemon

Kirby

OH BOY, I didn't know there was a Pokémon called 6th Gen Pokemon! Guess I haven't caught all of them yet, better get on that.

My sarcasm aside, I generally dislike seeing something like this in a roster. You have no clue which 6th gen you want; you don't even know the full pokédex. All you know is that you blindly want one in the game for the sake of representing 6th gen. The same goes for everyone who posts <u>insert video game series here</u> rep.
---
Pokemon White FC: 2495-0046-4024
#3multielmuchachoPosted 4/3/2013 1:33:31 PM
DavemanCosman posted...
Dave923 posted...

Lucario
+6th Gen Pokemon

Kirby

OH BOY, I didn't know there was a Pokémon called 6th Gen Pokemon! Guess I haven't caught all of them yet, better get on that.

My sarcasm aside, I generally dislike seeing something like this in a roster. You have no clue which 6th gen you want; you don't even know the full pokédex. All you know is that you blindly want one in the game for the sake of representing 6th gen. The same goes for everyone who posts <u>insert video game series here</u> rep.

There's not enough 6th gen Pokemon announced to decide which is worthy, nor has a game been released to demonstrate moveset potential. That's why you have seen that generic newcomer spot and will continue to see it.
#4ShurikonoPosted 4/3/2013 2:03:28 PM
Dave923 posted...

Ness
Lucaus

Lucas fused with Claus? Intardesting.
---
PSN: SuB-Bastion
#5sterlingtygerPosted 4/3/2013 4:52:37 PM
Not too shabby, BUUUT there are a few flaws I'd like to address.

1. Don't you think 50 characters is a big excessive when Sakurai's outright said that this game will not be heavy on the Roster?
2. Ghirahim is a poor choice, being that he's a one-shot villain from a game that might not even be the newest once this comes out, and not even the final boss.
3. Metroid Prime is a dead sub-series, and while Dark Samus would've been great for Brawl, since there hasn't been a Prime game for quite a while now, I'd call it unlikely at best.
4. Is Saki really the best you could do for new series?
5. Is Goroh really necessary?
6. Pokemon Trainer being replaced with a different Pokemon Trainer ain't happening.
7. Sakurai's hinted at a Capcom rep; I find Mega Man's inclusion INCREDIBLY likely.

If I were you, I'd put Goroh, Bowser Jr., Ghirahim, Lucario and Saki on the chopping block to bump it down to 45, then cut Dark Samus for Ridley and May for Pokemon Trainer, and then either Dillon or Little Mac in favor of Mega Man.

But then again I guess also that would just make this roster the same as any other Roster. :0 Haha oh well.
#6DavemanCosmanPosted 4/3/2013 6:54:10 PM
multielmuchacho posted...
There's not enough 6th gen Pokemon announced to decide which is worthy, nor has a game been released to demonstrate moveset potential. That's why you have seen that generic newcomer spot and will continue to see it.

You're just proving my point on blindly just wanting a 6th gen rep. Why does one have to be in the new smash as a playable character? There are 600+ other Pokemon, enough of them which have been significant and popular through the series so far. One of them could've been chosen instead of putting in a placeholder for a character that doesn't even exist yet.

Anyways, my thoughts on your other listed newcomers;
Dave923 posted...

+Bowser Jr.

He would be interesting. I disagree with people who think he would be a smaller Bowser clone since he has enough variety (his magic brush from Sunshine, giant mechas from Galaxy, etc) to be a solid character.

+King K. Rool

It would be interesting to see this guy's moveset if he were to be included in Smash. He has an immense physical size and could easily be one of the new heavy characters to be included.

+Ghirahim

Another interesting choice, but I really don't see it likely. Remember how Vaati got some popularity going before Brawl was released?

Pokemon Trainer (Mudkip, Grovyle, Blaziken)

Why replace the 1st gen original starters with the 3rd gen starters? I can see Blaziken and (maybe) Grovyle working, but Mudkip?

+Dark Samus

The MP logbooks says it's a she, so let's go with that.

She's an interesting choice. Phazon beams, cloaking techniques, shapeshifting and hovering abilities are all enough to give her a unique moveset. I doubt this will actually happen, though.

+Samurai Goroh

The Fire Stingray has always been one of my main F-Zero machines, and while I don't object to the idea of a fat yet agile modern samurai running around slashing other beloved Nintendo characters, I doubt he'll be playable.

+Chrom

I have yet to play Awakening, so I won't pretend to understand why the popularity with Chrom. I'm biased towards Lyn since she was the first NA Fire Emblem lord, but again that's my bias

+Palutena

This one would be awkward if Pit activates his Final Smash while she was in game. Unless that gets changed.

+Little Mac
+Takamaru
+Isaac
+Saki Amamiya

They're all good choices that could happen and no one would complain, but I wouldn't bet my money on any of them.

+Shulk

I haven't played Xenoblade yet, mainly because it's a really hard game to find, so I won't pretend to know why a rep should be in.

+Dillon

Why him specifically? Rolling Western wasn't that memorable IMO.

+Pac Man

There have been that "Namco Bandai been workin' on this Smash so Pac Man ftw" floating around ever since the team up was announced. I wouldn't mind him in the game, but I could also see someone from Tekken taking that spot instead.

---
Pokemon White FC: 2495-0046-4024