This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Doug's new roster

#1Doug314Posted 4/4/2013 8:41:31 PM
This is my new roster prediction before we get the new information from e3. I know it's super bland and generic but it's what's supposedly likely. Chrom and Lloyd could easily be someone else but the rest could possibly be correct. I don't really think Chrom is likely and I don't want him in the game but just so that you people will give me feedback on the rest of my roster instead of just saying how much you think he's guaranteed I've let be there just this once.

Mario series
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser

Donkey Kong series
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

Yoshi series
Yoshi

Wario series
Wario

Zelda series
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link

Star Fox series
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Pokemon series
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario

Kirby series
Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede

Metroid series
Samus/ZSS
Ridley

F-Zero series
Captain Falcon

Fire Emblem series
Marth
Ike
Chrom

Earthbound/Mother series
Ness
Lucas

Kid Icarus series
Pit
Palutena

Others
Little Mac
Isaac
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game and Watch
Robot
Olimar

Third Party
Sonic
Snake
Lloyd Irving
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB4
"I'm willing to bet money that Waluigi, Chrom and K. Rool are in this game" -DynasticAnthony
#2JoshCubeXXXLPosted 4/4/2013 8:59:31 PM
Aw damn, I thought this would be a topic regarding characters from the Nickelodeon show......
#3UberPyro64Posted 4/4/2013 9:06:31 PM(edited)
Doug314 posted...

Mario series
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser

Donkey Kong series
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

Yoshi series
Yoshi

Wario series
Wario

Zelda series
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link

Star Fox series
Fox
Falco
Wolf

All good up to this point.

Pokemon series
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario

Pokemon definitely needs a Gen5/6 rep of sorts. Mewtwo won't cut it unless in the movie he evolves/transforms like that rumor suggests.

Kirby series
Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede

Metroid series
Samus/ZSS
Ridley

F-Zero series
Captain Falcon

Fire Emblem series
Marth
Ike
Chrom

Earthbound/Mother series
Ness
Lucas

Kid Icarus series
Pit
Palutena

All good up to this point again.

Others
Little Mac
Isaac
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game and Watch
Robot
Olimar

Needs less Isaac and more Shulk. Also Takamaru.

Third Party
Sonic
Snake
Lloyd Irving

Pac-Man is like Namco's mascot. Just because a guys suggests something, doesn't mean it will happen. That being said, if Sakurai is good friends with them then that is different.

So ya that's it. I will say though that you thinking Chrom is not likely is biased though.
---
My SSB4 Roster: http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/7451/april2013roster.png
#4sterlingtygerPosted 4/4/2013 9:41:55 PM
Oh look it's the same roster we've seen a hundred times hOOW EXCITING!!

Considering you don't actually want him or find him likely, I'll go ahead and chop Chrom off the end there. He doesn't really matter to me and while I think he's likely, I'd rather not see him and would be plenty happy with the 2 FE characters we have.
Or even, any FE characters that aren't a swordsman. Come on, it's a series with such interesting weapons as Lances, Bows, Axes and Magic, and every character chosen to fight in Smash exclusively uses swords? Come OOOON.
I'd far rather see Caeda, riding a pegasus with a lance, or Micaiah with magic powers, or Anna with Anna powers, or Hector with an axe.

Now, for the rest of your roster, yeah, it's pretty bland and samefacey. No real exciters here. Pretty realistic, but at the same time, lacking in surprisers, so not realistic at all. So, what do I have to dispute with it?

1. I'm doubting the likelihood of K. Rool, or any new DK rep at all. I don't think it would be the type of thing Sakurai would put high on his priority list, considering it's not an interesting possible newcomer, and he's had no major appearances since DK64, and was created by a traitor.

2. Pokemon is /not/ going to have more slots on the roster than Mario. End of story. In addition, your lack of a flavor of the monthy newcomer is... unfortunately unlikely, although hopefully whatever flavor the month we get for Gen 6 will be more interesting than *wretch* Lucario or *barf* Zoroark.
They /are/ gonna be revealing a new Pokemon sometime this week; watch that be the new Big Thing! And no it's not gonna be freakin' Dunderhead Forme Mewtwo. That rumors was clearly false from the beginning. And while I'd love to see Mewtwo back in, and it's growing on me, I still think it's probably not gonna happen. Unless maybe Jigglypuff gets cut.
We can hope, though. But also, yeah, DEFINITELY either axe a Pokemon or add a Mario character. Zelda can stay one below Mario and Pokemon(it was in 64, after all), but Pokemon can't have more than Mario. It's very obvious Sakurai pays attention to these sorts of things. (Dr. Mario was planned for Brawl, probably so that if they managed to cram Mewtwo in there in time they could pull resources from Mario to cram Doc in at the last second. Buuut they didn't.)

3. Little Mac? Good. Isaac? Great. The lack of any other Miscellaneous newcomers? What kills this roster for me.
We're DEFINITELY getting Takamaru and Shulk at the very least, and I'd say Isaac and Little Mac on top of that is incredibly likely. Beyond that... well, Dillon, an Animal Crossing representative, or Andy wouldn't be too much of a stretch.
But I think as pure chances go, you're missing Takamaru and Shulk, guy.

4. Sakurai's hinted at a Capcom rep and there was one that played a huge role in Nintendo's history on the NES, Game Boy, and even modern day.
I see /no/ reason to believe that Mega Man is not one of if not the most likely Smash newcomers.
Also as much as Lloyd would be great, I'm not super sure. I mean... maybe? He's about as likely as Pac-Man, or Klonoa, or Nightmare, or Agumon, I s'pose. And... well, he's more interesting than Pac-Man, I'll give ya that. >_>

Besides that... give it some personal flair, man! This is so boring.
Also... why aren't you using Roster Maker to make roster images in like 9 seconds flat.
http://smashboards.com/entries/the-super-smash-bros-roster-maker-version-4-0-available.4159/
#5Doug314(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 9:58:01 PM
I tried to use roster maker but mine quit working; maybe I can reinstall it.

Mewtwo is my gen 6 representation. He'll be able to use his new form.

There just isn't enough room for miscellaneous newcomers since so many of you are so dead set on no cuts. Then we won't get many newcomers. The roster being bigger than this is rather unlikely IMO.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB4
"I'm willing to bet money that Waluigi, Chrom and K. Rool are in this game" -DynasticAnthony
#6ShurikonoPosted 4/4/2013 10:01:05 PM
@ sterlingtyger.
While I agree with you for a big part on your feedback that is aimed towards the TC, I disagree with your last sentence. The roster maker puts quantity above quality and originality. I personally would create my own "authentic" roster, surfing the web for artwork that fits in as a whole. I love being creative and the roster maker takes away all of that.
It might be a handy tool for paint/photoshop noobies or a lack of creativity altogether, but for fans who have a few extra minutes/hours to spare, it's repulsive.
---
PSN: SuB-Bastion
#7sterlingtygerPosted 4/4/2013 10:11:59 PM
Doug314 posted...
I tried to use roster maker but mine quit working; maybe I can reinstall it.

Mewtwo is my gen 6 representation. He'll be able to use his new form.

There just isn't enough room for miscellaneous newcomers since so many of you are so dead set on no cuts. Then we won't get many newcomers. The roster being bigger than this is rather unlikely IMO.

I had the same problem. An error message pops up like "This program has expired to be run blah blah blah", right?
If you'll look at the top of the blog post I just linked to you'll see:
"If anyone is having trouble with an error related to the Java Runtime Environment, just copy what is inside the "dist" folder, so that means the file "Smash_Roster_Maker.jar" and the "lib" folder to the main directory, where the ".exe" file is. Then double click on the "Smash_Roster_Maker.jar" file and the Roster Maker should work fine! Of course, you must make sure you have the version 7 of Java installed on your computer. See the link in red below to download it."

So basically move the two things that were inside the dist folder to the main folder itself and click on the .jar to get it to work. uwu

You've only got 43 characters in here; if you cut Chrom like you obviously want to and add the all of two characters that essentially /need/ to be added(Takamaru and Shulk) then that'll just be 44. Cut one of the Pokemon reps and it'll be 43, the same amount as this. How is that an unrealistic amount?
(Although personally I'm thinking it's probably anywhere from 44 to 48, with a few cuts(namely, definitely Lucario, probably Ike, and maybe Toon Link or someone else.))

As much as it'd be great to see everyone from Brawl come back it's... just not happening. Let's hope for DLC.

And yeah that "new Mewtwo form" is still a really obvious hoax considering it's "literally shopped from another poster for the same movie" and "looks like what a 10 year old who's only ever watched Pokemon and Dragon Ball Z thinks is cool" and "the well-known to be pretty awful news source you're all convinced by outright says it's probably a hoax anyway" and "the two shopped designs from the same source are literally not even consistent with each other and also not the art style they're supposed to be replicating".
I seriously do NOT understand how /anyone/ could fall for this.
#8sterlingtygerPosted 4/4/2013 10:18:20 PM
Shurikono posted...
@ sterlingtyger.
While I agree with you for a big part on your feedback that is aimed towards the TC, I disagree with your last sentence. The roster maker puts quantity above quality and originality. I personally would create my own "authentic" roster, surfing the web for artwork that fits in as a whole. I love being creative and the roster maker takes away all of that.
It might be a handy tool for paint/photoshop noobies or a lack of creativity altogether, but for fans who have a few extra minutes/hours to spare, it's repulsive.

Oh no I definitely agree with you there. I love putting together my own rosters, and I've been doing it since pre-Brawl days.
But they're not too bad, and if you really care about your quality and surfing the web for your own pics, well. There's official resources for you to put together your own icons, which I... 'enjoy' doing, in the same way I 'enjoy' clipping my nails or I 'enjoy'ed making my own roster images.
At the moment I'm working on a big thing; I'm gonna make an icon for all the Pokemon! :D

My favorite function of the Roster Maker is how it allows me to organize my thoughts, and gives me little suggestions. The fact that I can then save the image and impress my uneducated peers is just a neat side effect, cause I'm lazy.

I think it /would/ be neat to see the Roster Maker packed only with the essentials for the first download, and the copious amounts of characters you're unlikely to use for anything ever as like, supplement packs or whatever. Quality over quantity, yo.
#9Limelight788Posted 4/4/2013 11:38:32 PM(edited)
9/10

Great roster and far more realistic than the average GameFAQs roster. Just two things.

1. Add Takamaru. We'll be getting a retro rep and Takamaru seems like the best bet since he's come back in recent years with a few appearance (Sakurai said that if Takamaru appeared in a new game, he would probably get into Smash).

2. Drop Lloyd Irving. If you're going to add a Namco rep, I would go with Pac-Man simply due to iconic status. I'd suggest swapping Lloyd with Mega Man instead (since I feel he is the most likely new third-party) but I know how you feel about his odds.

I also feel as the roster is a bit small; I think we'll get more than 47 characters, but its up to you. If you do add more, Shulk, Dixie, Roy and Mach Rider all have good chances.

Edit: Side comment, also having issues with roster maker 4.0. I'll go and ask Jakor about it.

@UberPyro64: I think Isaac and Shulk appearing together is a lot more likely than people think.
---
Toad, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, Geno, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Ridley, Mewtwo, Deoxys, Pichu, Genesect, Roy, Palutena, Mach Rider, Ray, and Mega Man for SSB4!
#10sterlingtygerPosted 4/4/2013 11:40:52 PM
Limelight788 posted...

Edit: Side comment, also having issues with roster maker 4.0. I'll go and ask Jakor about it.

I literally just posted about it.
Move the contents of the dist folder to the main folder of the Roster Maker, and then click on the .jar file to open 'er up.