SSB4 Roster Prediction... Sorta... Thing.

#21sterlingtyger(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 12:18:50 AM
DavemanCosman posted...
sterlingtyger posted...
I think it's even possible that Namco won't even get a rep, since Namco's come out saying they would not add or push for a character unless Sakurai asked them.

Do you have a source for the "someone from Namco saying" part? I've googled but can't find anything. I believe you TC, but I would like to read the article/story/tweet/rumor myself

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/harada-masahiro-sakurai-is-in-charge-of-smash-bros.s-design
Good enough?
#22DavemanCosmanPosted 4/7/2013 12:29:00 AM
sterlingtyger posted...
DavemanCosman posted...
sterlingtyger posted...
I think it's even possible that Namco won't even get a rep, since Namco's come out saying they would not add or push for a character unless Sakurai asked them.

Do you have a source for the "someone from Namco saying" part? I've googled but can't find anything. I believe you TC, but I would like to read the article/story/tweet/rumor myself

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/harada-masahiro-sakurai-is-in-charge-of-smash-bros.s-design
Good enough?

Yes, thank you! Interestingly it's Tekken and Soul Calibur demands he comments on, no Pac Man or Lloyd. I can see why the latter two are common guesses for roster choices, however.
---
Pokemon White FC: 2495-0046-4024
#23sterlingtyger(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 12:39:59 AM
DavemanCosman posted...
sterlingtyger posted...
DavemanCosman posted...
sterlingtyger posted...

Good enough?

Yes, thank you! Interestingly it's Tekken and Soul Calibur demands he comments on, no Pac Man or Lloyd. I can see why the latter two are common guesses for roster choices, however.

Mm. To be fair it's a broad statement, and the speaker's the Tekken and Soul Calibur guy.
#24RanzEDGEPosted 4/7/2013 12:50:55 AM
sterlingtyger posted...
(again with the wall of text and immature insults)

being condecending dosent help make your points in this argument sound any better I know im gonna kick my self later for continueing this argument but you really are a infuriating individual so im just going to say this pokemon had 6 reps if you count PT's pokemon (because sakurai counts them as seperate charecters) so nothing is stopping pokemon from adding one more its not a rule that the newest rep has to be cut to make room nor is it a rule that pokemon cant have more reps than mario wich it already has. Also if sakurai said that he was not focusing on adding charecters this could also mean hes not wanting to add so many newcomers like the last 2 installments. Last but not least Lucario's chances of coming backing are pretty high I dont see how i overate them because i point out hes a mascot and has alot of good things going for him truthfully i think you underrate them because everytime i do bring up a point about him being a iconic mascot you just say hes not and start talking about gen1 and how they will never be cut. If anything you need to open your mind more and stop being so simple minded with some things.
---
VV-Double team is OP-VV
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc87/lugiaXDTrainer/Lucario/lucariosig.gif
#25sterlingtyger(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 3:34:21 AM
RanzEDGE posted...
sterlingtyger posted...
(again with the wall of text and immature insults)

being condecending dosent help make your points in this argument sound any better I know im gonna kick my self later for continueing this argument but you really are a infuriating individual so im just going to say this pokemon had 6 reps if you count PT's pokemon (because sakurai counts them as seperate charecters) so nothing is stopping pokemon from adding one more its not a rule that the newest rep has to be cut to make room nor is it a rule that pokemon cant have more reps than mario wich it already has. Also if sakurai said that he was not focusing on adding charecters this could also mean hes not wanting to add so many newcomers like the last 2 installments. Last but not least Lucario's chances of coming backing are pretty high I dont see how i overate them because i point out hes a mascot and has alot of good things going for him truthfully i think you underrate them because everytime i do bring up a point about him being a iconic mascot you just say hes not and start talking about gen1 and how they will never be cut. If anything you need to open your mind more and stop being so simple minded with some things.

If you want to be taken seriously I suggest you take the actual effort to speak properly. Maybe it's hard for you, I can't know. I'm sorry if I offended you and you have dyslexia or some other learning disability. I did sort of assume that you could use proper grammar but chose not to, but perhaps you can't? Maybe it's not your first language or something, I don't know.
Give me a source for Sakurai counting each Pokemon Trainer Pokemon as a separate character?(Separate. Character. English is a pretty tough cause a lot of things that sound like one letter are actually another. You can do it! I believe in you!) I think it's plausible, sure, that he does think of it that way, from a development standpoint, but he's also well aware that these characters are still just 4 slots on the roster. I think if Pokemon /visibly/ outstated having more characters than Mario it'd be a different story, but the entire point of Pokemon Trainer is that he's 3 characters in one. Also they didn't have to come up with or animate a unique Final Smash or Down B for any of them.

I very distinctly did NOT say he's not a mascot. He's certainly not a no name. I think if Pikachu, Charizard, Squirtle, Mewtwo, Meowth, Jigglypuff, Togepi, Poliwhirl and Clefairy were all ruled out, Lucario would probably be like... third in line for Pokemon's mascot!

I don't think Lucario's chances of coming back are as high as you seem to be. He represented fourth gen really well. I don't think anyone else could or would have filled his shoes. Fourth gen was 7 years ago an there's been TWO generations since then. It's like saying there was no way Pichu was gonna be cut for Brawl.

I think Lucario does have potential to come back. He's a neat Pokemon, he's already got a moveset, all they'd need to do is create an entirely new model and entirely new animations and make some changes and tweaks to balance it a bit better and maybe make his gimmick more pronounced and there'd probably be tough decisions between who's more deserving, the recent sort-of mascot, or the most famous Pokemon of all time, or the second most popular Pokemon of all time who's suddenly a thousand times more important, or the main character of the games whose character also strongly represents the single most important and well known gameplay mechanic that is completely unique to the very unique Pokemon series. Or the second most important and well known gameplay mechanic that is completely unique to the Pokemon series. (Evolution and catching Pokemon and having a team of them, respectively.) Or the incredibly easy to implement mascot who's pretty popular and well known and kind of tradition at this point. It's a tough choice.
#26RanzEDGEPosted 4/7/2013 4:48:38 AM(edited)
I dont want to continue this anymore lets agree to dissagree because your stubborn and I dont back down from a fight this could go on forever but since i made my point about 3 or 4 times already so ill conclude this right here maybe we can chat later?

PS:Try not being so prone to being a condescending smartass when your trying to have conversation it helps actually get your point to people while not alternatively pissing them off in the process.
---
VV-Double team is OP-VV
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc87/lugiaXDTrainer/Lucario/lucariosig.gif
#27sterlingtyger(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 5:33:24 AM
RanzEDGE posted...
I dont want to continue this anymore lets agree to dissagree because your stubborn and I dont back down from a fight this could go on forever but since i made my point about 3 or 4 times already so ill conclude this right here maybe we can chat later?

PS:Try not being so prone to being a condescending smartass when your trying to have conversation it helps actually get your point to people while not alternatively pissing them off in the process.

It's kind of amusing that you're calling me stubborn when your only point is "Lucario's a mascot" and you're not refuting any of my valid arguments and just pushing further and repeating the same argument. And I'm not disagreeing with that point. Lucario's a mascot. Certainly not THE mascot. Heck, the secondary mascot for the entire series, Meowth, hasn't even been in Smash yet. But he's still a mascot. I think he was great in Brawl and I wouldn't mind seeing him in Smash 4. But this is supposed to have some semblance of realism, and I just really don't think it's that likely.

I'd really rather not chat later. You're a pretty infuriatingly stubborn individual. Thanks for the offer though.

PS: I can't help but be condescending when I'm capable of proper grammar and capitalization and even here you're obviously trying and obviously failing. Again, sorry if I offend you, or even anyone with a learning disability. If I knew if you were dyslexic or somesuch I would definitely not be saying the things that I'm saying. I am judging you from my own perspective. I don't know your life, man. Or lady. I don't even know that. It's hard to remember that behind each username is a person, but I try my damnedest. I'm just not trying to give you an ego boost here.
And I'm trying to have an argument, not a conversation. You made it pretty clear that you were being hostile and I reacted in kind. We had opposing views and tried to make points to support them, but I'm just too conservatively minded and you're too much of a dreamer and we're both too stubborn to look at it the other way.
Not that I don't do dreaming. I think about how awesome characters who will never be in Smash would be all the time. I just am trying my hardest to keep this roster as realistic and representative of who's truly important to Nintendo as possible.
And I hate to break it to you, but it's also hard to get your point across when you literally are not using the English language correctly.