This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you agree with any of these moveset changes? (Part 1: Mario)

#1BigSharkZPosted 4/7/2013 4:46:25 PM(edited)
I think I'll start doing a few topics like these since I've had so many moveset ideas for years and barely talked about them with people. I'm just curious to see what your opinions are on any of these ideas and if you would like some to be implemented for SSB4.

Note: I do not want all of these necessarily. They're just some ideas I've had for a long time.

So, for the first topic, let's start with our favorite red plumber.

-Running while jumping does the long jump.
-By timing it right, Mario can do 3 jumps in a row (Not 3 jumps one after another in the air).
-Running while doing his Side A move makes him either jump with his arms in the front and slide, or he slides on his butt while hitting the opponent with his feet.
-Running, changing direction then doing a jump does a somersault.
-Crouching for a while then jumping does a super jump.
-Jumping on opponents does minor damage.
-Crouching while walking makes Mario crawl around.
-Holding jump in the air will make Mario fly with the Flying Cap, just like Pit, Charizard, or Metaknight.

-Up B: Star Jump, Propeller hat, F.L.U.D.D. Rocket or Hover.
-Side B: Still the cape, but holding it makes it so you wear it. Once you start running for a certain amount of time, you can fly around, or use it by holding the jump button in the air. Since running would be harder to do, there should be an advantage over just holding the jump button in the air. Another idea for this would be that If hit once, the cape is gone for the whole match ONLY if you used it to fly to balance things a bit. This makes it so you can only fly once in a match but can still use the cape as it is currently used in Brawl as much as you want.
-Neutral B: From time to time, ice balls, boomerangs or hammers are thrown instead. Ice balls freeze the opponent but are a lot less common to appear, hammers are thrown in a vertical arc and boomerangs work like Link's boomerangs.
-Down B: Ground pound move or Koopa shell throw / kick. It works exactly like the Koopa shell item.

Side smash: Mario charges his hammer then hits the opponent. The longer it is held, the more damage is done with certain effects. If held the longest, the hammer does a small earthquake.

Side A: A Tanooki tail appears and Mario spins with it to hit the opponent. If Side A is held, you can keep the tail to fly around ONLY after running. You can also hover in the air for a short period of time. Just like the cape (Not necessarily), if hit once, Mario loses the tail and cannot fly anymore but can still use it to attack.

Air Neutral A: Mario does a high kick in the air with one foot, much like an aerial version of his ground neutral A kick. Another idea would be the spin attack from Super Mario Galaxy / New Super Mario Bros.

I'm sure I have a few other ideas but these are the ones that I mostly remember (Yes, I did have these documented in a file, but I unfortunately lost it).

Would you like if any of these ideas were implemented?
---
PSN: MounirJemily
#2DasDavidPosted 4/7/2013 4:50:20 PM
I like the idea for his crawl walk, and while I would like the star jump, I don't want it as his up b since the simple block punch is too iconic in my opinion.

His down b needs to change imo, and of the options you listed I think the ground pound is best. However Bowser and Yoshi both have it, so I would prefer to see him get a power up based attack. Maybe just a simple Tanooki tail spin.
---
Final SSB4 prediction/wishlist before E3 2013
http://imgur.com/2a4A1An
#3BigSharkZ(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 8:30:41 PM
DasDavid posted...
I like the idea for his crawl walk, and while I would like the star jump, I don't want it as his up b since the simple block punch is too iconic in my opinion.

His down b needs to change imo, and of the options you listed I think the ground pound is best. However Bowser and Yoshi both have it, so I would prefer to see him get a power up based attack. Maybe just a simple Tanooki tail spin.

Thanks, and as for his current Up B, sure, it is iconic, but it's the same move as his jump so I could live without it.

I seem to be the only one who loves his current down B move but I think it could work by taunting or something. Each taunt would change the F.L.U.D.D.'s upgrade so you can do different moves. I really do not want to see the current move go, but there is room for improvement.
---
PSN: MounirJemily
#4DasDavidPosted 4/7/2013 8:46:35 PM
I never minded FLUDD too much because I don't play as him a lot. My brother however is a Mario main and he really was against it. It's not exactly that it's not useful, since after all the fact that it interrupts enemy recovery without granting them their up B again IS pretty damn useful, it's just that it has that one very specific purpose and that's it. At least as far as I see it.

If it dealt some damage or caused flinching on grounded enemies, hell maybe even made 'em slip or something, then I might be more on board with keeping it.
---
Final SSB4 prediction/wishlist before E3 2013
http://imgur.com/2a4A1An