This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Super Smash Bros. has sold over 22.78 million copies with only 3 games

#21NME_EnterprisesPosted 4/12/2013 4:46:06 AM
I didn't really like MKW that much either, but eh

I guess the Kart games are easily a lot more casual than the Smash ones are, so that works in its favor
---
People who've needed "a monstah to clobbah dat dere Kirbeh!": 127
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/15/heartscream2.jpg
#22ShurikonoPosted 4/12/2013 5:02:54 AM
MKW was too luck based for me too. And I barely had any luck with that abysmal game. Leading 2 2/3 rounds and BAM! Doom strikes!
Red shell > red shell > shell > blue shell > Bullet Bill. Oh, look I finished last. Never touched it ever since.
---
PSN: SuB-Bastion
#23ViewtifulGenePosted 4/12/2013 5:14:44 AM
MKW could've been great if it had an item switch and separate modes for karts or bikes. I liked the option of using bikes but I didn't like how they overcentralized the game.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#24usaamahlinkPosted 4/12/2013 5:45:21 AM
XxWontonxX posted...
SpunkySix posted...
ecylis posted...
SpunkySix posted...
Wait. Only that much? Don't get me wrong, one of the best series ever and those sales aren't too shabby, but... didn't MKW sell 30 mil+ all by itself?

WHAT

Yeah, MKW sold ~32.44 million copies. It's the best selling racing game ever, and it's the second highest selling game on the Wii, right behind Wii Sports.

So somehow, one MK game outsold the entire SSB series. Huh.

Mario Kart Wii was fantastic but no way it should have sold more than the SSB series imo :/

Well its quite simple... all those people that bought Wiis because of its mass market appeal, Mario Kart is a game that anyone can play. Smash Bros is a bit more specific in terms of audience and lasting appeal. I definitely consider Smash one of the best games around, Ive spent thousands of hours on Brawl alone, and its the only game in the world that never gets boring, but, again, it doesnt appeal to everyone, whereas Mario Kart DOES.
---
Currently playing: Chrono Trigger, The Last Story, Vandal Hearts, Fire Emblem (GBA), Xenoblade Chronicles, F-Zero GX. SSB Brawl <-(always)
#25MrSpacelySlatePosted 4/12/2013 8:30:54 AM
PlasmaCannon posted...
How in the hell did the worst Kart game in the series sell THAT much?! My guess is that Wii Wheel gimmick it came with. MKW was just ugh.

1. The online was actually good
2. You can use any control methods
3. Most of the courses were well designed
4. Right place at the right time. It was when Wii was at its all time highest

Just a few reasons, but then again, considering who you are, I might as well be talking to dry paint.
#26PlasmaCannonPosted 4/12/2013 8:52:31 AM
MrSpacelySlate posted...
PlasmaCannon posted...
How in the hell did the worst Kart game in the series sell THAT much?! My guess is that Wii Wheel gimmick it came with. MKW was just ugh.

1. The online was actually good
2. You can use any control methods
3. Most of the courses were well designed
4. Right place at the right time. It was when Wii was at its all time highest

Just a few reasons, but then again, considering who you are, I might as well be talking to dry paint.

With the exception of reason 3 (the courses in game were ugh) that makes sense especially reason 4. Still item balance was terrible and the gameplay mechanics involving items really kills the game.
---
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.